The Race Place

Te News tonite is surreal ..

Maximus

The graphics say her name is  'MEG' - as if we all know her like a close friend - and that she and 'Harry' (Clown Prince who doesn't wanna be a prince if 'Meg' is gonna cry about it all the time) - MARRIED IN SECRET three days before the globally televised event. So, what nearly everyone watched was a RORT, a RE-RUN  a REPLAY, a REPEAT.

You should all ask for your money back. Thought you invested all that time and money watching HISTORY BEING MADE? What a SHAM (quote, Al Pacino in 'Scent of A Woman', fabulous movie, but I digress). I say "you" should ask for a refund cos Max is far too clever to watch crap like semi-royal weddings or funerals. The Nazi-loving Greek Philippe won't be getting the pleasure of my company at his wake, whenever that be.

And to make Te News doubly surreal tonight, we are told by the said TV3 graphics that the 'Pfizer jab' is arriving in such volume that there's enough for all kiwis   ...and we should all be singin' Hallelujah and Praise e to the Wicked Witch of the West - but how the hell the flightless birds of this land got ahead of all the Mustelids in the queue is beyond Max.

I want an UnRoyal Commission of Enquiry, I want a one-on-one interview with Her Majesty Cindy the First.. I'm told she's not so busy on a Monday mornin' now, not since she hit the magic mute button on Big Mike Tosking. Fat chance of that. So, Max will have to take second-best and gratefully accept an interview with everyone's BFF friend 'Meg'. She knows the value of a big audience and how to cry at the drop of a greenback.

MM

I have all but had it with TV1 news at 6pm.

All you get now is lessons in the Maori language and the name Aotearoa being used every chance they get instead of New Zealand. Was this part of the deal when the government forked out 250 million of tax payers money to the media ?

The first 10 minutes of last nights news was about Harry and Meghan dishing dirt on the royal family. Where do they actually want all this to go, ditch the monarchy and us to become a republic?

Just give me the important news from here and the rest of the world.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 11:52 AM, Gordy said:

I have all but had it with TV1 news at 6pm.

All you get now is lessons in the Maori language and the name Aotearoa being used every chance they get instead of New Zealand. Was this part of the deal when the government forked out 250 million of tax payers money to the media ?

The first 10 minutes of last nights news was about Harry and Meghan dishing dirt on the royal family. Where do they actually want all this to go, ditch the monarchy and us to become a republic?

Just give me the important news from here and the rest of the world.

Right on the money there, Gordy. Like you, I am sick of the virtue-signalling PC brigade runnig media coverage in New Zealand, their choice of what subjects make the news and the order they are served up. As if the family feud in the UK is more important than everything else. 

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1