The Race Place

National Championships Summer Super Comp expressions of interest (new players welcome)

1 minute ago, PWJ said:

Now you can put your name forward Ian ! 👍

Captain it is

Have loved watching the sales on 527

Congratulations picking out Shalaa looks a promising Stallion just brilliant 

Remarque had that noted down once I watched it’s first trial won nicely, although very green, couldn’t see it getting anywhere near Enthaar though in the Slipper

Just saying!

• Like 4
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes pam and i go back a long way  when we owned the lake ferry hotel she used to pop down and help me when we got so busy, they had a batch a few houses up from the pub then they did a silly thing and

Ferdies , if my spot is still available.

Might have to reassess the competition, as the Blues appear a spent force, too many lattes for Pete, at overpriced eating establishments, admittedly in West Auckland. Howie's past his best, even

Posted Images

Sounds good Peter.  We have a team message thread so I will ask my team to copy their picks onto there at the same time they post them, so I can be prepared for scratchings, non-posters, ......   

and apologies - I loved Remarque's trials and win yesterday but I've been a member of the Enthaar fan-club since Ian put me on to her after the trial leading up to the Gimcrack. 

• Like 2

Enthaar will be a deserved favourite for sure. I think Shaquero will be Slipper-bound also although MM & GS in one year is a massive ask. We will be happy to just have Remarque line-up with a chance. Profiteer looks a very smart type also while Akihiro a possible dark horse

11 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Of course the one person who can see opponents picks is me but I never look at what my opponent has anyway. Anyone who has played me and noticed that on occasions we both have the same selections for a race which they have BBd and I haven't will know this. I won't be accessing the selection sub-forum until I have made my picks.

Actually PJ as site admin i can also see picks. I NEVER look at opponents picks either so not an issue. If anyone feels really strongly I'll disqualify myself from the comp.

• Like 1
Just now, pete said:

Actually PJ as site admin i can also see picks. I NEVER look at opponents picks either so not an issue. If anyone feels really strongly I'll disqualify myself from the comp.

No need for that I'm sure. Howie will be getting the jitters.....

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Pete has it sorted. There will be a sub-forum created for Super Comp picks. People can view their own posts but no one else's. Only I can see all posts. 10 minutes before closing I will advise Captains if they have any non-posters. They can submit picks for any absentees then which will be used if the absentee(s) don't show in that final 10 minutes before closing. Once the comp is closed I will open up the forum for all to view everyone's selections. This will be 10 minutes before the first race. Post early to save me and the Captains extra work please.

I've got to do the same for the harness comp so will run through some testing tomorrow and advise exact steps to achieve what we want. Should be relatively simple as changing one setting on the relevant forum.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Max might need therapy seeing he didn't draw Baby 😁

MEDIA RELEASE FROM MUSTELID PR

Concern over the wellbeing (or not) of Captain Max of the Kauri Kats going into Round 1 has prompted the release of a photo from Mustelid PR to allay any further worries or outbursts of premature grief.

Mustelid Maximus says he is "absolutely fine and in the very good hands" of his two favourite medical professionals, massage therapist Nurse Gladys Emmanuel (left) and her trusty unnamed assistant.

"A few more days of this and I'll be raring to go in the Super Duper Comp," said the Mustelid. "As long as I get enough sleep."

drs.jpg

On 1/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, PWJ said:

CHIEFS AND CRUSADERS - WE NEED CAPTAINS TO STEP FORWARD PLEASE

CHIEFS: Ian, Gee, Jack, Punter Pete, Stevie N 

CRUSADERS: Rob, Tom, Rex, Robert, Wrinkles

Hi PJ Was hoping to avoid captaincy but if no-one else is available I will do it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Hi PJ Was hoping to avoid captaincy but if no-one else is available I will do it.

Looks like the very keen Rob has spared you, Rex. Thanks Rob

• Like 1