The Race Place

Autumn Super Draft Comp entries here

PWJ

UPDATE

Looking like about 5 teams at this stage. Need a couple more captains.

CAPTAINS (3)

Pete

Maria

Max

DRAFT POOL (19)

Gordy

Ray

Graeme

Tom

Roland

Steve P

Richie

Dino

Blind Squirrel

Hesi

Sharne

Craig

Jen

PJ

Stevie N

Geoff

Rees

Rob

Gee

I'm a starter again, PJ., thanks.

Can you please put me down as a Captain  .... there seem to be berths available in that role, and I've had plenty of experience.
'Too Fast' franchise is standing down after several campaigns ..... some profitable ...some not so much. 😃
So a new name is in the 'offing.'

Just wanna acknowledge John's magnificent contribution to PJ Comps over many, many years.
The 'go to' man when PJ has called for help, a top selector, and highly successful team captain.
Hopefully the lure will prove too strong, and John will be back one day.
I hope so. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Draft please PJ and if Captain required happy to be on board with that.

Thanks.

I too will miss John , has always been friendly and helpful to me.

Good luck with your new social endeavours.

Nice to see you back on deck Rex.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

An apt time to point out, from Pete and my point of view, that while PJ's comps are a reasonable part of this site, and for which we thank him and all those that participate, there are many other aspects to the site.  Aspects that others also contribute to and do so substantially, and for which we are also grateful

The site cannot survive, just on the back of PJ's Comps

People like

Rex and Rees who have stepped up to the mark to help get Harness going

Craig with his endless supply of music videos

PJ, Maria, Pete and a few others who have also done the Infinite jukebox

Mardi, Barry, Curious, LFV, NG, Docker, VC and a few others also, who have had the fortitude to put up pre-race selections on a regular basis

Those that have arranged prizes, like Maxi and Rees and a few others

Those that have helped us have a Punters Club

Roland and his ongoing supply of selections for UK racing

All those that have contributed to the threads, for without those contributions, any site will just die, or become very negative, which in the end becomes very tiresome and ultimately turns people off.

These are all the people, that make the site, so I would urge people to just think about that, and the ultimate future of the site

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

UPDATE

Looking like about 6 teams at this stage. 5 more draft entrants needed.

CAPTAINS (6)

Pete

Maria

Max

Ian

Howie

Rex

DRAFT POOL (19)

Gordy

Ray

Graeme

Tom

Roland

Steve P

Richie

Dino

Blind Squirrel

Hesi

Sharne

Craig

Jen

PJ

Stevie N

Geoff

Rees

Rob

Gee

An oversight indeed John, and I apologise, but not deliberate or pointed, that is your conclusion, which is wrong.

In actual fact, I have probably missed noting a few contributions from people in the earlier days of the site.

Now FFS, just add your name to the list for PJ's next comp, I'm sure there would be unanimous agreement that people would like to see you there.................or do I have to run a poll:classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

You're spot on Hesi about the value of multiple contributions, but good to see where I stand in your mind.

When you started this site you asked me to run a World Cup comp (a H2H version of PJ's Super format) to help attract people across from BOAY.  You also encouraged me to run a Losers get Laid comp.  Neither were insignificant but neither featured in your post - I suspect a deliberate and pointed oversight.  

John no one has ever sought to detract from what you've contributed to this site. It's pretty obvious for anyone who takes notice.

I have a strong feeling this won't make a blind bit of difference but there are a lot of people on here, including me, who would really value your continued participation in PJs comps at the very least.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, Say No More said:

Hi Peter, I'm opting out at the end of the current comp (this weekend).

Thanks for many many years of enjoyment from your comps - I truly appreciate the time and energy you have put into these.  The super comps have been a big part of many of my Saturdays, but I'm looking forward to broadening my social life - who knows might have to resurrect the golf career. 

Cheers
John

Shame to see you go John. You've been part of the race forum community for a while now. A valued contributor, astute tipster and fierce competitor who knows more about numbers than any man should.   👊

On the positive side, I'll climb up at least one ranking as far as *active* individual performances in PJ comps go. 

The other positive is that Max's posts will reduce by half....  😁

cheers
R

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Say No More said:

You're spot on Hesi about the value of multiple contributions, but good to see where I stand in your mind.

When you started this site you asked me to run a World Cup comp (a H2H version of PJ's Super format) to help attract people across from BOAY.  You also encouraged me to run a Losers get Laid comp.  Neither were insignificant but neither featured in your post - I suspect a deliberate and pointed oversight.  

John , if you want a social life just do what Ziggy does. Take five minutes to put your picks on while loading the clubs into the car then gap it. I you have a shit round then brighten up the day by checking on how they are doing. We will still be here.👍

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

John , if you want a social life just do what Ziggy does. Take five minutes to put your picks on while loading the clubs into the car then gap it. I you have a shit round then brighten up the day by checking on how they are doing. We will still be here.👍

I take offence to that bro!! 10 minutes more like and the clubs reside in my boot🏌️

Draft thanks Pete

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Rayzor said:

Shame to see you go John. You've been part of the race forum community for a while now. A valued contributor, astute tipster and fierce competitor who knows more about numbers than any man should.   👊

On the positive side, I'll climb up at least one ranking as far as *active* individual performances in PJ comps go. 

The other positive is that Max's posts will reduce by half....  😁

cheers
R

not necessarily LOL

MM

UPDATE

Looking like about 7 teams at this stage. 2 more players needed and one more Captain to step up.

CAPTAINS (6)

Pete

Maria

Max

Ian

Howie

Rex

DRAFT POOL (27)

Gordy

Ray

Graeme

Tom