The Race Place

National Championships Summer Super Comp expressions of interest (new players welcome)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes pam and i go back a long way  when we owned the lake ferry hotel she used to pop down and help me when we got so busy, they had a batch a few houses up from the pub then they did a silly thing and

Ferdies , if my spot is still available.

Mrs. vS said "you are not going near that site again if Maria has wobbly bits and is going to be in harness' 😉

Posted Images

On 1/10/2021 at 6:28 PM, Maximus said:

When did Pam last play for the Kats? In the pre-Maxi era?

Yes back in the days when they were a force to be reckoned with.  Perhaps with Pam back that might be the case again.

Although the one obvious difference between the pre-Maxi era and the Maxi error era, remains 😊

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, pegs pride said:

PJ

I like the new rule "not seeing your opponents pics".

A couple or 3 times though, I had to change my selections as too many the same as opponents. How will this work now?

Heather you won't have to worry about how many of your selections will be the same as your opponent. That rule will be scrapped. May produce some closer ties.

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Yes back in the days when they were a force to be reckoned with.  Perhaps with Pam back that might be the case again.

Although the one obvious difference between the pre-Maxi era and the Maxi error era, remains 😊

Pray tell and por favor,
how many times did the Kitty Kats score
in them dear departed days of yore?
Three or four?  
You da chap wot knows the score... 
Say Some More.

MM

Edited by Maximus

My records don't go back further than April 2016 (just after a very dark period for the Canes), but I'm guessing they won the Super Comps a few times. 

One of the oldest comps I have, the Kats (Graeme, Sharne, Pam, Betty and Pam) finished runners-up to a Magpies team that Ray was part of.  The rest of that Magpies team did a bit of a grab and run - they were only around for a very short period and probably have the best strike rate in terms of winning PJ Super Comps (albeit only a small sample size).

• Like 1

Chiefs, Barbarians and Crusaders - we need a Captain for these sides please.

No response on the team name for the you-know-whose so they will take the rather impressive moniker of "Barbarians" easily shortened to Babas !

Thanks to those captains who have come forward

13 minutes ago, PWJ said:

No response on the team name for the you-know-whose so they will take the rather impressive moniker of "Barbarians" easily shortened to Babas !

easily shortened to Babas

How about Sheeple? Sheeple Peeple? Baba Sheeple?

Stop it, Maxi!

Goodbye.

MM

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Yeah I replied earlier.  Thieves on Wheels seeing as we have some Harness people on board and it was mooted as an experiment for harness nuts taking on the TB experts.?

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Well we couldn't take the name that Hesi proposed - Alexandra Park ....tahs because it is offensive, and rightly so (he should not of used the words Alexandra Park on a TB forum 😊)

Name won't change the results either and I cannot be captain as will be posting mostly on a Friday night and will rely on team to replace any scratchings as out most of Saturdays.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Say No More said:

My records don't go back further than April 2016 (just after a very dark period for the Canes), but I'm guessing they won the Super Comps a few times. 

One of the oldest comps I have, the Kats (Graeme, Sharne, Pam, Betty and Pam) finished runners-up to a Magpies team that Ray was part of.  The rest of that Magpies team did a bit of a grab and run - they were only around for a very short period and probably have the best strike rate in terms of winning PJ Super Comps (albeit only a small sample size).

holy hell, SNM, were the two Pams identical twins?...was it a case of Wayne Fontana cranking up the Mindbenders for a(n) (a)rousing rendition of...

MM

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Say No More said:

Oh they were great team mates! 

2 couples as I recall who were good friends of PJs. I'm pretty sure they part owned Mongolian Khan. 

Being the 5th wheel they took pity and made me captain. The only thing I had to do was ride on their coat tails to the championship. 🏆

They came, saw & conquered! 

I miss them terribly... 

cheers
R

• Like 1
On 1/13/2021 at 4:06 AM, TooFast said:

I'm happy to put my name forward as 'Mighty Blues' Captain, PJ.

Yes a perfect time to work on those Joker success percentages.
I wonder which lucky team will be playing us when Howie pulls out the old poison chalice Joker ??

6 hours ago, Rayzor said:

Oh they were great team mates! 

2 couples as I recall who were good friends of PJs. I'm pretty sure they part owned Mongolian Khan. 

Being the 5th wheel they took pity and made me captain. The only thing I had to do was ride on their coat tails to the championship. 🏆

They came, saw & conquered! 

I miss them terribly... 

cheers
R

From April 16 2016

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

KAURI KATS vs MAGPIES 

Graeme (10/2-3012.40) v Tracy (5/6-2662.20)

Betty (8/4-2602.80) v Ray (8/3-3917.40)

Pam (3/9-2494.80) v Mike C (7/4-2375.40)

Sarah (6/6-2581.00) v Murray (6/5-2181.00)

Sharne (7/5-2778.20) v Sharyn (6/5-2462.80)

• Like 2

yes pam and i go back a long way  when we owned the lake ferry hotel she used to pop down and help me when we got so busy, they had a batch a few houses up from the pub then they did a silly thing and moved to northland so that is how the kauri kats came to be born stayed with her the other night first time we had met in 20years( always talked on the phone) we raced a couple of horses together aka lady of the lake and little wizard

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Hesi said:

From April 16 2016

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

KAURI KATS vs MAGPIES 

The Magpies team were in fact stalwart Ray plus the HB-based breeders of Dundeel who still are friends and clients.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah I replied earlier.  Thieves on Wheels seeing as we have some Harness people on board and it was mooted as an experiment for harness nuts taking on the TB experts.?

Sorry Rees, that's too long and would end up being simply called Thieves which is not very nice.

2 hours ago, sharne said:

yes pam and i go back a long way  when we owned the lake ferry hotel she used to pop down and help me when we got so busy, they had a batch a few houses up from the pub then they did a silly thing and moved to northland so that is how the kauri kats came to be born stayed with her the other night first time we had met in 20years( always talked on the phone) we raced a couple of horses together aka lady of the lake and little wizard

Was that before the Tipokis took over Sharne.?  I did some gas work on that Hotel , and Cruise Martinborough has used it a few times although 200 classic/muscle/hotrods turning up at once creates a massive waiting list and a logistical nightmare for seating. 

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

From April 16 2016

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

KAURI KATS vs MAGPIES 

Oh the memory's from long ago.

Maybe we should start an obituary column on here.               Just kidding.:classic_smile:      

That 10/2 record of mine is definitely a distant memory.Dont think I've got anywhere near those dizzy heights again'

Mind you up against the Baba's/Thieves on wheels first up should be fine.They will feel decidedly uncomfortable backing anything paying more than $1.50.😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1