The Race Place

Expression of interest for Harness Comp.

Harness Comp to start 22nd of Jan to run until 12 Feb covering all eighteen meetings. 

Format as follows.

1  Players  This is an individual comp

2  Schedule  Played over 18 meetings in a row.

Day 1 -- Jan22  Auckland and Addington

Last Day--- Feb 12  Auckland and Addington

3  Selections   Select one horse per race on programme. No subs to be posted.

One Best Bet per meeting. All dollars earned on that BB will be doubled.

Note. You will not be able to see anyone else's picks just your own.  Yep you heard it here first, on your own guys.

4  Investments    Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $1 each way ,YES only $1 dollar.  You will have to scrap for your points .

5  Scoring       Each day the top 10 dollars earnt  will be awarded points as follows. Only 17 competitors so far so have added 1 more point for winner

11,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.  Outside that no points scored.  

6   Conclusion of comp.   At the end of the comp after a winner has been found for the comp proper,  ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WON AN INDIVIDUAL TOP POINT TALLY FOR A MEETING WILL GO INTO A CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS SHOOTOUT ON ONE MEETING. ADDINGTON 19TH FEB .

NOTE;  REX AND I ARE RUNNINGTHIS TOGETHER. HE ISNT WELL AND I STILL WORK SO SOMEDAYS YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT IN WAITING FOR RESULTS TO BE POSTED.

THIS ISNT A PJ COMP BLOW BY BLOW RACE RESULT AND COMMENTARY. , GOD BLESS HIM. But we will endeavour to be diligent in our efforts  and welcome corrections if found.

PLEASE .   NO WHINGERS.

I HOPE THOSE INTERESTED WILL TAKE PART AND MAKE IT A FUN COMP.

REES

PS  Further rules regarding Scratching's and times to Post , including tied scores (although following PJ,s format) will be posted at first meeting selection post.

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Harness Comp to start 22nd of Jan to run until 12 Feb covering all eighteen meetings. 

Format as follows.

1  Players  This is an individual comp

2  Schedule  Played over 18 meetings in a row.

Day 1 -- Jan22  Auckland and Addington

Last Day--- Feb 12  Auckland and Addington

3  Selections   Select one horse per race on programme. No subs to be posted.

One Best Bet per meeting. All dollars earned on that BB will be doubled.

Note. You will not be able to see anyone else's picks just your own.  Yep you heard it here first, on your own guys.

4  Investments    Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $1 each way ,YES only $1 dollar.  You will have to scrap for your points .

5  Scoring       Each day the top 20 dollars earnt  will be awarded points as follows

20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.  Outside that no points scored. 

6   Conclusion of comp.   At the end of the comp after a winner has been found for the comp proper,  ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WON AN INDIVIDUAL TOP POINT TALLY FOR A MEETING WILL GO INTO A CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS SHOOTOUT ON ONE MEETING. ADDINGTON 19TH FEB .

NOTE;  REX AND I ARE RUNNINGTHIS TOGETHER. HE ISNT WELL AND I STILL WORK SO SOMEDAYS YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT IN WAITING FOR RESULTS TO BE POSTED.

THIS ISNT A PJ COMP BLOW BY BLOW RACE RESULT AND COMMENTARY. , GOD BLESS HIM. But we will endeavour to be diligent in our efforts  and welcome corrections if found.

PLEASE .   NO WHINGERS.

I HOPE THOSE INTERESTED WILL TAKE PART AND MAKE IT A FUN COMP.

REES

PS  Further rules regarding Scratching's and times to Post , including tied scores (although following PJ,s format) will be posted at first meeting selection post.

You can't exclude Pete, he part owns the shebang

In by the way

• Like 1
  • pete pinned this topic

Hey Rees...happy new year mate. Been ages but I’ll have a go. Used to enjoy Bruce’s comp way back(where did he go??)

Mate you can stick your plumbing....finally got around to doing a new bathroom. Looks good but a few dramas😩along the way(and breaks for golf). Santa gave me a nice new set of tools(Milwaukee😬)as a thank you.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Where have you been hiding my good mate.  No worrys. Happy New year bud.

I have been up in Auckland for the last two months Rees, getting N.Z ready to defend the America's Cup!!! "Run to the back of the tote now". The handbrake has not been let off yet, so plenty of "knots" up the sleeve.

Wishing everyone good selecting, and thanks Rees for putting it on.

These competitions are appreciated by many people who are confined to their homes, and it gives them interest, and structure to their days and nights.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Double R said:

I have been up in Auckland for the last two months Rees, getting N.Z ready to defend the America's Cup!!! "Run to the back of the tote now". The handbrake has not been let off yet, so plenty of "knots" up the sleeve.

Wishing everyone good selecting, and thanks Rees for putting it on.

These competitions are appreciated by many people who are confined to their homes, and it gives them interest, and structure to their days and nights.

Cheers.

Robert.

Whoops, I shouldn't have left Auckland as Team N.Z. sank today. Keep the handbrake on!!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Do all participants in these competitions receive a prize?😂

Yep. A triers prize . A handshake. Welcome aboard Happy, was hoping you would turn up and the same for Rusty. 

Shaping up to be very competitive with some good knowledge shared across quite a few competitors..

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

There is just over $300 in the prize pool kitty, so will allocate $200 to be used how you see fit.

Even after donating my own money to an earlier comp (which was gratefully declined) I would rather not engage in any monetary reward for this Hesi. I have thought about a simple Trophy for the winner and one for the Champion of Champions winner. Some little memento to show the grandchildren and appease the ego. Will price them up, have a mate that runs a sign shop here in Masterton. Thanks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If Rusty is in, I am in too.

Well there goes any chance I had of winning this comp! 

All I need now is our mate "Dougie" (from across the road) to enter, and best I could do, on a very good day, would be 3rd! 

Just joking. But not really. 

Should be a bit of fun. Good luck everyone. I know I'll need it.