The Race Place

National Championships Summer Super Comp expressions of interest (new players welcome)

PWJ

13 hours ago, Say No More said:

My records don't go back further than April 2016 (just after a very dark period for the Canes), but I'm guessing they won the Super Comps a few times. 

One of the oldest comps I have, the Kats (Graeme, Sharne, Pam, Betty and Pam) finished runners-up to a Magpies team that Ray was part of.  The rest of that Magpies team did a bit of a grab and run - they were only around for a very short period and probably have the best strike rate in terms of winning PJ Super Comps (albeit only a small sample size).

Oh they were great team mates! 

2 couples as I recall who were good friends of PJs. I'm pretty sure they part owned Mongolian Khan. 

Being the 5th wheel they took pity and made me captain. The only thing I had to do was ride on their coat tails to the championship. 🏆

They came, saw & conquered! 

I miss them terribly... 

cheers
R

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rayzor said:

Oh they were great team mates! 

2 couples as I recall who were good friends of PJs. I'm pretty sure they part owned Mongolian Khan. 

Being the 5th wheel they took pity and made me captain. The only thing I had to do was ride on their coat tails to the championship. 🏆

They came, saw & conquered! 

I miss them terribly... 

cheers
R

From April 16 2016

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

KAURI KATS vs MAGPIES 

Graeme (10/2-3012.40) v Tracy (5/6-2662.20)

Betty (8/4-2602.80) v Ray (8/3-3917.40)

Pam (3/9-2494.80) v Mike C (7/4-2375.40)

Sarah (6/6-2581.00) v Murray (6/5-2181.00)

Sharne (7/5-2778.20) v Sharyn (6/5-2462.80)

• Like 2

yes pam and i go back a long way  when we owned the lake ferry hotel she used to pop down and help me when we got so busy, they had a batch a few houses up from the pub then they did a silly thing and moved to northland so that is how the kauri kats came to be born stayed with her the other night first time we had met in 20years( always talked on the phone) we raced a couple of horses together aka lady of the lake and little wizard

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

From April 16 2016

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

KAURI KATS vs MAGPIES 

The Magpies team were in fact stalwart Ray plus the HB-based breeders of Dundeel who still are friends and clients.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah I replied earlier.  Thieves on Wheels seeing as we have some Harness people on board and it was mooted as an experiment for harness nuts taking on the TB experts.?

Sorry Rees, that's too long and would end up being simply called Thieves which is not very nice.

2 hours ago, sharne said:

yes pam and i go back a long way  when we owned the lake ferry hotel she used to pop down and help me when we got so busy, they had a batch a few houses up from the pub then they did a silly thing and moved to northland so that is how the kauri kats came to be born stayed with her the other night first time we had met in 20years( always talked on the phone) we raced a couple of horses together aka lady of the lake and little wizard

Was that before the Tipokis took over Sharne.?  I did some gas work on that Hotel , and Cruise Martinborough has used it a few times although 200 classic/muscle/hotrods turning up at once creates a massive waiting list and a logistical nightmare for seating. 

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

From April 16 2016

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

KAURI KATS vs MAGPIES 

Oh the memory's from long ago.

Maybe we should start an obituary column on here.               Just kidding.:classic_smile:      

12 minutes ago, brown fox said:

That 10/2 record of mine is definitely a distant memory.Dont think I've got anywhere near those dizzy heights again'

Mind you up against the Baba's/Thieves on wheels first up should be fine.They will feel decidedly uncomfortable backing anything paying more than $1.50.😂

ya beat me to the draw there on the 10/2 record, Foxy One ...Kapitain Max has filed that away for future reference (if required)! 

MM

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, craigos1 said:

I will captain Baabaa's/Thieves on Wheels if no-one else available.

I realise Rees is doing Harness Comp.

I do get called in too work some Saturdays normally when least expected!

Cheers,

Craig.

Thanks Craig,I work a lot of Saturdays but if you get called in message me to fill in just in case it one of my days off

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

as this is a regional comp as pointed out by a nice person much earlier - it is now obvious that we should be called the Steelers  ( Counties Manukau) 

The Energy and Utilities Alliance, weekly blog, Mike Foster- “They don't  like it up 'em”

VS, is this a serious suggestion and if so do you have some agreement from the team ?