The Race Place

National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

13 hours ago, PWJ said:

This looks like a Joker double header if ever there was one.....

mebbe, mebbe not ...as the Blues have demonstrated, it ain't all that hard to go from last to first quickly in this fine Comp (unless you've already played yer Joker to no great effect)

Edited by Maximus

What a day of PWJ Tipping Competition  Racing !

Baby , Congratulations on your outstanding and  stunning Heartfelt Tipping Competition win. You're a SuperStar Tipster this week. May your PWJ Tipping Competition win be the beginning of tomorrow's  achievements.  Well done young lady.

It is always good to see Females succeed in all the Aspects of Thoroughbred Racing. They have so much to offer The Thoroughbred Racing Industry accomplishing great things.

Best wishes to you and your fellow Team Steelers Members on your next PWJ Tipping Competition Match Up.

Myself , I just had one of those bad , bad  Tipping Days both in The Race Place and Racecafe Tipping Competitions. 
I was told a long time ago to be Strong when you feel weak , be Brave when you are Scared and be Humble when you are Victorious. 

Baby , to you and all fellow PWJ Tipster participates. I wish you continued good luck.

Please stay Happy , Healthy and most importantly Safe during these Covid Virus times.

I'm off to peel some fresh Prawns for my Family to enjoy while we watch the America'sCup this afternoon from Auckland.

God Bless you all.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Say No More said:

On to next week against our favourite foes - the table topping Blues.  Joker time for the Blues,😊 Howie!??  

hehe 😃....... John ......... to paraphrase the legendary Muhammad Ali from back in 1974 .....
two chances of the Blues playing it's Joker ...... (i) slim ; (ii) none  😁 .
if your money's on 'none' ....... then you'll be pretty close to the mark.
we didn't come this far just to risk blowing our joker in an act of bravado against the 2nd-placed team and regular nemesis the Hurricanes .... when the following week we can play our Joker and wrap this whole thing up ...slam ...... dunk ! 😁

5 hours ago, Maximus said:

mebbe, mebbe not ...as the Blues have demonstrated, it ain't all that hard to go from last to first quickly in this fine Comp (unless you've already played yer Joker to no great effect)

oh I don't know, maxi .... the Blues did it ...but then they've got a super-talented roster that roared into gear when called upon .....like Aegon yesterday.

you kats got one of those super-talented rosters  ???
just asking the question. 😃

13 minutes ago, TooFast said:

oh I don't know, maxi .... the Blues did it ...but then they've got a super-talented roster that roared into gear when called upon .....like Aegon yesterday.

you kats got one of those super-talented rosters  ???
just asking the question. 😃

reckon so, bro ...

2 BLUES (7th)

$824.40

1 point

3 KAURI KATS (6th)

$773.40

2 points

Edited by Maximus

1 minute ago, Maximus said:

reckon so, bro ...

2 BLUES (7th)

$824.40

1 point

3 KAURI KATS (6th)

$773.40

2 points

bet you wish those heady days would return, maxi ! 😀

trained off, maybe ?? 

just as in life .... racing comps are all about the timing. some make their runs early ...and are never heard from again. 😄

and some  - written off by the pundits - make a well-timed run from the rear, a la Kiwi (1983). I note your mighty Blues have the fearsome Canes to deal with this week...tough opponent...your chances of 3, 4 or 5 Comp pts very small Cellar-dwelling KKS could easily play the Joker vs 7th-placed Crusaders, down-trou 'em (sorry, Rob me old mate!) with a Joker and cop 8pts or more ... the Mustelid mind boggles!

Translation #1: It ain't over til it's over, Howie.

Translation #2: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, Howie.

MM

😧

Edited by Maximus

23 minutes ago, Maximus said:

and some  - written off by the pundits - make a well-timed run from the rear, a la Kiwi (1983). I note your mighty Blues have the fearsome Canes to deal with this week...tough opponent...your chances of 3, 4 or 5 Comp pts very small Cellar-dwelling KKS could easily play the Joker vs 7th-placed Crusaders, down-trou 'em (sorry, Rob me old mate!) with a Joker and cop 8pts or more ... the Mustelid mind boggles!

Translation #1: It ain't over til it's over, Howie.

Translation #2: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, Howie.

MM

😧

Mission Reaction GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Firstly.. why he makes such a great bloke 🙂 .. and …  why he’s so good at selecting harness-es ..  why he likes relaxing after a hard day with a glass of wine.. his choice in music ..   his penchant for men in kilts ..  his liking for mini holidays …  and the fact that he only wants everyone to be happy ..  🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Firstly.. why he makes such a great bloke 🙂 .. and …  why he’s so good at selecting harness-es ..  why he likes relaxing after a hard day with a glass of wine.. his choice in music ..   his penchant for men in kilts ..  his liking for mini holidays …  and the fact that he only wants everyone to be happy ..  🙂 

the only time Mrs W gets excited about racing is when Max mentions the words 'harness' 'whips' or 'spurs'. If they are mentioned in the same sentence she faints dead away.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1