2nd - 6 Miss Iano Q-$27.30

Scr: nil

1 THE WILD BUNCH

$762.00

0 points 

4 FIVE-0

$1921.80

4 points

After The Wild Bunch's only hope never yelped, Five-O finished the day in style with all 5 on the Dash For Cash winner with BBs for Craig, Hesi and Virgil taking them well into team profit territory. Dualis, a very impressive MVP was the only Wild one on the final winner. Virgil was dominant as a Man of the Match with his side adding another bonus point for the 4-1 margin.

138.00 Gee

276.20 John

21.00 Jen

492.20 Virgil

30.00 Roland

384.00 Punter Pete

405.00 Dualis

372.40 Hesi

168.00 Gordy

397.00 Craig

3 UNDER THE RADAR

$1454.60

3 points 

2 LA BODEGA

$1236.40

0 points

Miss Iano, la bodega's only chance to snatch the match, came home strongly but was just denied much to the relief of Under The Radar who held on taking a bonus point for a team profit despite all missing in the last. Rees - la bodega's MVP - bagged a BB in the last with Richie getting his 6th winner. PJ edged Tom by just $2.40 for Man of the Match honours in what was a very hard fought match.

246.40 Wrinkles

180.80 Harewood (Paul)

464.80 PJ

299.00 Richie

462.40 Tom

151.40 Rex

102.40 Sharne

414.20 Rees

178.60 Pete

191.00 Ashoka

1 THE RUSTLERS

$906.40

0 points

4 DYNAMITE

$1410.80

4 points

Dynamite had it won before the last where amazingly everyone missed ! TC - the only Rustler to claim a personal win - was his side's MVP while Ziggy edged Stevie and Ian for Man of the Match honours. Dynamite took two bonus points - one for a team profit and the other for the 4-1 margin. Congrats on a winning debut to Junior Mac !

134.00 Brian

322.00 Ian

98.00 Gary

322.20 Stevie N

303.00 The Crucible

223.20 Rocky Way

191.00 Maurice

208.00 Junior Mac

181.40 Ray

335.40 Ziggy 

3 ANIMAL KINGDOM

$1669.00

3 points 

2 FARTOOFAST

$1657.60

1 point

Animal Kingdom had it won before the last where Captain Max bagged a BB but it was a huge late surge from Fartoofast (fartoolate) which denied AK two bonus points when Robert bagged a BB to nail Graeme and Steve P did likewise to Rob while just for good measure Jack also snagged a BB that left Fartoofast just $12 shy of a further bonus point for a higher aggregate to go with the one they secured in the last for a team profit. Graeme was MVP for AK while Robert was magnificent as Man of the Match with Steve P also scoring impressively.

446.80 Graeme

541.00 Robert

260.00 Heather

241.00 Howie

267.20 Maximus

225.00 Jack

371.00 Moose

168.00 Geoff

324.00 Rob

483.60 Steve P

TABLE after ROUND 1

1st 4 FIVE-O $1921.80

2nd 4 DYNAMITE $1410.80

3rd 3 ANIMAL KINGDOM $1669.00

4th 3 UNDER THE RADAR $1454,60

5th 1 FARTOOFAST $1657.60

6th 0 LA BODEGA $1236.40

7th 0 THE RUSTLERS $906.40

8th 0 THE WILD BUNCH $762.00

STATS 

Best Scores
541.00 Robert
492.20 Virgil
483.60 Steve P
464.80 PJ
462.40 Tom

Worst Scores 
138.00 Gee

134.00 Brian

102.40 Sharne

30.00 Roland
21.00 Jen

Most Wins
7 Dualis

7 Tom

7 Graeme

7 Robert

7 Virgil

7 PJ

Most Quinellas
2 Ziggy

2 Virgil

2 Pete

2 PJ

Biggest Winning Margin
492.20 Virgil
21.00 Jen

Narrowest Winning Margin
191.00 Ashoka

178.60 Pete

Highest Losing Score
446.80 Graeme

Lowest Winning Score
191.00 Ashoka

Round 2 - Sat Aug 24

Meetings will be Ellerslie, New Plymouth & Randwick

FIVE-O (1st) vs FARTOOFAST (5th)
Hesi v Howie
Virgil v Geoff
Punter Pete v Steve P
Craig v Robert
John v Jack

LA BODEGA (6th) vs DYNAMITE (2nd)
Rees v Ziggy
Richie v Rocky
Ashoka v Ian
Paul v Stevie N
Rex v Junior Mac

ANIMAL KINGDOM (3rd) vs THE RUSTLERS (7th)
Moose v Maurice
Maximus v Brian
Graeme v Ray
Rob v Gary
Heather v The Crucible

UNDER THE RADAR (4th) vs THE WILD BUNCH (8th)
Tom v Gordy
Sharne v Roland
PJ v Gee
Wrinkles v Dualis
Pete v Jen

Amazing first day of the Spring Comp … plenty of big scores and close matches - this Spring Comp is clearly gonna be a classic for the ages.

Heart congratulations to Maxi's 'Animal Kingdom' team on an excellent first-up victory … there's clearly plenty of talent in the 'Animal Kingdom' lineup and on this display they could well be a force come Finals time. I've upgraded them from 'likely midfield' status to 'strong contender' status. 

Hard luck to my guys - ours was the 'Te Akau Shark' run of the day, booming home up from the back with giant strides late in proceedings to snatch a Team Profit point and be oh so very close to the Higher Aggregate point.  Robert and Stevie P played out of their skins to be Gold and Bronze Medallists respectively for the day on PJ's 'Top 7' list - top effort fellas -  fully justifying the big bucks we 'TooFasts' paid for their services at sign-up time. 😊. Jack stormed home with a BB victory in the last in an impressive opening hit-out. The good news with Geoff, returning from the 12-month layoff, is that with a bit of heaving and straining the attendants managed to squeeze him into the starting gates ok, but the first 600 metres was like watching a steeplechaser in the Railway Handicap. However the second half of the day the Best Bet King began to get his groove back and found the line nicely.

I recall that the last PJ Super Comp that I was in my team didn't score a Team Profit point for the entire competition … so to achieve that in the very first Round of this new Comp is very encouraging.

Next week it's a date with the formidable 'Five-O' - $1921 in the kitty today to blow the team profit threshold completely apart, and 4-1 victors. So we're gonna have to be right on our game next Saturday - note to all 'Too-Fast'ers - all leave cancelled, all hands on deck. The 'newbie' 'Virgil' for the 'Five-O's looks pretty handy - gonna have our investigation division check out how we missed out on 'Virgil' in the draft because we don't like missing out on people we should have - anyways we're sending in a trimmed-down Geoff next Saturday to sort out Virgil' and put us 'TooFasts' 1-0 up to give us the head-start that we'll be wanting.

Thank you very much for your scoring and updates today PJ, accurate, entertaining, and exemplary as always....much appreciated.  👍

Geoff and I will be at Ellerslie next Saturday ….but keeping a close eye on proceedings in PJ Super Comp land. Thank you very much John and Maxi for offering your services for scoring and updates next Saturday. It's thanks to you guys that these Super Comps carry on seamlessly when PJ has commitments on a Saturday. Much appreciated. 👍   

• Like 6

Cheers, Howie ..a fine 'Comeback' in the last race to salvage points with Grey Shadow, and avoiding a whitewash. Brilliant stuff from Robert and Steve P. I do feel sad for AK's Brown Fox who picked seven winners, amassed a fab score ...and lost! Congrats to the all the Animals, though, the team came out firing and held on nicely after slipping clear at the turn ..well done, Mooseman, Rob and Heather

Howie, these matches are so enjoyable becos they turn on such small margins .....if, for example, you had selected the fave Be Goodtoya Mother ($2.60) you'd have beaten Heather and won the match 3-2....and if Miss Iona hadn't been snouted out by Grey Shadow in the last, it would have been 5-zip to AK. 

As the old saying goes, IF is the biggest word in racing.

Thoroughly enjoyed the match-ups yesterday, best wishes for the next round...a long long way to go.
Thanks for scoring updates PJ -you had a very good day yourself, I see,on a day of many excellent scores.

MM

D:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Welcome back Howie.  There may be a detractor or two (no, just one) when it comes to your post match reviews but I'm a big fan - better than a Sunday morning sermon and nice to have you back.

But not so nice, that team Five-0 won't be studying twice as hard for the upcoming match.  Team Toofast's storming finish didn't go unnoticed at Five-0 precinct HQ, and we certainly won't be resting on our laurels.

Re Virgil, he is not a newbie - he has just used a series of different names across the different sites - all Liverpool related.  I'm guessing when we move to the next site he will be "Mane" or "Firmino".  The Canes scouting department spotted him early on - he did well in a few individual comps and was a team-mate of Geoff's when they won the final comp on RC and was a member of the Canes team when we won the last provincial (non-draft) comp.  I'm pretty sure he holds the Canes record for number of winners selected on debut.

Won't be happening anytime soon John:classic_smile:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Won't be happening anytime soon John:classic_smile:

Kloppite (9/6-3394.20) v Moose (10/5-3766.60)

Geoff (6/9-2933.20) v Korio (6/9-3164.20)

Hesi (9/6-3310.40) v Rosina (7/8-2796.80)

Cubes (6/9-3607.60) v Skelly (7/8-3080.40)

Roland (8/7-4254.80) v Sarah (9/6-3675.40)

So that would make it either Kloppite or Cubes?

Either way drawing them 2nd up is like finding Winx in your next race.
But unlike yesterday's rookie mistakes of crossing out 3 winners for various reasons, next week there will be no "research" and no "last minute changes".
So onward and upwards. I will be at Ellerslie to keep Howie away from the hotdog stand.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Spot on Geoff, and one of those names is a lot more Liverpool than the other.

You might be ok - Virgil doesn't have a great second-up record, and you were winding up nicely over the final stages yesterday.

Kloppite on RC. Mo Salah on BOAY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Say No More said:

Welcome back Howie.  There may be a detractor or two (no, just one) when it comes to your post match reviews but I'm a big fan - better than a Sunday morning sermon and nice to have you back.

But not so nice, that team Five-0 won't be studying twice as hard for the upcoming match.  Team Toofast's storming finish didn't go unnoticed at Five-0 precinct HQ, and we certainly won't be resting on our laurels.

Re Virgil, he is not a newbie - he has just used a series of different names across the different sites - all Liverpool related.  I'm guessing when we move to the next site he will be "Mane" or "Firmino".  The Canes scouting department spotted him early on - he did well in a few individual comps and was a team-mate of Geoff's when they won the final comp on RC and was a member of the Canes team when we won the last provincial (non-draft) comp.  I'm pretty sure he holds the Canes record for number of winners selected on debut.

Awww come on John , just because I had my concordance and thesaurus at the ready , without the sermons it would be a boring old comp. Keep it up Howie and Max, and I will continue the ( tounge in cheek) jibes. Much like the ongoing story of Gee flying for the Imperial Air force, and now with sidekicks.😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Yep we were lucky enough to dodge the Imperial Air force yesterday - other teams might not be so lucky.

Were those A6M Zeroes able to fly under the radar?

Gee John(:classic_rolleyes:), you must be a WW2 fighter plane trainspotter to be that precise

4 hours ago, Say No More said:

Re Virgil, he is not a newbie - he has just used a series of different names across the different sites - all Liverpool related.  I'm guessing when we move to the next site he will be "Mane" or "Firmino".

FTF not too concerned, anything 'Liverpool' related tends to finish second over a long competition, as we all know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Say No More said:

Spot on Geoff, and one of those names is a lot more Liverpool than the other.

You might be ok - Virgil doesn't have a great second-up record, and you were winding up nicely over the final stages yesterday.

So was Te Akau Shark but he didn't pay a win dividend either ...LOL

Sing along with me now ..."but that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone "...

There are going to be some great individual matches in the next two months or so...FAB.

• Like 1

And now, just what you've all been waiting for... a Mustelid Media Statement

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"It has recently come to the Mustelid's attention  that said Mustelid has been named as a "detractor" of the short novels published on this thread by rival capitano Howie, he of the "Fartoo Brigade" and (until yesterday's near-down-trou) the hellishly hot faves to win PJ's SuperDuper Spring Comp 2019 Edition.

For sake of eternal clarity, Mustelid Maximus declares he is an avid reader of said Howie's novellas, is looking forward to a new one each week, (just like the good ol' days of Charlie Farley Dickens) ..and feels Howie should seek commercial sponsorship for these entertaining epistles. There should, however, be a limit on the 'word count'; Mustelid Maximus is of the view that the 369-word intro of yesterday should not under any circumstances be exceeded, as Mustelids such as Maximus have the likes of Mrs W and the Wee Weasels to deal with 24/7, and time is sometimes at a premium on a Saturday.

ENDS

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Maximus said:

And now, just what you've all been waiting for... a Mustelid Media Statement

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"It has recently come to the Mustelid's attention  that said Mustelid has been named as a "detractor" of the short novels published on this thread by rival capitano Howie, he of the "Fartoo Brigade" and (until yesterday's near-down-trou) the hellishly hot faves to win PJ's SuperDuper Spring Comp 2019 Edition.

For sake of eternal clarity, Mustelid Maximus declares he is an avid reader of said Howie's novellas, is looking forward to a new one each week, (just like the good ol' days of Charlie Farley Dickens) ..and feels Howie should seek commercial sponsorship for these entertaining epistles. There should, however, be a limit on the 'word count'; Mustelid Maximus is of the view that the 369-word intro of yesterday should not under any circumstances be exceeded, as Mustelids such as Maximus have the likes of Mrs W and the Wee Weasels to deal with 24/7, and time is sometimes at a premium on a Saturday.

ENDS

Good try Maxi but you aren,t in my League for LIP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Don't flatter yourself Weasel.  Rees knew who I was having a cheeky jibe at, and just in case it's still not clear, it wasn't you.

thanks for the clarification, SNM...I foolishly took advice from the volunteer PR consultant who advised 'getting on the front foot', 'nipping it in the bud' 'damage control' etc ....he must've been sacked by the PM's department 

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1