The Race Place

Race Place Punters Club - Format, Rules, Selections and Results

Hesi

39 minutes ago, Turny said:

Next up Bryce preferably with a senior jockey, you were willowed with the ride

mebbe just outridden by a supremely confident senior rider on the well-backed stablemate ...our 'Golden Girl' pushing the boundaries and given a gentle warning

SEAJETZ (D Johnson) - Steadied from a wide barrier to obtain cover. Held up early in the final straight before shifting out passing the 300 metres crowding SCOTTISH STAR onto SEMPRINI with SEAJETZ then shifting out and away from MISTRESS MINX which was racing greenly, further inconveniencing SCOTTISH STAR and SEMPRINI. D Johnson was advised to exercise care.

MM

Edited by Maximus

Maxi wishes to explain his approach to the picks that follow for the morrow, known as the Curious Experiment - Curious being the funder, Max getting the free ride making the selections.

• Gallops only (Max is usually hopeless on the wobblies, as proven in Rees's comp).
  • Emphasis will be on %-age Quaddies, and Multis - at Ellerslie, and some metro Oz meetings tomorrow.
  • Depending on how the FF odds are looking tonight, some bets will be posted tonight/early tomorrow.
  • Any $$$ refunded from scratchings will be reinvested on Sunday.

A big thanks pre-investment to Curious for allowing Maxi to have a dash with his cash.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 3

Max has gone semi-hard and semi-early (a common issue according to Mrs W, but I digress) ...

Ellerslie –Win/Place at Fixed Odds

R4 #13 Aquaoir                 $10ew   $8.50/2.90          

R5 #11 Project                   $10ew $17.00/$4.80       

R7 #7 Milford                     $20 win $6.00    

R8 #7 Ocean Billy              $10ew   $16.00/4.80        

R9 #13 O’Susanna            $10ew   $10/3.30

Total spend:           $100.00

Balance:               $200.00 (for Quaddies, Multis and/or Trifectas)

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 4

Tis the morning of The Curious Experiment, a dangerous thig when it's Maximus wearing the white coat and mixing up all ze ingredients. Could be EXPLOSIVE or a damp squib. Do not try this at home!

With the balance of $200 to invest, Max has gone for %-age Quaddies at Ellerslie, Caulfield and Rosehill, (totalling $140) plus a couple of two-race $20 Win Multis (1 each at Ellerslie and Caulfield,) and the last $20 on a Bonus Back bet in R1 Caulfield - to reinvest if it fails to win but runs 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

ELLERSLIE

Early Quaddie $25 for min 5%
R2 9 (Holyhead)
R3  1234568910 (Field)
R4  3 Belt Road,  13 Aquaoir
R5  1234567810111213141516 (FIELD)
Early Quaddie $25 for min 5%

R2 Field

R3 #4 No Filter

R4 Field

R5  #5 Pullyoursocksup, #11 Project

Quaddie - $40 for min 5%

R6 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

R7 1 Rocket Spade, #7 Milford

R8  1,3,4,6,7,10, 13,14,15,17

R9  # 1 Fluorobus, #3 Frontman, #8 Deels Done, #13 O Susanna

MM

• Like 3

Caulfield Quaddie -$30 for min 10%

R6 # 1,6,7,8

R7  # 2,5, 13,14

R8 # 1,2,6,7,15,16

R9 # 1,3,9

Rosehill Quaddie -$20 for min 10%

R6 # 5,9,11

R7 # 1,3,5,7

R8 # 1,4,10,12

R9 # 4,5,6,15

MULTI  $20  to win $124.20

Caulfield

R1 #4 Defibrillate  $2.30  into

R3 #5 Impecunious  $2.70

MULTI - $20 TO WI $1,020

ELLERSLIE

r4 #13 Aquaoir $8.50 ito

R7 #7 Milford

WIN BET  $20 (Bous Back

Caulfield

R1 #4 Defibrillate @ $2.30 to win $46.00 Bonus Back bet)

MM

bbonus back bet

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Caulfield Quaddie -$30 for min 10%

R6 # 1,6,7,8

R7  # 2,5, 13,14

R8 # 1,2,6,7,15,16

R9 # 1,3,9

Rosehill Quaddie -$20 for min 10%

R6 # 5,9,11

R7 # 1,3,5,7

R8 # 1,4,10,12

R9 # 4,5,6,15

MULTI  $20  to win $124.20

Caulfield

R1 #4 Defibrillate  $2.30  into

R3 #5 Impecunious  $2.70

MULTI - $20 TO WI $1,020

ELLERSLIE

r4 #13 Aquaoir $8.50 ito

R7 #7 Milford

WIN BET  $20 (Bous Back

Caulfield

R1 #4 Defibrillate @ $2.30 to win $46.00 Bonus Back bet)

MM

bbonus back bet

All the best Maxi. Am sure you will rise to the occasion.

• Like 2

Good Morning Clubbers.

Good Luck Max/Curious.

I have not indicated a date yet so I will probably go on the last week with Pete.

In the meantime, inspired by the 'Get On' boys I am going to do a 'LET IT RIDE':

I will place a $100 fixed odds place bet starting this week and should there be a return reinvesting it all on a place bet the following week for the duration of the club.

Should be a bit of fun and if we get some traction it may get interesting.

So, this weeks place moral is:

M2 - R7 - #13 - Il Affare @ $1.90.

Hopefully I will be placing a $190 place bet next week.

Steve.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve P said:

Good Morning Clubbers.

Good Luck Max/Curious.

I have not indicated a date yet so I will probably go on the last week with Pete.

In the meantime, inspired by the 'Get On' boys I am going to do a 'LET IT RIDE':

I will place a $100 fixed odds place bet starting this week and should there be a return reinvesting it all on a place bet the following week for the duration of the club.

Steve.

Wish you had deleted mine, not a very long ride!!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Steve P said:

Good Morning Clubbers.

Good Luck Max/Curious.

Steve.

great idea Steve P ..but as soon as you labelled it a 'place moral' you jinxed yerself ...well, that's what the Get On boys would be saying.

MM

😧

• Like 1

The dust has settled on the Curious Experiment and the news is not good, but not hopeless.

Apparently there was a needless thermonuclear exchange of words involving a couple of provocateurs yesterday after barryb offered some constructive comments about Max's questionable strategy of %-age Quaddies. How bizarre!

We got a small %-age of a modest Quaddie at Ellerslie (our share $79.70) and missed the rest, including the big one later that paid $12.5k. (There's a hard luck story that goes with that! 

The $20 Win bet on Defibrillate came through ($46) but the 2-race Multi into Impecunious didn't.

A total of $125.70 has been paid into the TRP Punter Club account today.

Again, my thanks to Curious for giving Max the free fun and games yesterday. Have learned a lesson or two that will be incorporated into Max's go on 13 March (Cup Day, Ellerslie).

MM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TooFast said:

and just a word of advice to the ignorant, mardigrass.
you'll never beat me in a war of words.
i've eaten for breakfast people three times smarter than you, without even getting into second gear.
and if you don't believe me .... just watch me.
i'm far better at war-of-words, than I am at selecting race winners.
in gthe nicest possible way .... of course ...... cos I have a lot of respect for site owners Pete & Hesi.

Who's the wanker/knowitall now. 

Based on your posts, I doubt you've come across too many smart people. They aren't likely to be anywhere near your 'circle'. 

p.s I don't tend to take advice from people who like playing in sandpits. So excuse me if I don't take yours. 

And just some advice for you. I don't intend to have any war of words. You're simply not worth it. Leave it to someone who kicks over your sandcastle.

Edited by mardigras

10 minutes ago, TooFast said:

and a word of advice to the next chump. should there be a next chump, wanting to humiliate a Punters Club selector (i.e. Maxi) by questioning in public, on the thread, whether they know what they're doing.
Send a PM to the person you are wanting to humiliate next time, giving your unsolicited advice.
Pete & Hesi have made the PM facility available.
Use it.
Otherwise you are just being a low-life arsehole.

perhaps take your own advice and play nicely

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TooFast said:

and a word of advice to the next chump. should there be a next chump, wanting to humiliate a Punters Club selector (i.e. Maxi) by questioning in public, on the thread, whether they know what they're doing.
Send a PM to the person you are wanting to humiliate next time, giving your unsolicited advice.
Pete & Hesi have made the PM facility available.
Use it.
Otherwise you are just being a low-life arsehole.

You're the one doing the humiliating. All to yourself. You clearly are not the smartest in the sandpit, let alone in the real world.

To think, you thought calling me barry's mum was in any way smart. That's the problem with people like you. You are working from such a low base, and you actually have convinced yourself of the things you claimed. Get a grip.

4 minutes ago, TooFast said:

that's better mardigrass..... you've got yourself up off the canvas now and are showing some pluck.
Who's the wanker/knowitall now ? ..... well ...same one as yesterday ......the one who wanted to school his Punters Club team-mate. one day you'll understand, barry's mum, hopefully.
it's difficult progressing any sort of war of words , even low-level, with someone not smart enough to know when to use the word 'advise', and when to use the word 'advice'. in a sentence p.s.  I don't tend to take advise from people ..etc, etc
I'm clearly having to deal here to the pig ignorant. 🤢
I'd have pm'd this call-out to you mardigrass rather put it on the thread ...but you raised your head above the parapet asking to be slammed down ..... so that's just exactly what is happening, barry's mum. 

Love that. So you now want to raise typos, since it clearly was, as it was edited within 30 seconds of posting it. Dickhead. Showing your true colours though.

You think it's funny/smart referring to me as barry's mum. And now you're raising typos. What next? 

Go back to your sandpit, that's where little boys play. 

Did you get the next typo - dickhead?

Edited by mardigras

There are a few people, whose comment seems to be based on the fact that they just don't like Barry.

Barry has an abrasive style, so what

This was an exchange between 2 members of the Punters Club, that the person on the receiving end did not take umbrage at, yet people who are not members, and don't  in fact like PC's, are having an opinion on

Probably a good idea to leave the Punters Club to sort out it's own workings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TooFast said:

'typo' ........... yeah ... right ?
and there's little green martians flying by my window as we speak.
I bet you used to use the 'cheque's in the mail' excuse too, mardimouse.
Pig ignorant more like.  

You could try and be a little more constructive.

Perhaps put up a picture of your latest sandcastle.