National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win-

The Turbos need:

Montefilia to win for Ray and Blind Squirrel 

OR

Away Game to win for Steve

OR

Dame Giselle to win for Blind Squirrel and Ray - must pay $5.90+ or Montefilia to complete the Q for a 3-2 win and pay $6.20+ for a 4-1 win 

The Chiefs need:

a Montefilia-Away Game quinella in that order and for the win divvy to be less than $7.30

OR

Miravalle to win for Gee

The Blues need:

La Mexicana to win for Pete

OR

Miravalle to win for Roland

The Crusaders need:

Never Talk to win for Tom and Rob

OR

La Mexicana to win for Tom and Rex

Blimey, another great PJ Comp down to the wire where faves can carry the day for the oppo in the last  ..   and crazy stuff where you're yelling for horses that aren't even your selections 🙂 

Amazing day Turbos!   such fun, close match all day.

Gary.. I hope you are still Muttermutter carpark partying celebrating the bonny girl 🙂 you were too good for me today 🙂 

Edited by Dancing Show
Missing word added.. like some winning selections should have been.. before cut off :)
  • Like 2

Congrats Ferdies - Turbos go down in another tooth and nail struggle.

We just can't seem to get over the line - need to ask Verry Elleegant her secrets.

Well played Maurice - we had very similar picks but your BB got me at just the wrong time and I took Kolding again after swearing last time I'd never pick it as it's a gunna!

Great Effort Zig and Gazz from my team - and well played Jen with Lunar Fox - that was some pick!!!!

Until next week - Squirrel out

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Excellent PJ.. so what you're saying, if we want to win .. is that neither of my selections Montefilia or Dame Giselle BB can come in  🤣   ...  I think I will open the birthday bubbly early, take one for the team... and just hope I run second 🙂

there's no joy in running second, birfday girl... but i hope you got the result you wanted

MM

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Aww thank you Max...  it's a funny thing.. even when you win in this comp there is a feeling of not so wonderfulness because someone(s) that you enjoy bantering with has lost 🙂    

TAKE NO PRISONERS GIRL .. but send them a slice of your birfday cake..think I'll watch Dancing With Wolves (again) tonite

Dancing Show.jpg

• Like 1

Round 6 - Saturday Feb 27

Race 10 - Randwick R7

1st - 6 Forbidden Love W-$8.60 

1st - 8 Vangelic Q-$126.80  

Scr: 17

3 HURRICANES (2nd)

$1029.60

2 points

2 BLUES (1st)

$814.40

0 points

La Mexicana and Miravalle were never factors so the Hurricanes held on in the last where no one found the first 3 home. Gordy was the Auks' MVP while Virgil, who did all his scoring in NZ was Man of the Match. No bonus points were earned.

200.40 The Crucible 

248.80 Howie

232.00 John

42.00 Roland

341.60 Virgil 

221.00 Geoff

117.20 Hesi

28.40 Pete

128.40 Porky 

264.20 Gordy

2 CHIEFS* (5th)

$512.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

3 STEELERS (3rd)

$1228.60

2 points

The Chiefs weren't able to pull it back in the last, where everyone missed, so wasted their Joker play. Jack was the Waikato MVP while Rees was Man of the Match by a mile. No bonus points were earned.

215.00 Jack 

142.20 Baby

0.00 Gee

254.00 Richie

37.40 Punter Pete 

114.40 Von Smallhausen

113.60 Stevie N

684.00 Rees

146.00 Ian

34.00 Craig

3 FERDIES* (6th)

$773.00

2 (x 2 Joker play) = 4 points

2 TURBOS (4th)

$858.20

1 point

The Turbos had a few chances to turn it around in the last by none materialised although Ziggy managed to label the winner and take the Manawatu aggregate past that of the winning Ferdies for a bonus point. The Ferdies doubled their points tally with a brave Joker play. Ziggy's last race collect earned him Man of the Match honours while PJ was the 'Naki MVP.

221.00 PJ 

162.20 Ray

195.00 Maurice 

134.00 Blind Squirrel

84.00 Maria 

202.00 Gary

164.40 Heather

125.00 Steve P

108.60 Zac

235.00 Ziggy

5 KAURI KATS* (8th)

$2333.60

5 (x 2 Joker play) = 10 points

0 CRUSADERS (7th)

$600.40

0 points

Never Talk's 4th was the closest the Crusaders got to turning it around in the last as Pam and Max bagged BBs with Max overtaking Wrinkles to hand the Kauri Kats a perfect 10 point result thanks to their Joker play. Jen was of course a magnificent Match Star with a massive total while Robert - who tipped 5 quinellas - was Canterbury MVP.

1429.00 Jen 

189.60 Robert

178.40 Sharne

159.00 Tom

114.40 Graeme

12.00 Rob

286.40 Pam

79.40 Rex

315.40 Max 

160.40 Wrinkles

* Joker play

TABLE AFTER ROUND 6

1st 16 point KAURI KATS* $7181.80

2nd 11 points HURRICANES* $7054.40

3rd 11 points STEELERS* $6569.80

4th 11 points BLUES $6394.40

5th 11 points FERDIES* $5691.80 

6th 9 points TURBOS $6496.00

7th 8 points CHIEFS* $5674.40

8th 6 points CRUSADERS $5508.60

Defeat today for table leaders - The Blues - saw them drop to 4th as The Kauri Kats' big win took them from last to a clear first with a 5 point cushion going into the final round. The Hurricanes won but remain 2nd likewise the winning Steelers held station in 3rd. The Ferdies Joker-fuelled win elevated them a spot to 5th but they are level on points with the 3 teams above them. Defeat for the Turbos cost them two places but they have a Joker up their sleeves while The Chiefs unsuccessful Joker play lost them two slots. The Crusaders dropped a place into the cellar in defeat although they can still win the comp mathematically.

• Like 1

STATS

Best Scores
1429.00 Jen
684.00 Rees
341.60 Virgil
315.40 Max
286.40 Pam

Worst Scores 

37.40 Punter Pete

34.00 Craig

28.40 Pete

12.00 Rob

0.00 Gee

Most Wins

6 Geoff

6 Maurice

6 Howie

6 PJ

6 Gary

6 Jack

6 Richie

6 Sharne

6 Tom

Most Quinellas
5 Robert

4 Howie

3 Baby

3 Rees

3 Ian

Biggest Winning Margin
1429.00 Jen
189.60 Robert

Narrowest Winning Margin
178.40 Sharne

159.00 Tom

Highest Losing Score
221.00 Geoff

Lowest Winning Score
114.40 Von Smallhausen

114.40 Graeme

• Thanks 1

Never been in a PJ Comp (12 yrs +) where the teams are so closely-matched in an 8-team comp that the team coming last  can be catapaulted to the front in the blink of an eye ...... twice ! 
A truly amazing comp !
Many congrats to the victorious Hurricanes in another close Hurricanes v Blues encounter.
Well done John & team .... too good today as you have been many times in the past. 
We never recovered from the early 'Hasabro' upset that set the Hurricanes up with 2 clear-margin leads that were always going to be very hard to overhaul. Good work though my guys for staying in the fight from that point onwards.
Well ..... we're one of the few teams with a Joker at its disposal into the crucial final round.
We're gonna make full use of that Joker to swoop imperiously over the top of the Kauri Kats for thoroughly deserved Championship glory this coming Saturday.
Are you with me, Geoff, Roland, Pete, Gordy ? 
Of course you are ! 😃
We'll bring this thing home. 
Many thanks for another great day of entertainment, PJ. Superb.

• Like 3

ROUND 7 Draw (FINAL)

Meetings will be Ellerslie, Flemington & Randwick

BLUES* (4th) vs STEELERS (3rd)

Pete v Von Smallhausen

Gordy v Rees

Howie v Richie

Roland v Craig

Geoff v Baby

KAURI KATS (1st) vs CHIEFS (7th)

Graeme v Ian

Pam v Jack

Sharne v Gee

Max v Stevie N

Jen v Punter Pete

HURRICANES (2nd) vs TURBOS* (6th)

Porky v Blind Squirrel

Virgil v Ray

Hesi v Steve P

John v Ziggy

The Crucible v Gary

FERDIES (5th) vs CRUSADERS* (8th)

Maurice v Robert

PJ v Rex

Maria v Wrinkles

Zac v Tom

Heather v Rob

5 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Surely that would be an all time winning bet at  $139 in PJ,s comps. I can remember bigger overall scores but not one individual winner at those odds.  

very disappointing that the  'Old Tom' Graeme, aka Brown Fox, aka The Foxy One, failed to include Lunar Fox in his selections. He will be severely reprimanded, mostly by restrictions on his Moet consumption tonite at the KKs Katchusifucan Party, with Jen the deserved Guest of Honour.

Holy hell is that you Pam on the table top? Someone take a photo of that lovely gal!  

MM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Never been in a PJ Comp (12 yrs +) where the teams are so closely-matched in an 8-team comp that the team coming last  can be catapaulted to the front in the blink of an eye ...... twice ! 
A truly amazing comp !
Many congrats to the victorious Hurricanes in another close Hurricanes v Blues encounter.
Well done John & team .... too good today as you have been many times in the past. 
We never recovered from the early 'Hasabro' upset that set the Hurricanes up with 2 clear-margin leads that were always going to be very hard to overhaul. Good work though my guys for staying in the fight from that point onwards.
Well ..... we're one of the few teams with a Joker at its disposal into the crucial final round.
We're gonna make full use of that Joker to swoop imperiously over the top of the Kauri Kats for thoroughly deserved Championship glory this coming Saturday.
Are you with me, Geoff, Roland, Pete, Gordy ? 
Of course you are ! 😃
We'll bring this thing home. 
Many thanks for another great day of entertainment, PJ. Superb.

Interesting meeting coming up Howie. Gee we were stiff not getting that xtra 100 bucks for a bonus point. Will be tough going overhauling the Kats now, but we will be focused on keeping your Joker play null and void.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Surely that would be an all time winning bet at  $139 in PJ,s comps. I can remember bigger overall scores but not one individual winner at those odds.  

True Rees.. that is mammoth 🙂   maybe in dollar value equiv to Simon De Montfort but I don't believe anyone was running comps then..  my Nana had SDM at Trentham, and celebrated in the birdcage lounge ..  and drank a scotch and had a lazy cig to celebrate.... but this selection from Jen deserves all credit in the PJ Comp Hall of Fame  🙂

1 minute ago, Dancing Show said:

True Rees.. that is mammoth 🙂   maybe in dollar value equiv to Simon De Montfort but I don't believe anyone was running comps then..  my Nana had SDM at Trentham, and celebrated in the birdcage lounge ..  and drank a scotch and had a lazy cig to celebrate.... but this selection from Jen deserves all credit in the PJ Comp Hall of Fame  🙂

Funnily enough I was on track the day SDM won, $110 bucks I think. Before Harness took over and Trentham was enjoyable.