The Race Place

National Championships Summer Super Comp expressions of interest (new players welcome)

PWJ

THE DRAW

Round 1

1 BLUES   TURBOS        
2 STEELERS   KAURI KATS        
3 HURRICANES   CRUSADERS        
4 CHIEFS   FERDIES        

Round 2

1 KAURI KATS   BLUES        
2 TURBOS   CRUSADERS        
3 STEELERS   FERDIES        
4 HURRICANES   CHIEFS        

Round 3

1 BLUES   CRUSADERS        
2 KAURI KATS   FERDIES        
3 TURBOS   CHIEFS        
4 STEELERS   HURRICANES        

Round 4

1 FERDIES   BLUES        
2 CRUSADERS   CHIEFS        
3 KAURI KATS   HURRICANES        
4 TURBOS   STEELERS        

Round 5

1 BLUES   CHIEFS        
2 FERDIES   HURRICANES        
3 CRUSADERS   STEELERS        
4 KAURI KATS   TURBOS        

Round 6

1 HURRICANES   BLUES        
2 CHIEFS   STEELERS        
3 FERDIES   TURBOS        
4 CRUSADERS   KAURI KATS        

Round 7

1 BLUES   STEELERS        
2 HURRICANES   TURBOS        
3 CHIEFS   KAURI KATS        
4 FERDIES   CRUSADERS      

2 hours ago, PWJ said:

PARK PACERS

Nice try but named after a lame course. 

THIEVES ON WHEELS is the logical choice. What say you team???

Did think of the Wobblies seeing we had a female present, but might be contrived as a "sexist" remark. Smack. 

A very nice line up if I do say so. 

PS. Someone please step up as Captain , as I will be running a Harness comp( which funnily enough you will all be in )👍

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MEDIA RELEASE FROM MUSTELID PR

Free and unencumbered elections have taken place in Bedrock, where the incumbent, one 'Kapitain Max', has been overwhelmingly reaffirmed as leader. No buildings were stormed (though a crate of Moet has mysteriously gone missing from Party HQ), and the citizenry is happiness filled.

Refusing to incur the cost of an 'acceptance speech media conference', our Noble Leader simply muttered something about 'honour and privilege' and 'preparing to fight the good fight' before departing with aides to 'find that blessed Moet and make it safe for democracy'.

MM

moet mustelid.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Weekend Earlybird Tip

The best two year old we have sent to the races in quite some time lines up on debut on Saturday in race 1 at Rosehill. A PJ mating and retained by us to race as a stallion prospect after ripping his leg open prior to the Easter Sale.

Named Remarque. he is trained by Team Hawkes with Tommy Berry to ride. Slightly awkward draw at 11 but this colt has won his only two trials effortlessly at Rosehill. May pay to get on this Snitzel boy early. Here's the most recent trial win:

https://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/VideoResult.aspx?MeetDate=2021Jan04&VenueCode=NTg5ODE=&RaceNumber=7&MeetingCategory=Trial&VideoFileType=Last400m

Meanwhile my daughter's boyfriend's horse Fake Love has the horror draw of 20 in Saturday's Magic Millions 2yo Classic 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Meanwhile my daughter's boyfriend's horse Fake Love has the horror draw of 20 in Saturday's Magic Millions 2yo Classic 🙄

Is the Boss sticking with Fake Love Peter?  -   🙂  Ignore this.. they've finally loaded the first two races on Racenet 🙂 

Edited by Dancing Show
Updated post as now have the answer :)

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

thanks for the Remarque-able tip PJ ... however, 
$1.60-$1.70 is way too short (for this Mustelid), for a debutant 2yo colt in a big field from an awkward draw.

MM 

you didn't watch the trial then...

19 minutes ago, PWJ said:

you didn't watch the trial then...

no ...guilty or not guilty?

Ok, so I've now seen the trial and yes, super-impressive.

what's it like in traffic / close quarters? does it have the gate speed to take luck out of the equation, and what about track conditions on the day?

Too many variables for MM's liking, but clearly got plenty of gears (incl overdrive!). Will watch with interest. Best of luck to all the connections.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Hey Gluteus - you cannot get 60% interest at the bank 😉

True enough, Engelbert, but the bank payout has much lower risk. Not knocking the horse, big raps on it, but want $2.00+ before Max pinches Mrs W's gluteus (to distract her attention ) and snaffles all the coins from her Purse Of All Things.

MM

40 minutes ago, pegs pride said:

PJ

I like the new rule "not seeing your opponents pics".

A couple or 3 times though, I had to change my selections as too many the same as opponents. How will this work now?

Heather you won't have to worry about how many of your selections will be the same as your opponent. That rule will be scrapped. May produce some closer ties.

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Yes back in the days when they were a force to be reckoned with.  Perhaps with Pam back that might be the case again.

Although the one obvious difference between the pre-Maxi era and the Maxi error era, remains 😊

Pray tell and por favor,
how many times did the Kitty Kats score
in them dear departed days of yore?
Three or four?  
You da chap wot knows the score... 
Say Some More.

MM

Edited by Maximus

Chiefs, Barbarians and Crusaders - we need a Captain for these sides please.

No response on the team name for the you-know-whose so they will take the rather impressive moniker of "Barbarians" easily shortened to Babas !

Thanks to those captains who have come forward

13 minutes ago, PWJ said:

No response on the team name for the you-know-whose so they will take the rather impressive moniker of "Barbarians" easily shortened to Babas !

easily shortened to Babas

How about Sheeple? Sheeple Peeple? Baba Sheeple?

Stop it, Maxi!

Goodbye.

MM

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Yeah I replied earlier.  Thieves on Wheels seeing as we have some Harness people on board and it was mooted as an experiment for harness nuts taking on the TB experts.?

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Well we couldn't take the name that Hesi proposed - Alexandra Park ....tahs because it is offensive, and rightly so (he should not of used the words Alexandra Park on a TB forum 😊)

Name won't change the results either and I cannot be captain as will be posting mostly on a Friday night and will rely on team to replace any scratchings as out most of Saturdays.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Say No More said:

My records don't go back further than April 2016 (just after a very dark period for the Canes), but I'm guessing they won the Super Comps a few times. 

One of the oldest comps I have, the Kats (Graeme, Sharne, Pam, Betty and Pam) finished runners-up to a Magpies team that Ray was part of.  The rest of that Magpies team did a bit of a grab and run - they were only around for a very short period and probably have the best strike rate in terms of winning PJ Super Comps (albeit only a small sample size).

holy hell, SNM, were the two Pams identical twins?...was it a case of Wayne Fontana cranking up the Mindbenders for a(n) (a)rousing rendition of...

MM

• Like 2