The Race Place

National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

5 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

True Rees.. that is mammoth 🙂   maybe in dollar value equiv to Simon De Montfort but I don't believe anyone was running comps then..  my Nana had SDM at Trentham, and celebrated in the birdcage lounge ..  and drank a scotch and had a lazy cig to celebrate.... but this selection from Jen deserves all credit in the PJ Comp Hall of Fame  🙂

agree entirely ...and (sad to say) Max also saw SDM win that Cup ..from his high-chair of course

MM

• Haha 1

Love seeing this for Ardie Savea in the Super Comps (for those watching Super Comp matches on Sky 🙂 )   

The Hurricanes are amazing in Wellington.. they turn up at School Galas, school events, local rallies... my hat goes off to them.   I know I live in the Waikato now..  but .. the Hurs are my team.. and they are sensational for the community 🙂  go Ardie 🙂 

Edited by Dancing Show
Just my normal adding in of things as after thoughts.. that's me :)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/8428115/Wellington-Cup-win-high-point-of-career

...and to end a spectacular day, we now have a 7-day lockdown imposed by a Labour Gummit that is clearly struggling to contain a 'pandemic' that has put all of 18 people into ICU since March last year. In the interim, countless people have had important surgery/treatment deferred or postponed/cancelled; thousands have lost their jobs and/or businesses; the country has borrowed multi-billions of dollars that compromise future generations; the housing market has gone out of control; and we are continually told to 'be kind'. 

Our PM can do no wrong, it seems. Do what she says and all will be welI ....

Max hopes like hell that some investigative journalist (if there are any left) can find out quickly what the flock is going on here! 

MM

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Love seeing this for Ardie Savea in the Super Comps (for those watching Super Comp matches on Sky 🙂 )   

The Hurricanes are amazing in Wellington.. they turn up at School Galas, school events, local rallies... my hat goes off to them.   I know I live in the Waikato now..  but .. the Hurs are my team.. and they are sensational for the community 🙂  go Ardie 🙂 

u r a treasure

36 minutes ago, Maximus said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/8428115/Wellington-Cup-win-high-point-of-career

...and to end a spectacular day, we now have a 7-day lockdown imposed by a Labour Gummit that is clearly struggling to contain a 'pandemic' that has put all of 18 people into ICU since March last year. In the interim, countless people have had important surgery/treatment deferred or postponed/cancelled; thousands have lost their jobs and/or businesses; the country has borrowed multi-billions of dollars that compromise future generations; the housing market has gone out of control; and we are continually told to 'be kind'. 

Our PM can do no wrong, it seems. Do what she says and all will be welI ....

Max hopes like hell that some investigative journalist (if there are any left) can find out quickly what the flock is going on here! 

MM

To be honest and this may not go down well, the Bitch needs stringing up in the town square like Mussolini was. The same should be done to Daniel Andrew's and his mate in WA. We now have the Wings Over Wairarapa scrapped for the last day with a sea of people in camper Van's forced to evacuate. This cant go on like this. 

Viva la revolution. 

10 hours ago, TooFast said:

Well ..... we're one of the few teams with a Joker at its disposal into the crucial final round.
We're gonna make full use of that Joker to swoop imperiously over the top of the Kauri Kats for thoroughly deserved Championship glory this coming Saturday.

Well .... no you are not because you Jaffa's are in lockdown and if you don't play by the new rules over the next 5 days all internet access to Jaffaland will be cut to avoid the spread of the virus. (and Norton antivirus will not help you) That means you will have to default next weeks game! 😉 (tongue in cheek)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

True Rees.. that is mammoth 🙂   maybe in dollar value equiv to Simon De Montfort but I don't believe anyone was running comps then..  my Nana had SDM at Trentham, and celebrated in the birdcage lounge ..  and drank a scotch and had a lazy cig to celebrate.... but this selection from Jen deserves all credit in the PJ Comp Hall of Fame  🙂

IMG_2747.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Babymakesherblujeanstalk said:

Tell ya what..... for 4 Harness Blokes and a chick who’s more Blonde than Brunette, us Steelers, we’re alright I recon! 
I am Lovin this Comp and hopin n prayin that us lot will continue to stick together for future ones. My boys, you rock! And Thank you for having me 😁😁😁 image.png.b9c29e86a4755cfcc3360d5ae99ae38f.png

We are the lucky ones to have you in our team Baby.How good was Rees today,outstanding tipping

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

I have his telephone no Max. will try to ring him.👍

Got hold of him and he is still at home and not in Hospital but he is very very unwell . He wasn't his usual chirpy self and it wasn't a long conversation. I told him that our community was looking out for him and that we hoped to see him back next weekend. Hope and pray he improves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Shall I stick to Johnson and Gryliss nxt week as well, just to annoy Howie.🤣. Was lucky with that one ,just like Jen was with hers.

I'm up against Howie so should I do the same😃.Rees you would be pleased with Majestic Man last night ,I have just seen a replay

3 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Shall I stick to Johnson and Gryliss nxt week as well, just to annoy Howie.🤣. Was lucky with that one ,just like Jen was with hers.

Max prefers the phrase 'fine judgment' when referring to the Queen Kat, thank you, good sir. Accompanied by a little bowing and scraping and other displays of reverence. 

This is what Her Gloriousness wrote in a PM to Kapitain Max on Fri nite when the proposal to play our Joker v Crusaders was suggested:

I am good to go with playing our joker. Due for a decent score.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

Rex is heading to the hospital tomorrow - hopefully to have his medication sorted.  He's tired and a bit woozy, but hanging in there.    In the meantime he asked .....

PS : Congratulate Jen for me please

So Jen.. congrats from Rex on your beaut selection  ☺️  

Thank you. Get well soon Rex.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Luck to have had a few very memorable days on the racecourse and this one is right up there.

I think Count Kereru won the Telegraph that day, vS ..one of Max's fave racehorses ...shame I was way to young to be punting, bound to have had the Field in the Cup with CK in the 'daily double'

MM

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I think Count Kereru won the Telegraph that day, vS ..one of Max's fave racehorses ...shame I was way to young to be punting, bound to have had the Field in the Cup with CK in the 'daily double'

MM

Pinotage was second in the Telegraph