The Race Place

Jesse Alford

Happy Sunrise

15 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Does Woodham need to get that code of conduct typed up pretty quick?

A code of conduct should have been published years ago, so it is a positive step introducing one, but only if it has some teeth in it. 

One can only hope that the code spells out specific disciplinary action for any violation of the code. What that involves and how it ties in with JCA penalties may take some work, but hopefully common sense prevails, even though common sense isn't all that common these days. Or is it as common as sticking a tube down a horse's throat? 

23 hours ago, Rusty said:

A code of conduct should have been published years ago, so it is a positive step introducing one, but only if it has some teeth in it. 

One can only hope that the code spells out specific disciplinary action for any violation of the code. What that involves and how it ties in with JCA penalties may take some work, but hopefully common sense prevails, even though common sense isn't all that common these days. Or is it as common as sticking a tube down a horse's throat? 

17 hours ago, Enteebee said:

The rules of racing are already a code of conduct as the RIU punishes people who break the rules. Having a 'code' won't change the behaviour of those who are intent  on self gain.

Anybody who punts on harness racing knows the trainers who improve horses by too many lengths. Good to see 2 of them leave the ranks recently. 

Yeah good point Happy, you quite right. 

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I am getting pretty bloody sick of all the negativity and how can I word this nicely... "people that do not comply with the rules of racing."

It is a massive turn off, and I'm starting to become just not that into it anymore. 

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rusty said:

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I am getting pretty bloody sick of all the negativity and how can I word this nicely... "people that do not comply with the rules of racing."

It is a massive turn off, and I'm starting to become just not that into it anymore. 

I am sick of it too and similar to you have lost interest somewhat. These <insert obscenity> are carrying on like they are above the law while INCA continues - how thick do you have to be? 

I don't bet in races which have/had Kerr, Alford and another couple  of trainers who shall remain nameless. You don't know how their horses will perform. Sometimes they win by lengths and sometimes run averagely. The TAB keep these trainers horses very tight in the market on the whole as not to expose themselves but they have learned the hard way due to horses like Noble Mistress. There are quite a few others.

The muppets are taking the piss and I am sick of them.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, Maximus said:

having had a quick read of the article... a lawsuit could well be directed at the 'powers that be' if it was not an illegal substance. Has the trainer admitted an offence?

The article should make it clear that this is a alleged breach of the rules...

MM

Maxi it is against the rules to.inject or tube a horse the day of the races even with a legal substance.So he has broken the rules no matter what.

No chance of a lawsuit and the rumour is the substance was Formaldehyde. Which I believe is illegal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richie said:

the rumour is the substance was Formaldehyde

Wonder if it works better than fridge gas?

If true, they really are sick bastards and can get banned for life as far as I am concerned. What kind of person would give a horse a substance like that?

The whole little cartel that has appeared in the last couple of years and those that associate with them need to fuck off because they will destroy the industry quickly with their actions. This is far worse than INCA, the general public will forget race fixing (not that anyone cares at the moment about it) but they will not forgive proven charges of horses being given these kinds of substances. 

I will give up on harness racing if they go soft on these people.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Matt Cross thought Jimmy Cannon was racing tonight. He called it by mistake in the melee after the finish of Race 9. Bit of blue considering the horse is dead and was in the news this week.

No racing journalist / media person has the balls to talk about it though. 

Harness racing is full of shit at the moment.

• Like 1