pete

GRAND FINAL - Sat Aug 10

Race 7 - Rosehill R5

1st - 2 Dawn Passage W-$4.00

2nd - 4 Let It Pour Q-$69.20

Scr: nil

3 KOOL KATS (3rd) 419.00 

2 BETTY'S BEAUTS (4th) 437.00
Betty, Maureen and Isaac on the Waterhouse/Bott winner as are Kats Graeme and Sharne. Graeme bags a BB to reel in Claire and put the Kool Kats back in front.

121.00 Graeme

84.60 Claire

115.00 Sharne 

65.80 Isaac

123.00 Maximus

102.00 Maureen

47.00 Rob

97.60 Damion

13.00 Jen 

87.00 Betty

In the next (based on current divvies):

Drachenfels or Fortensky put the Beauts back ahead 3-2

Valentino Rossa extends the Kats lead to 4-1

Sweet Deal has many permutations - it will put Isaac ahead of Sharne at $5.00 or better while at $5.10 or better it will put Rob ahead of Damion. No matter what the price Maureen will pass Maximus. I see some finalists taking to the punt.....

GRAND FINAL - Sat Aug 10

Race 8 - Rosehill R6

1st - 7 Sweet Deal W-$3.50

2nd - 4 Fortensky Q-$9.20

Scr: nil

2 KOOL KATS (3rd) 560.80 

3 BETTY'S BEAUTS (4th) 578.80
Close match sees Rob and Graeme snag quinellas for The Kool Kats for whom Sharne also scored but The Beauts reply through a beaut BB quinella from Isaac while Maureen also goes back-to-back. Rob has nailed Damion but Maureen has claimed Captain Maximus and Isaac whips past Sharne to put Betty's Beauts back ahead with two to go. Three matches feature leads of less than $23 so this could go either way in the big one.

174.40 Graeme

84.60 Claire

150.00 Sharne 

172.60 Isaac

123.00 Maximus

137.00 Maureen

100.40 Rob

97.60 Damion

13.00 Jen 

87.00 Betty

In the next based on current divvies:

Desert Path will swing the match 4-1 in favour of the Kats (Maximus & Jen)

Hogmanay (Maximus), Spooky Wooky (Jen) or Matowi (Sharne) or will put the Kats back in front 3-2

Nahuel (Claire) will put the Beauts 4-1 up if it pays $9.00 or more or Gayatri completes the quinella.

Ulusaba (Damion) will put the Beauts 4-1 up

Gayatri will give the Beauts a 5-zip lead and almost certain victory

GRAND FINAL - Sat Aug 10

Race 9 - Rosehill R7

1st - 4 Hogmanay W-$20.70

2nd - 9 Matowi Q-$70.10

Scr: 8,10

3 KOOL KATS (3rd) 767.80 

2 BETTY'S BEAUTS (4th) 578.80
Christmas comes early for the Kool Kats as Betty's Beauts all miss and Captain Maximus bags the Waller winner to move ahead of Maureen and put the Kool Kats back in front with one to go ! Has he cracked open the MOET yet ??

174.40 Graeme

84.60 Claire

150.00 Sharne 

172.60 Isaac

330.00 Maximus

137.00 Maureen

100.40 Rob

97.60 Damion

13.00 Jen 

87.00 Betty

To win:

Betty's Beauts need-

Stella Sea Sun to win for Damion - however it can't pay $7.40 or more (or Dawn Dawn complete the quinella) as that will enable Jen to get up and beat Betty cancelling out Damion's win.

Deity to win for Maureen (BB) with So Taken completing the quinella may make up the $193 deficit by which she trails Maximus if it pays enough. Currently this outcome would yield $193.20 !!

CONGRATS To 2019 WINTER SUPER COMP CHAMPIONS - THE KOOL KATS !

GRAND FINAL - Sat Aug 10

Race 10 - Rosehill R8

1st - 3 Prime Candidate W-$5.30

2nd - 9 Dawn Dawn Q-$20.60

Scr: 6

Sub: #1

4 KOOL KATS (3rd) 873.80 

1 BETTY'S BEAUTS (4th) 578.80

In the last Betty's Beauts' only hope was for Deity to beat So Taken and although the latter ran 3rd the former never fired so the Kool Kats ran out Champion taking their margin to 4-1 with Sharne bagging a BB on the Baker bolter overhauling Isaac as Betty's crowd all missed again. Captain Maximus took Man of the Match honours while Isaac was MVP for the beaten brigade. Thanks to everyone for playing. Don't forget the Spring Comp entries are being taken for that competition to start in 7 days.

174.40 Graeme

84.60 Claire

256.00 Sharne 

172.60 Isaac

330.00 Maximus

137.00 Maureen

100.40 Rob

97.60 Damion

13.00 Jen 

87.00 Betty

• Like 1

STATS 

Best Scores
330.00 Maximus
256.00 Sharne

Worst Scores 

84.60 Claire
13.00 Jen

Most Wins
6 Sharne

Most Quinellas
2 Isaac

Biggest Winning Margin
330.00 Maximus
137.00 Maureen

Narrowest Winning Margin
100.40 Rob

97.60 Damion

Highest Losing Score
172.60 Isaac

Lowest Winning Score
87.00 Betty

Congratulations Kool Kats, well played, and commiserations to Betty and her Beauts.

A captain's knock Maxi, proving there is indeed substance behind the rhetoric, I'm impressed, but then I was before if you recall.

Thanks, for another great comp Peter, to all those that took the time to contribute and John who filled in scoring last week.

Spring is always the best time in racing with the hope of what new horses will take the industry by storm, so looking forward, as are many to the next comp

Cheers

• Like 2

Tremendous match to finish  a very even comp. Thanks and commiserations to Betty and her Beauts who went very close in a titanic struggle. Thanks to my teammates the Koolest of Kats, excellent tipsters throughout a tough winter. And thanks again PJ (and John in the semifinal) for all your work. Pop goes the Moet!

MM

Edited by Maximus

"Drunk stoat in the middle of the road, singing to high heaven"

Reminds me of Cousin Boris ...alas, he let the drink get to him and perished one foggy winter's night ...very messy. RIP Boris.

Our head-to-head in the Spring comp will now have some extra spice, Ashoka. My cunning plan is to render useless that nasty, scary-sounding contraption whose name I can hardly pronounce! Looking forward to that day!

•  
  •  
Edited by Maximus

On 8/11/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ashoka said:

Congratulations to "The Kool Kats" on winning this most enjoyable and brilliantly-run competition.

Maximus, their Captain Weasel, certainly does have ideas above his assumed station...and justifiably so!

I will say, though, that there will be a "next time"...and the latest model of my Stationary Jet-engine Weasel Locator/Catcher/Ermine Jacket Producer is nearing completion...

Ashoka

"Drunk stoat in the middle of the road, singing to high heaven"

Mustelid on a bad day .jpg

THE FINAL MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

• 2556.60 Graeme (Kool Kats)
  • 2546.80 Sharne^ (Kool Kats)
  • 2401.20 Maximus (Kool Kats)
  • 2369.00 Maurice^ (Dream Weavers)
  • 2342.40 Maureen (Betty's Beauts)
  • 2278.80 Roland^ (Dream Weavers)
  • 2211.80 Gee^ (Lost Marbles)
  • 8 matches only

Graeme, as the top scorer in the comp please PM me your mailing address and I will send you an Arrowfield cap