The Race Place

National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Just now, Globederby19 said:

Yep, good Jock. Obviously Andy gave instructions to get Tannahill up toward the lead early from that draw, but floundering in the softer track as he thought. 

Should try to keep this team together Richie, we done good.

Yes we did, do well I will try to Rees

• Like 1

Congratulations to National Champs - The Kauri Kats !

Round 7 (Final) - Saturday Mar 6

Race 10 - Ellerslie R9

1st - 1 Rocket Spade W-$4.30 

1st - 5 Milford Q-$22.00  

Scr: nil

0 BLUES* (4th)

$802.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

5 STEELERS (3rd)

$1601.20

5 points

The Steelers had it won before the last where everyone bar Craig and Blues pair Pete and Roland found the Derby winner with BBs added by Gordy, Rees and VS while Geoff snagged a beaut BB quinella to secure Auckland MVP honours. Von Smallhausen just pipped Craig for the Man of the Match crown. The Steelers secured all 5 available points as The Blues blew their Joker with a nil return.

123.00 Pete 

396.00 Von Smallhausen

143.00 Gordy 

238.80 Rees

174.00 Howie 

186.00 Richie

131.00 Roland

394.40 Craig

231.00 Geoff

386.00 Baby

3 KAURI KATS (1st)

$1961.80

3 points

2 CHIEFS (7th)

$2021.80

2 points

The Chiefs had 3 chances to turn the match around in the last but none yelped so The Kauri Kats, for whom Sharne bagged a BB, ran out the winners and took out the National Championship. Jack (with a BB) and Punter Pete made the final collects for The Chiefs. Pam was a mighty MVP for the victors while Gee was Man of the Match with a bonza total of over $930. The Kauri Kats took a bonus point for a team profit while The Chiefs also took one for the same plus another for a superior aggregate.

126.40 Graeme 

77.40 Ian

803.00 Pam

445.00 Jack

439.40 Sharne 

936.20 Gee

561.00 Max

98.00 Stevie N

34.00 Jen

465.20 Punter Pete

5 HURRICANES (2nd)

$1760.00

5 points

0 TURBOS* (6th)

$1030.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

The Turbos needed a Montre Moi-Rocket Spade quinella in that order but according to reports just prior to the jump this would have left them 80 cents shy of catching the 'Canes ! Everyone bagged a BB in the last with all 5 'Canes sharing Man of the Match honours and their side took all 5 points on offer while the Turbos' Joker play proved fruitless ultimately.

352.00 Porky 

206.00 Blind Squirrel

352.00 Virgil

206.00 Ray

352.00 Hesi

206.00 Steve P

352.00 John

206.00 Ziggy

352.00 The Crucible

206.00 Gary

2 FERDIES (5th) 

$788.20

0 points

3 CRUSADERS* (8th)

$1567.80

3 (x 2 Joker play) = 6 points

Tribute King never figured for The Ferdies in the last so the Crusaders held on for a successful Joker play adding a bonus 2 points for a team profit with Tom their only scorer in the Derby with a beaut BB quinella. All the 'Naki team bar Zac collected in the Derby with Heather - the Ferdies' MVP - adding the quinella. Robert was an impressive Man of the Match with Rob also scoring well. Congrats Cantabs - too good for us today.

195.00 Maurice 

618.40 Robert

194.20 PJ

57.00 Rex

133.00 Maria 

70.00 Wrinkles

35.00 Zac

273.40 Tom

231.00 Heather

549.00 Rob

FINAL TABLE - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2021

1st 19 point KAURI KATS $9143.60

2nd 16 points HURRICANES $8814.40

3rd 16 points STEELERS $8171.00

4th 12 points CRUSADERS $7076.40

5th 11 points BLUES $7196.40

6th 11 points FERDIES* $6480.00 

7th 10 points CHIEFS $7696.20

8th 9 points TURBOS $7526.00

The Kauri Kats narrow victory today ensured victory in the National Champs - huge congrats to Pam, Sharne, Jen, Graeme and Captain Max. The 'Canes win ensured they held on to 2nd spot likewise for The Steelers in 3rd. The Crusaders last round win saw them leap out of the cellar and race into 4th spot. Defeats today for The Blues and Ferdies saw them each drop a place on the last day while The Chiefs held 7th thanks to their bonus points with the Turbos valiant effort just failing as they fell into the basement.

Thanks to everyone for their participation and we can look forward to the new comp next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

STATS

Best Scores
936.20 Gee
803.00 Pam
618.40 Robert
561.00 Max
549.00 Rob

Worst Scores 

77.40 Ian

70.00 Wrinkles

57.00 Rex

35.00 Zac

34.00 Jen

Most Wins

6 Maurice

6 Punter Pete

6 Heather

6 Jack

6 Sharne

6 Robert

6 Baby

Most Quinellas
2 Craig

2 Punter Pete

2 Stevie N

2 Ian

2 Tom

Biggest Winning Margin
936.20 Gee
439.40 Sharne

Narrowest Winning Margin
186.00 Richie

174.00 Howie

Highest Losing Score
445.00 Jack

Lowest Winning Score

126.40 Graeme (again !)

34 minutes ago, PWJ said:

STATS

Best Scores
936.20 Gee
803.00 Pam
618.40 Robert
561.00 Max
549.00 Rob

Worst Scores 

77.40 Ian

70.00 Wrinkles

57.00 Rex

35.00 Zac

34.00 Jen

Most Wins

6 Maurice

6 Punter Pete

6 Heather

6 Jack

6 Sharne

6 Robert

6 Baby

Most Quinellas
2 Craig

2 Punter Pete

2 Stevie N

2 Ian

2 Tom

Biggest Winning Margin
936.20 Gee
439.40 Sharne

Narrowest Winning Margin
186.00 Richie

174.00 Howie

Highest Losing Score
445.00 Jack

Lowest Winning Score

126.40 Graeme (again !)

Once again manage to psych out my opponent.I can only think they have realised just how bad I am and take things easy.🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Babymakesherblujeanstalk said:

Congrats KK's - Shite, that was hard to spit out! 🤣🤣🤣 🥂 Top Effort to you all.

I'm happy with a Bronze cos I get to share it with the Coolest Team of them All 😍

PJ, Thank you! Been a lot of fun, even tho I still do not understand the scoring system, at all!! 😆 Perhaps by the end of The Autumn one I might get my head around it. In meantime I shall just concentrate on picking Winners and leaving the scoring to those who know best!  Cheer PJ, Steelers & KK's 🥂

Team points:

2 for a 3-2 win

3 for a 4-1 win

4 for a 5-0 win

extra point for a team profit

extra point for a higher aggregate for a losing team 

Congratulations to the Kats who came up trumps for the last 2 weeks - well played!

Also congrats to John and the Canes - we just gave away too big a start but it was a good match played in great spirit.

And finally to Zig, Gazz, Ray and Steve - you are a real good bunch of buggers that I've had real fun with in this comp. Don't think it is justice that we finished last but that's how the cards fell in the end

Sorry that Aquaoir couldn't get you that win today Gazz but she has more wins in her.

As always a hearty cheer for PJ and his massive efforts to keep the ship running - enjoy a well earned beer!!

• Like 7

Hearty congratulations to the Kauri Kats on taking out the Title ...... never doubted you lot for a minute ! 🙂
Sterling performances at the business end, the final 2 rounds, throughout the Kauri Kats team ..... a real strong team effort.
Well done !

Well done also the Steelers  .... targeted you lot from a fair ways out as our Joker play and I was just plain wr..wr...wro ....... come on, Geoff, help me spit the word out ......I'm having trouble ! 😁
Steelers strong right through this comp, and deserved bronze medallists. Formidable opponents, as a 0-5 drubbing surely confirms.

Hard luck my guys the always Mighty Blues .... sometimes the Racing Gods just don't shine when they should be shining.
Never more stark than my own circumstance this round ....was level with Richie after 5 races .... I won all 5 of the races that remained ...and yet conspired to lose my match-up ! Well done, Richie. Knew you'd be the toughest of opponents.
Geoff is clearly of the view that if he never sees another Australian race he'll be very happy ! Harsh ! 🙂
Highlight for Mighty Blues this campaign was charging from last to first mid-comp .... we couldn't then maintain the momentum ...but it was a thrill nonetheless. Thank you Pete, Geoff, Gordy, and Roland.

Many thanks for another fine, fun-filled and thrill-filled comp, PJ. Absolutely superb.
Am looking forward to the draft comp that is imminent, where my team the 'Gloryseekers' will surely be a force to be reckoned with. I've got my team-mates' names all pencilled-in ...so you other motley assortment of prretend-Captains, please keep your paws off ! 😁

Finally, and most importantly....(normally my most importantly is thanking PJ) .... today my most importantly is saying farewell to John and thanking him for his mighty contribution to PJ comps over the many years. Irreplaceable. Glad you went out with a very comfortable win today John, and your team ..... it was a great effort to hold 2nd after your Joker went west very early on. Bye, John ! 

I sense I'm losing Rees  .... well, I've lost him, actually...I can hear the snoring from here. Better wrap this up.

See some of you on Tuesday, for the draft draw.
Well done again, Kauri Kats.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Of all the comps have been involved in this comp is the closest I have ever seen.Was a great comp

Thanks PJ,as always  such an entertaining well run comp.I dont know how you have time with all your stud duties etc.Oops I mean working for the Stud not stud duties,you have stallions for that

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

that is you Blues back row top right.

Howie looked more like the one in glasses in the front row.

Next Super comp the Blues will have a team member in charge of selecting Joker day. And it won’t be H.....

Thanks for the weekly fun PJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And now the short novel speech you've all been waiting for, from Kapitain Max of the Kauri Kats ...(wake up, Rees, this is Maxi not Howie)

• Thanks to everyone who has posted their congrats to Jen, Sharne, Graeme, Pam and Max -the KAURI KATS. This short league-style Comp of just 7 Rounds left little room for error and the KKs were fortunate to hit red hot form in the last two weeks, particularly last week with the Joker play. Everyone contributed significantly in a mighty team effort - the only team to record just one week out of 7 with a 'blob' at the end of the day!
  • Thanks to the Chiefs who made us fight the whole weekend for the 2pts we needed to 'seal the deal' - Gee and Punter Pete in particular scored heavily. (Poor kitty Sharne, losing with a score of $440 !). Pam had a blinder, picking Zoutori, Lions Roar and Homesman, all at $20+-1 over in Oz yesterday.
  • Thanks to PJ -the heart and soul of these Comps, always going the extra mile to give us our fun and games over the weekends. Truly appreciated by everyone.
  • Thanks to all 40 tipsters in this Comp - you are all formidable racegoers who know and love your horses and take the time to play this game just for the hell of it. I know we Kats have enjoyed doing battle with each team and had many laughs, thrills and spills along the way. Many close calls; many nose decisions, many results that 'just got up' or just didn't. 

So this one is done and dusted and the KKs can take a bow ...but wait.. what's that sound I hear on the wind? Tis the clarion call of PJ's Draft Super Comp starting ..next Saturday. 

Can't wait! The Maxigazillions (or woteva) will be up for the challenge.  

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 6

Hardly congratulations to the Kats, super match, pity about my efforts, that’s why I made myself captain for the next draft, that ensures I’m not a 3rd or 4th round pick

Inspired Joker play Max and a top Captains knock ensuring that all important win,team profit in this match. 

Some sensational scoring from my team mates Gee Punter Pete and Jack today you guys secured a couple of well earned points for the Chiefs 

Tactically brilliant Hurricanes and Turbos all the best John hope you miss it enough to come back in the future 

Thanks PJ outstanding as always

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Congratulations to the Kats who came up trumps for the last 2 weeks - well played!

Also congrats to John and the Canes - we just gave away too big a start but it was a good match played in great spirit.

And finally to Zig, Gazz, Ray and Steve - you are a real good bunch of buggers that I've had real fun with in this comp. Don't think it is justice that we finished last but that's how the cards fell in the end

Sorry that Aquaoir couldn't get you that win today Gazz but she has more wins in her.

As always a hearty cheer for PJ and his massive efforts to keep the ship running - enjoy a well earned beer!!

Thanks BS...track tripped her up as it did for others. Passed a few in the straight but never travelled up. She will keep for another day

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VvD said:

Not quite, but congratulations to the Kats on a big finish and a good win.

Good effort also team Canes - the only team with 5 wins but not quite enough. 

and nice way to go out skipper - 5-0 team win and maintained your own personal H2H strike-rate.  Not seeing your opponents picks didn't appear to make a lot of difference.

cheers for that VvD ..yes the Canes also scored pts in 6 of 7 rounds ...

You prob wouldve won the Comp if your Joker had been more productive in Rd 1 

MM

Edited by Maximus

For the purposes of Draft Night research....

THE FINAL MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (Congrats to Gee)

2196.20 Gee (Chiefs)

2090.40 Virgil (Hurricanes)

2072.40 Max (Kauri Kats)

2072.00 Robert (Crusaders)

2066.80 Pam (Kauri Kats)

1960.40 Tom (Crusaders)

1907.00 Jen (Kauri Kats)

THE FINAL SERENDIPITOUS SIX (those with the least $$ scored against them)

Ziggy (4/3-1074.80) (Turbos)

Gordy (4/3-1066.40) (Blues)

Tom (4/3-1025.00) (Crusaders)

Punter Pete (5/2-1001.60) (Chiefs)

Rees (5/2-980.60) (Steelers)

Graeme (5/2-952.80) (Kauri Kats)

THE FINAL UNFORTUNATE FIVE (those with the most $$ scored against them)
Howie (5/2-1862.60) (Blues)

Stevie N (2/5-1910.00) (Chiefs)

Jack (3/4-2266.40) (Chiefs)

Sharne (2/5-2373.80) (Kauri Kats)

Robert (5/2-2581.40) (Crusaders)

• Like 1

• PWJ unpinned this topic