The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Many thanks PJ for running this comp,

I think it's the 1st time I  have ever made the final let alone be in the winning team.

As an aside I read on racing.com that Linda Meech got fined and or suspended for her ride on Jamaican Rain for excessive whip use.

Whilst it hits the jockey in the pocket......when it's such a close finish the owners,trainers and punters of any of the other 3 must feel a little peeved.

race-9.jpg

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

Many thanks PJ for running this comp,

I think it's the 1st time I  have ever made the final let alone be in the winning team.

As an aside I read on racing.com that Linda Meech got fined and or suspended for her ride on Jamaican Rain for excessive whip use.

Whilst it hits the jockey in the pocket......when it's such a close finish the owners,trainers and punters of any of the other 3 must feel a little peeved.

race-9.jpg

Yeah it's a contentious issue. There's a good argument for demotion of a horse in those circumstances. The argument against it is that a demotion would punish other parties not responsible for the illegal action - i.e. owners, trainer, breeder. I think that would be able to be challenged in a court of law. The argument against THAT is the same thing happens in a disqualification if a jockey weighs in light. Don't have the answerI'm afraid but good discussion point.

12 minutes ago, VvD said:

Just 12 inches and the small matter of Sweet Scandal who finished second and who would have given Five-0 a 4-1 win.

Thanks Peter for the comp and thanks John and team Five-0 - it was a lot of fun - YNWA!

Nice to finally win something after a second in Mardy's comp and a second in RC's Losers Get Laid.   And yes Steve P I haven't forgotten about another close second earlier this year :)

Maximus - thanks for the kind offer of the prizepack, but I don't need it and will pass on it thanks.  Please keep it for yourself or please give it to another worthy recipient.

and the final word goes to Steve McGarrett:

BOOK 'EM DANNO!

Shame on you for laying Nature Strip

• PWJ unpinned this topic