PWJ

48 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Race 7 - Randwick R5

1st - 3 Libertini W-$1.50 (Wow!!)

2nd - 2 Flit Q-$150.20

Scr: 6, 7

3 FIVE-0 762.00

2 FARTOOFAST 666.20

Everyone bar Craig on the good thing for the day.  Five-0 still lead 3-2.

$244.00 Hesi
$128.60 Howie

$98.00 Virgil
$129.60 Geoff

$59.00 Punter Pete
$216.80 Steve P

$227.00 Craig
$

4 UNDER THE RADAR 707.60

1 WILD BUNCH 574.80

All but Wrinkles on the short priced favourite for Under The Radar, while Roland, Gee and Jen all left out the $1.50 favourite - not their style.  UTR still lead by 4-1.

$112.00 Tom
$358.20 Gordy

$183.20 Sharne
$57.00 Roland

$87.80 PJ
$50.00 Gee

$64.00 Wrinkles
$76.00 Dualis

$260.60 Pete
$33.60 Jen

John I think we are only 3-2 ahead by the looks of it

Round 2 - Sat Aug 24

Race 7 - Randwick R6

1st - 7 Deprive W-$3.20

2nd - 12 Trope Q-$6.10

Scr: 1,8, 14 Sub: 7

(Note for Moose: your personal total has been corrected - had failed to add the $15 Libertini win to your total. Apologies.)

4 ANIMAL KINGDOM  $860.80

1 THE RUSTLERS  $699.40

Rustler Maurice gets the Quiinella and has lasso-ed Moose - at least for now - and teammate Ray has a handy lead on Brown Fox (Graeme). But Heather sneaks away from TC, Maxi is clear of Brian;  and likewise Rob leads Gary.  But plenty of BBs still to come with two to run. 

165.80 Moose

174.40 Maurice

197.80 Maximus

32.00 Brian

111.20 Graeme

226.60 Ray

255.00 Rob

94.00 Gary

229.40 Heather

172.40 The Crucible

Edited by Maximus

apologies all.. the score is 3-2 DUH!!! corrected below

Round 2 - Sat Aug 24

Race 7 - Randwick R6

1st - 7 Deprive W-$3.20

2nd - 12 Trope Q-$6.10

Scr: 1,8, 14 Sub: 7

(Note for Moose: your personal total has been corrected - had failed to add the $15 Libertini win to your total. Apologies.)

3 ANIMAL KINGDOM  $860.80

2 THE RUSTLERS  $699.40

Rustler Maurice gets the Quiinella and has lasso-ed Moose - at least for now - and teammate Ray has a handy lead on Brown Fox (Graeme). But Heather sneaks away from TC, Maxi is clear of Brian;  and likewise Rob leads Gary.  But plenty of BBs still to come with two to run. 

165.80 Moose

174.40 Maurice

197.80 Maximus

32.00 Brian

111.20 Graeme

226.60 Ray

255.00 Rob

94.00 Gary

229.40 Heather

172.40 The Crucible

• Like 1

Race 9 - Randwick R7

1st - 6 Samadoubt W-$41.00   (none of the 40 entrants gave this one a chance)

2nd - 2 Happy Clapper Q- $120.70

Scr: All start 

3 ANIMAL KINGDOM  $860.80

2 THE RUSTLERS  $699.40

Everyone missed Bjorn's bolter.

165.80 Moose

174.40 Maurice

197.80 Maximus

32.00 Brian

111.20 Graeme

226.60 Ray

255.00 Rob

94.00 Gary

229.40 Heather

172.40 The Crucible

Edited by Maximus

4 minutes ago, Zig said:

Fav in the last should be enough to knock La bOdEGa out😎

Done and dusted. Bugger Ian snaffling you before I got in, well done bragging rights to you first up. Mind you Paul did well today and Ashoka had a blinder. We all need to be on the same page , but early days, Jokers to be played and things can turn in a flash. Thanks team, sorry the Captain went AWOL, and well done Dynamite , someone lit the fuse again.

Thank you very much today, John,  for another superb effort scoring and updating for us. Much appreciated.👍

Another top effort from our 'FarTooFast' expert StevieP ...however the day and congratulations belong to John and his 'Five-O's.... proving too strong for us 'TooFasts' in the run to the line . Certainly franking their status as ruling 2nd favourites to take out this Spring Comp, behind the 'red hots' 'Under The Radar' carrying on their winning way today. A lot of quality in this Spring Comp.

Well done to my opponent Hesi …. much too strong for me today aided in particular by an astute BB on 'Lacustre.' Well spotted, my friend.

'FarTooFast' off to a very quiet start to this comp, yet to hit our 'groove' as a team, but this is a long competition and there's plenty of time for us to make our mark on proceedings.  

When the winning post beckons come November, we'll be there ! Absolutely.

I'm still with me, Rees. 😃.

• Like 2

Race 10 - Randwick R8

1st – 4 Mizzy W-$3.00   (none of the 40 entrants gave this one a chance)

2nd – 5  Soothing Q- $32.80

Scr: 14   Sub:  4

4 ANIMAL KINGDOM  $1180.40

1 THE RUSTLERS        $849.40

There was trouble at the korral in the last, despite 6 of the 10 tipsters labelling the winner …as The Moose broke free from leading Rustler Maurice with a tasty ($131.20) BBQ of his own, to be his team’s MVP in a 4-1 AKs victory. Only Rustler Ray held sway head to head (his BB on Lacustre in the Ellerslie feature being crucial in beating Graeme). Beasts’ Heather, Rob and captain Maximus posted reasonable totals on a day when quite a few short-priced faves got home and picking the right ruffie was …difficult.
No bonus points were earned, so it looks like 3 comp points to the AKs and 0 pts to The Rustlers - subject to confirmation by the whizz kid PJ.

357.00 Moose

204.40 Maurice

197.80 Maximus

62.00 Brian

111.20 Graeme

226.60 Ray

255.00 Rob

154.00 Gary

259.40 Heather

202.40 The Crucible

• Like 2

Well done team Dynamite explosive start

Nice picking Ziggy Rocky J Mac next week for you SNO they call it the bounce back factor

Ziggy sent me a PM before the draft telling me he was in good form and god bless him he hasn’t failed to deliver well done champ i’ve already had a few enquiring about how much I had to fork out for you bro don’t worry I’m sure we can work out something if your price goes through the roof

Thanks for scoring John supremacy supreme and did I mention Tommy Berry in the Jockey challenge hope you got plenty

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Thank you very much today, John,  for another superb effort scoring and updating for us. Much appreciated.👍

Another top effort from our 'FarTooFast' expert StevieP ...however the day and congratulations belong to John and his 'Five-O's.... proving too strong for us 'TooFasts' in the run to the line . Certainly franking their status as ruling 2nd favourites to take out this Spring Comp, behind the 'red hots' 'Under The Radar' carrying on their winning way today. A lot of quality in this Spring Comp.

Well done to my opponent Hesi …. much too strong for me today aided in particular by an astute BB on 'Lacustre.' Well spotted, my friend.

'FarTooFast' off to a very quiet start to this comp, yet to hit our 'groove' as a team, but this is a long competition and there's plenty of time for us to make our mark on proceedings.  

When the winning post beckons come November, we'll be there ! Absolutely.

I'm still with me, Rees. 😃.

Thanks Howie, you know I don't like beating you, but have to for the team.  No doubt we'll meet again

Thanks for scoring John, usually a thankless task, but much appreciated

• Like 1

Round 3 - Saturday Aug 31

Meetings are Hastings and Caulfield

UNDER THE RADAR (4th) vs DYNAMITE (1st)
Wrinkles v Junior Mac
PJ v Rocky
Pete v Ian
Tom v Stevie N
Sharne v Ziggy

FIVE-O (2nd) vs THE RUSTLERS (7th)
Craig v The Crucible
Hesi v Maurice
Punter Pete v Brian
John v Ray
Virgil v Gary

LA BODEGA (6th) vs ANIMAL KINGDOM (3rd)
Rees v Heather
Rex v Maximus
Paul v Rob
Richie v Moose
Ashoka v Graeme

FARTOOFAST (5th) vs THE WILD BUNCH (8th)
Steve P v Roland
Robert v Jen
Jack v Gee
Howie v Gordy
Geoff v Dualis

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PWJ said:

FIVE-O (2nd) vs THE RUSTLERS (7th)
Craig v The Crucible
Hesi v Maurice
Punter Pete v Brian
John v Ray
Virgil v Gary

Where's the morbid sense of humour PJ

John v TC ?

HTD here we come

Thanks for the match, Rustlers,commiserations. The lassos were out for a while there but thank goodness your aim was off at roundup time. Well played, Animals, fab day for Moose in particular with that BB Quinella  If Soothing had won the last (blocked for a run at a crucial time) the AKs would have really headed for the hills, as three beasts had Soothing as a best bet - at 21-1 !! That's racing. We'll take the 3pts and move on.

MM

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PWJ said:

Well thank goodness for that ! …. Hastings and Caulfield …..  I think that the more astute amongst you will have noted that us 'FarTooFast's are unbeaten at Hastings this Spring campagn. The portents are good  for us 'TooFasts' as we set out in hot pursuit of the 'Feisty 4' who have opened up a gap on the trailing '4'.

As I endeavour to break my personal 'duck-egg' this campaign it is a sobering realisation that I'm up against yesterday's All-Teams' Top Scorer, my ole Blues Brother Gordy.  Bit like graduating to Open Company and first trip out finding yourself up against Te Akau Shark. 😮 Hopefully Gordy will rein it in a bit this coming Saturday so I can keep him in sight.

Moment of Truth for the  'Red Hots' this week …. up against the runaway leaders the 'Dynamite'. 'Dynamite' have sprung the gates with wings on every hoof …. clear 3rd favourites at this early stage of proceedings to win this Spring Comp … but closing in rapidly on the 'Five-Os' and next step up, the 'Red Hots'  This coming Saturday we'll find out if the 'Red Hots' really are the real deal. No pressure. ☺️

Have a great week everyone. I'm off to study up. No fields yet, but I'll study up anyway. Preparation is everything. No need to hit the panic button and resort to Geoff's dart board. Not yet.

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Hesi pinned this topic