The Race Place

Race Place Punters Club - Format, Rules, Selections and Results

Hesi

6 minutes ago, Hesi said:

There are a few people, whose comment seems to be based on the fact that they just don't like Barry.

Barry has an abrasive style, so what

This was an exchange between 2 members of the Punters Club, that the person on the receiving end did not take umbrage at, yet people who are not members, and don't  in fact like PC's, are having an opinion on

Probably a good idea to leave the Punters Club to sort out it's own workings

Yeah, like the person who said it would be a good idea to use the PM function, after already planting their foot firmly in their mouth. What a crackup. 

Guys can you just cool it please. It's getting very close to the point where I feel like I want to pull the pin on this site.

Rehashing what happened yesterday doesn't achieve much at all.

Just FYI John I  don't delete posts very often but felt it best to get rid of the whole chain rather than just and select the ones to delete as that would imply I agree with one or the other and I've steadfastly tried to stay neutral on this.

I do find your continuing to contribute to this thread rather at odds with your stated intent to leave the site.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Guys can you just cool it please. It's getting very close to the point where I feel like I want to pull the pin on this site.

Just FYI John I  don't delete posts very often but felt it best to get rid of the whole chain rather than just and select the ones to delete as that would imply I agree with one or the other and I've steadfastly tried to stay neutral on this.

I do find your continuing to contribute to this thread rather at odds with your stated intent to leave the site.

I have had to unfollow this post as Sarah getting pissed off with the constant email chain   lets hope it can stay positive from now on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Say No More said:

The person on the receiving end of the advice did appear to take umbrage, and they posted to that effect.  We can't see that now as that post has been deleted, and the person in question appears to have forgotten that they posted.

Howie simply voiced what most others on here were thinking - picking for a punters club is an unenviable task so best to keep your judgement to yourself.

You're also totally wrong about Max taking umbrage because he PMd us this morning stating the exact opposite. Maybe he's just a bit more thick skinned than some others on here who shall remain nameless.

9 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Doesn't make sense, mardimouse. 
My advise is you get someone to proof-read your posts before you push the send button.

Not surprising. I can't help it if you think you are smart when you're simply mentally challenged. Is English a second language for you?

Given what you've stated about yourself earlier, you've got a lot of convincing to do to make me (and I expect many others) think you excel at anything more so than you do at selecting winners. 

You come across as a childish moron.

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Well one guy who was part of the deleted posts, decided he would come back and stick his foot even further down his gob. Just couldn't help himself. Must be a bright bugger alright.

This was Barry's post to Maxi(see bottom), quite tame and polite for Barry, unless you take offence easily, it is hard to see what is so objectionable about it.

Once again, I reiterate, both John and Howie have a dislike of Barry, personal style stuff probably, and that is what your comments are motivated by

If I had made the below comments, then no one would have turned a hair

I'm well aware of the stuff that has gone on at RC and BOAY, and while Barry's personal style is not to everyone's liking, and he lets rip with a swear word or three, it bears no resemblance to some of the nonsense that many of you took exception to.....the inequities, the level of personal abuse

barryb

Hey Max, I am not trying to be a Wanker/Knowitall etc here, but so often these are chosen as bets because punter love the thought of chasing a large collect, but in reality here with you selections in r7 & 9 without a complete rank outsider in the other 2 legs you are looking at a quaddie thats never paying more than $5k which at 5% is eq to a $6.25 winner at best.

Its far easier to find a $6.25 winner than to pick a 4 leg bet.

Pop Star Princess $5.50 with RS $2.10 in a Multi is $11.55, almost double the return & a lot more likely.

It appears the Punters Club 'issue' of yesterday has raised its ugly head again, so allow me to state the point of view of the so-called 'victim'.

I read barryb's initial critique of selections while at the Ellerslie races with little time to dedicate to a response. My brief reply was along the lines of let me have my fun, see how the picks pan out $$-wise and do the critical analysis later. Howie took exception to barryb's remarks - though I did not see them when posted, and site administrator Pete chose to delete them as things were 'becoming toxic'. That is his prerogative as administrator.

Did Max 'take umbrage'? Only to the extent that it is not barryb's business - and Howie is quite correct to say that the PM facility would have been a better way for Barry to alert Max to his deficiencies when trying to ail %-age Quaddies. But Max was NOT deeply offended. Surprised, yes, but his initial comments were not 'toxic'. Not very diplomatic, under the circumstances. But Barryb has my respect as a bloke who 'knows his horses' and has tipped many 'great value' tips, including a huge result yesterday. I feel the same about SNM, though we have verbal stoushes on this forum. 

My advice (correctly spelt) is that everyone now takes a big 'chill pill' and all refrain from aggravating an issue that is really not worth the angst. The alleged victim - moi -  is well and truly 'over it' (in fact, was 'over it' immediately after a hurried reply saying let's deal with this later if we must!) 

It is certainly not worth ANYONE leaving Raceplace on account of it.

MM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TooFast said:

That's more like it, Mardimouse.
No stuff-ups this time ... you even spelt excel correctly ...and I thought for sure you'd stumble over that one.
MA English (1st class honours) ..... that good enough for you ?
Hasn't gotten me the jobs I most wished I would get .... but at least with MA English (1st class honours) I've always known the difference between use of advise and advice.
Sorry, I forgot .... that was a 'typo'..eh. 🙂 

Well if you could read, you would have read the time that my post was edited. Perhaps use that English ability and read next time.

You talk yourself up bigtime. But you deliver nothing - much like your tips.

Max. Just catching up with all this. Thanks for having a good go on my behalf and getting a few bucks back in the kitty. Sorry if you've ended up taking some flack as a result of your efforts. I don't usually do PCs or punting comps. Not my thing but was just trying to support the site and constructively participate. Probably be the last time in that way.

1 minute ago, TooFast said:

Just as an aside it could be construed as poor form "outing" John as having indicated he wants to leave the site, when he hasn't made that representation to site-users (i.e. other PJ Super Comp players) himself. He was probably wanting to do that in his own time, in his own way.

Well maybe my English is as poor as you claim but I read his post, and that's what I took from it.

18 hours ago, Say No More said:

...Barry took offence and showed his true colours, and Barry is now leaving Raceplace - I guess that is one thing Barry and I have in common.

2 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Still trying to re-write history over the "typo" ...to make yourself feel better, Mardimouse.
You'd look better (difficult as that may be) if you simply owned your mistake.
That way you'd look honourable at least, albeit incompetent.
Take my advise, own up. Good for the soul.

I owned it, by editing my post within about 30 seconds of posting it. You really are stupid. 

I'm sure Pete/Hesi can confirm the time of my post and the time it was edited. 

Stick to your sandpit. Got that picture of your latest sandcastle for us yet? That's about your level.

And I don't need to feel better. You do that for me by your juvenile posts.

Edited by mardigras

5 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Pete, sorry, you're a good bloke .... but I'm going to have to call you out on this.
I'm not interested in what Maxi PM'd you this morning Sunday ... I'm interested in his one-line reply to barryb's post yesterday Saturday .... which John and I both saw ...and which is now "missing" from the thread. That one-liner clearly displayed some annoyance/umbrage, whatever you want to call it, and I'd be very happy if you'd resurrect that Maxi reply here. If you can't do that I can only draw my own conclusions. I'm not a big fan of people trying to re-write history, and while it may appear this is people making mountains out of molehills, there is now principle at stake.  
Just as an aside it could be construed as poor form "outing" John as having indicated he wants to leave the site, when he hasn't made that representation to site-users (i.e. other PJ Super Comp players) himself. He was probably wanting to do that in his own time, in his own way.
What a weekend it's been on this site ! 

What's does this mean then? It was on another thread.

Barry is now leaving Raceplace - I guess that is one thing Barry and I have in common.

• Like 2

Just now, TooFast said:

yeah, yeah ...still trying to cover up. It takes a cretin to post something without proof-reading it first ......  even if we take your word for it that you really do know the difference between advice and advise .......... which I don't. I think you just guess with all noun/verb usage .... sometimes you get it right ...more often you get it wrong.

Oh, and another of your errors exposed, John was talking about leaving Racecafe in his post, not leaving Race Place.

Is there ever a time .... when you will get it right, Mardimouse ? 🙂 

It's says leaving Raceplace Howie. You're wrong in this instance.

1 minute ago, TooFast said:

yeah, yeah ...still trying to cover up. It takes a cretin to post something without proof-reading it first ......  even if we take your word for it that you really do know the difference between advice and advise .......... which I don't. I think you just guess with all noun/verb usage .... sometimes you get it right ...more often you get it wrong.

Oh, and another of your errors exposed, John was talking about leaving Racecafe in his post, not leaving Race Place.

Is there ever a time .... when you will get it right, Mardimouse ? 🙂 

Must be Curious, Pete and myself need to bow to the almighty English expert. Given racecafe wasn't mentioned in his post.

So please can you show me where in his post, that was inferred. Oh smart one.

You're fighting a losing battle. A spelling error, a label of "barry's mum'" and mardimouse. Geez you're clever. You really know how to beat people with words. I definitely see where your expertise lies, you're a first class clown - with honours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Felt the need to remove your post saying I was wrong? Perhaps you just need to own it. You were wrong, just own up - it's good for you.

Just now, Maximus said:

Max is very very surprised that this exchange of a childish nature has not been closed down long before now, on the same grounds as yesterday's thread. 

MM

Good point. I'll lock it and Hesi can create a new thread.

• Like 2

• pete locked this topic