The Race Place

The Infinite Jukebox

pete

Don Henley - Boys of Summer

I remember driving along the Pacific Coast Highway through Malibu playing this rather loud with all the windows down on a brilliant, hot California Day back in about '89.....all kinda felt perfect....ahhhh the memories

Ahhhh The Go-Gos - Our Lips Are Sealed

They may have looked like a mildly sexy bunch of cutie pop singer girls but don't be fooled. I read an autobiographical account once of their Go-Go Days and it read like a debauched fable of wild sex, booze and drugs so outrageous it would have put many heavy metal bands in their shadow. Party, party all the time...

Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

First saw them at Mainstreet, Auckland in 1981. In fact spent some time backstage chatting to Jim Kerr. I was 20 and he was 21 but he looked about 15 ! Saw them again in Sydney in 2017. Just as good 26 years later !

• Like 1

You Got Nothing I Want  -  Cold Chisel

Saw Cold Chisel live at the Wellington Town Hall in early 1982 with INXS and Michael Hutchence as their support act.. amazing was right at the front - couldn't hear much for the next few days but it was worth it in hindsight 🙂 

• Like 1