The Race Place

Rangiora Race 7 Start

Happy Sunrise

Great second line lol.

This screenshot is as he said his customary 'right'

Woodlea Explorer had already started running its race when he let them go. Look how far the second row is behind Woodlea Explorer and Madame Frost who drew 6 is in the middle of the second line! Is that a fair start Stipendiary Stewards for Madame Frost or the second row off 15 or more metres?

First 3 out are the first 3 home.

It is not good enough. It is just utter crap starts like these because they are the starter's doing and no one else.

image.thumb.png.db812c4b7f508cd8668e57238cd31400.png

Thanks for pointing this out Happy. I missed all racing yeterday so just went back and watched the replay of the start of this race, several times. 

One can only shake their head when watching (and listening to) Lamb's starts. So many questions arise, but surely there is only one answer to solve the problem? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Thanks for pointing this out Happy. I missed all racing yeterday so just went back and watched the replay of the start of this race, several times. 

One can only shake their head when watching (and listening to) Lamb's starts. So many questions arise, but surely there is only one answer to solve the problem? 

The stipes report says nothing at all about the start and no one on social media has said a thing. I think it just goes to show how little people pay attention or care when it doesn't suit. The bandwagon was huge over the NZ Cup start but that start yesterday was as bad if not worse.

Woodham was on the Box Seat about codes of conduct etc but unless they get the RIU / Starter sorted out it is hollow. Protecting the punter is just as important as protecting the industry from detrimental practices is it not?

I think the RIU should have an overseer who critques their performance because how they missed the mess that start was bewilders me. There is no quality control at all and after their changing interpretation of what constitutes a fair start for horses near the end of last year I genuinely believe they don't know what they are doing.

Lamb is bad but the stipes are even worse because they don't even see it, or worse, they turn a blind eye to it.

• 2 months later...

The stipes have made another monumental decision last night regarding what constitutes a fair start. 

image.thumb.png.a6c8028848ccef83131db913ad3e16ed.png

So, the horses were not 'afforded the opportunity to come up into the correct barrier position' which is fair enough in theory.

Which leads them to directing the guilt towards the starter for this. The 2 non starters have red dots on their heads.

image.thumb.png.058c9dc03663b7114d1acec2b21d1e7b.png

image.thumb.png.b8e31a52c27c650353ef88f03082d640.png

But compared to the example of Madame Frost race above, how can they miss that start but see this one? These horses are only slightly out of position! The punters of Classic Call lose a couple of dollars on their win bets (11 to 9s) while the punters of the 2 horses get a gift from heaven with their money back. If they are going to call these horses non-starters then they will have to be eagle eyed because it happens much more than just this time. 

This is another example of the inconsistency of the stipes at the start which leads to a lack of faith in their abilities.

Maybe Greg O'Connor and Mick Guerin could bring it up on the Box Seat? Oh no, that is right, they don't bring anything up on that show which is a negative for the industry (Kerr, Alford etc) as they are puppets of the industry beholden to their sponsors. 

I will say it again, the stipes are much worse than the starters.

image.png