The Race Place

National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

54 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Firstly.. why he makes such a great bloke 🙂 .. and …  why he’s so good at selecting harness-es ..  why he likes relaxing after a hard day with a glass of wine.. his choice in music ..   his penchant for men in kilts ..  his liking for mini holidays …  and the fact that he only wants everyone to be happy ..  🙂 

No comment.

Jack Nicholson Thank You GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

What, hard day?. sitting in front of a computer. He can follow me the next time I crawl under or over a building. :classic_smile:.

Just kidding. And YOU won the Trot comp, remember Germaine.

Who are you? Clark Kent or someone?

And don't even think of calling me Lois. It's been done to death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Maximus said:

the only time Mrs W gets excited about racing is when Max mentions the words 'harness' 'whips' or 'spurs'. If they are mentioned in the same sentence she faints dead away.

MM

Max, I tried to find some BDSM pics to complete the picture but they were all too rude. So here's one anyway for an attack of Mustelid madness

Man's Life - 1956 09 Sept, Cover by Wil Hulsey.-8x6.jpg

1 minute ago, PWJ said:

Max, I tried to find some BDSM pics to complete the picture but they were all too rude. So here's one anyway for an attack of Mustelid madness

Man's Life - 1956 09 Sept, Cover by Wil Hulsey.-8x6.jpg

I hope that's not young Wrinkles on Saturday dealing with the Mustelid threat ?

3 hours ago, PWJ said:

yeh it is, mate... the poor poor Wrinkly One overwhelmed by a rabid stream of weasely winning wuffies...
tis the law of the jungle but you can send flowers to Wrinkles Loved Ones, c/o Rob 'n The Crusaders, Somewhere in Christchurch

MM

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Jeez. It was the reference to Germaine and cagreer.

Too clever for you Reesy boy.

Yes I know Pete, not as dumb as you think, or as dumb as I look!, well one of those anyway. 

Actually, Germaine has completely reversed her original views on feminism. Looks like Maria wants you to do the same eh Lois.

• Like 1

Just now, Globederby19 said:

Yes I know Pete, not as dumb as you think, or as dumb as I look!, well one of those anyway. 

Actually, Germaine has completely reversed her original views on feminism. Looks like Maria wants you to do the same eh Lois.

Never thought you were dumb mate.

And my friends call me Penny.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Rees.. I don't give a fig about Germaine and whatever she thinks -  it was all just a play on words with career and ca Greer, and there was no alcohol harmed or consumed in the making of that play  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Rees.. I don't give a fig about Germaine and whatever she thinks -  it was all just a play on words with career and ca Greer, and there was no alcohol harmed or consumed in the making of that play  🙂

These comments from The Show That Dances particularly germane to the conversation

MM

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

The show that dances 🤣  I feel like a wannabe Kevin Costner without the wolves 🙂 ...   I have had such a crazy week and it just keeps getting better 🙂  and it's my birthday on Saturday!! 🙂  🍾🐮🥂🙃🙌🎈🎂   Roll on the weekend 🙂 

Ah another Pisces. Mine's next Friday.

Zodiac Sign Mermaid GIF by Hope

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pete said:

Ah another Pisces. Mine's next Friday.

Another one here. Mines on the 9th. Its that hot here today Im starting to smell like one. 

Now to rain on your party. If one takes a visit to our own Stonehenge on the hills overlooking the lovely Wairarapa and take the tour around the inside ,you will find that the so called planetary alignment and star signs are a load of bollocks. 

Apart from the stone arrangements and how the night sky revolves around  different windows to give the different solstices, he has marked out in stone on the ground the large elongated figure eight that the sun follows through its trajectory. Pisces is actually not in March at all. It is well worth the visit as it is a fascinating place. 

It is laid out exactly as the original Stonehenge was, and the acoustics inside are phenomenal. They have small orchestras and other musical arrangements eg(chamber music) and sometimes more progressive pop music, that play there. 

Just a bit of Trivia.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, PWJ said:

Some very basic work by Mustelid Research demonstrates the pesky magazine publishers like Man's Life were really just copycats, riding on the fur-tails of celebrity Mustelids such as wotsisname. See attached. Autographs available on request.

Max's Life mag cover.jpg

Round 6 - Saturday Feb 27

Race 1 - Matamata R4

1st - 2 Sword of State W-$3.00 

1st - 1 On The Bubbles Q- $1.80  

Scr: nil

0 HURRICANES (2nd) 107.20

2 BLUES (1st) 170.80

Virgil (with a BB quinella) and Porky get the 'Canes underway but all the Blues bar Pete reply with Howie and Geoff adding the Te Akau quinella with Geoff doubling up with a BB as the Auckland boys take a handy lead.

0.00 The Crucible 

33.60 Howie

0.00 John

30.00 Roland

67.20 Virgil 

67.20 Geoff

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Pete

30.00 Porky 

30.00 Gordy

2 CHIEFS* (5th) 67.20

1 STEELERS (3rd) 33.60

Richie gets the Steelers off the mark with the local quinella but this is also struck by Chiefs Jack and Stevie handing the Joker Players the early advantage.

33.60 Jack 

0.00 Baby

0.00 Gee

33.60 Richie

0.00 Punter Pete 

0.00 Von Smallhausen

33.60 Stevie N

0.00 Rees

0.00 Ian

0.00 Craig

0 FERDIES* (6th) 130.80

2 TURBOS (4th) 201.60

The dominant Snitzel tipped by all but Steve and Ferdies pair Heather and Zac with Maurice, Blind Squirrel & Gary adding the quinella while opponents Ray and PJ plus Ziggy snagged a BB quinella. Personal leads for Gary and Ziggy give the Manawatu the early edge over the Joker-playing 'Naki side.

67.20 PJ 

67.20 Ray

33.60 Maurice 

33.60 Blind Squirrel

30.00 Maria 

33.60 Gary

0.00 Heather

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Zac

67.20 Ziggy

1 KAURI KATS* (8th) 67.20

1 CRUSADERS (7th) 67.20

Disarray for the 'Saders as Rex is a no-show with no replacement picks ! Opponents Sharne and Tom snag the quinella as do Pam and Robert so all square after one.

0.00 Jen 

33.60 Robert

33.60 Sharne

33.60 Tom

0.00 Graeme

0.00 Rob

33.60 Pam

0.00 Rex

0.00 Max 

0.00 Wrinkles

* Joker play