2nd - 4 Qafila Q- $13.60

Scr: nil

4 UNDER THE RADAR (4th)

$1122.60

3 points 

1 DYNAMITE (1st)

$944.60

0 points

Under The Radar had it won before the last but finished with BBs from Sharne and Pete plus a quinella from Man of the Match PJ. Dynamite's final collects came via BBs from Stevie and Ian plus another win from Rocky. Sharne's BB on the sub was enough to get her past Ziggy and claim a bonus point for a 4-1 margin.

94.00 Wrinkles 

211.00 Junior Mac

357.20 PJ 

191.60 Rocky

284.20 Pete

237.20 Ian

217.20 Tom 

151.00 Stevie N

170.00 Sharne 

153.80 Ziggy

5 FIVE-O (2nd)

$1133.00

4 points 

0 THE RUSTLERS (7th)

$621.00

0 points

The Five-Os were another side to wrap it up well before the finale and took final collects from Punter Pete (a BB) and Hesi. The Rustlers final $$ coming care of Gary and their MVP Brian. Virgil, with 8 winners was Man of the Match. The Five-Os took two bonus points for the Five-O margin. Well done people !

127.00 Craig

109.00 The Crucible

238.00 Hesi 

89.00 Maurice

275.20 Punter Pete 

203.00 Brian

196.00 John 

70.00 Ray

296.80 Virgil

150.00 Gary

1 LA BODEGA (6th)

$735.00

0 points 

4 ANIMAL KINGDOM (3rd)

$1000.20

3 points

La Bodega needed Night's Watch or Antah to turn the match around and while the latter loomed up on straightening but weakened, Night's Watch couldn't really get clear until it was all over. Richie nailed his 7th winner for them in the last. Final scorers for Animal Kingdom were Moose with a quinella, Graeme with a BB and Captain Max with a BB which finally got him past Rex to seal a 4-1 margin and bonus point. Moose, with a big tally, was a clear Man of the Match while Ashoka edged Richie for La Bodega MVP honours.

86.00 Rees

124.00 Heather

75.00 Rex 

99.00 Maximus

106.00 Paul 

113.80 Rob

230.20 Richie 

522.40 Moose

237.80 Ashoka 

141.00 Graeme

1 FARTOOFAST * (5th) 

$817.40

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

4 THE WILD BUNCH (8th)

$1152.40

3 points

Fartoofast gambled on the Wild Bunch not getting their mojo back and came unstuck with their Joker play coming to nought. Two of their players - Geoff and MVP Robert each labelled 7 winners including the last. The Wild Bunch ended the day with wins from Gordy and Jen (each bagging BBs ) plus Dualis (7 winners also). Gordy's winner saw him nail Blues bro Howie  and hand the Wild Bunch a bonus point for a 4-1 margin. Captain Roland, returning to form, was Man of the Match.

69.00 Steve P 

364.60 Roland

293.40 Robert 

135.00 Jen

144.00 Jack 

248.00 Gee

74.00 Howie 

98.00 Gordy

237.00 Geoff 

307.20 Dualis

TABLE after ROUND 3

1st 10 FIVE-0 $4,128.80

2nd 9 ANIMAL KINGDOM $3,849.60

3rd 8 DYNAMITE $3,739.40

4th 8 UNDER THE RADAR $3,527.20

5th 3 THE WILD BUNCH $2,751.00

6th 1 FARTOOFAST* $3,427.80

7th 0 LA BODEGA $3,067.40

8th 0 THE RUSTLERS $2,376.80

* Joker played

Five'Os 5-zip win took them to the top of the table with Animal Kingdom also gaining a place after winning. Dynamite's defeat cost them two spots while their conquerors - Under The Radar - remain 4th but have a 5-point cushion over the chasing pack. The Wild Bunch's win rocketed them up 3 places causing a a one spot slide for the day's 3 other losers. Is the league dividing into two divisions ??

STATS 

Best Scores
522.40 Moose
364.60 Roland
357.20 PJ
307.20 Dualis
296.80 Virgil

Worst Scores 
86.00 Rees

75.00 Rex

74.00 Howie

70.00 Ray
69.00 Steve P

Most Wins

8 PJ

7 Virgil

7 Richie

7 Dualis

7 Ian

7 Geoff

7 Robert

Most Quinellas

3 Junior Mac

3 PJ

2 Punter Pete

2 Virgil

2 Moose

2 Roland

2 Dualis

2 Pete 

Biggest Winning Margin
364.60 Roland

69.00 Steve P

Narrowest Winning Margin
113.80 Rob

106.00 Paul

Highest Losing Score
237.20 Ian

Lowest Winning Score
98.00 Gordy

Yeeesh  we can't buy a trick at the mo. A cunning plan is brewing for nxt week. Richie , I feel for you mate. 6 winners one week, 7 the nxt but get bloused both times, no justice .

Thanks again team, only 3 weeks in but nxt week will be a defining moment for us.i will keep you posted.

Well done Animals, just sneaked past us .

• Like 2

Round 4 - Sat Sep 7

Meetings will be Ellerslie, Wanganui, Moonee Valley & Randwick

UNDER THE RADAR (4th) vs ANIMAL KINGDOM (2nd)
Sharne v Rob
Wrinkles v Heather
Pete v Maximus
PJ v Graeme
Tom v Moose

HTD amended to:

Sharne v Heather
Wrinkles v Graeme
PJ v Maximus
Pete v Rob
Tom v Moose

THE WILD BUNCH (5th) vs DYNAMITE (2nd)
Dualis v Ziggy
Jen v Stevie N
Roland v Rocky
Gordy v Junior Mac
Gee v Ian

FIVE-O (1st) vs LA BODEGA (7th)
Virgil v Ashoka
John v Rex
Craig v Richie
Punter Pete v Paul
Hesi v Rees

HTD amended to:

Virgil v Rex
John v Ashoka
Craig v Richie
Punter Pete v Paul
Hesi v Rees

FARTOOFAST (6th) vs THE RUSTLERS (8th)
Jack v Maurice
Howie v Gary
Geoff v Ray
Robert v The Crucible
Steve P v Brian

10 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeeesh  we can't buy a trick at the mo. A cunning plan is brewing for nxt week. Richie , I feel for you mate. 6 winners one week, 7 the nxt but get bloused both times, no justice .

Thanks again team, only 3 weeks in but nxt week will be a defining moment for us.i will keep you posted.

Now let me guess Rees. The nuclear option 😁?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Rees, welcome to the pleasure dome(no blow up dolls though), looks like I'm playing you next week:classic_smile:

One of the downsides to getting a bit older is that the memory can flicker in and out ….sometimes it vanishes for a day even.

I know I woke up yesterday and the sun was shining and I was all set for a big day ahead... plans all set in place.

And yet here I am waking Sunday morning and I absolutely can't remember a thing about yesterday ...something must have happened (hopefully good) ….but my mind is a complete fog about yesterday's events. Things must have happened fartoofast for me, and I ended up with a brain 'overload'. 😄

Seriously though, well done to The Wild Bunch yesterday …. we came a marchin' in all loaded up with the Joker …. and they repelled the attack with interest. Some of their number come in for a bit of light-hearted "ribbing" about some of their, on the face of it, "hairy" selections in the $30+ range, but hey it can be effective and yesterday was a perfect example, especially when more than one of them find the same "roughie". So all credit to 'The Wild Bunch'. Keep on doing what you do well, and especially congrats to my Mighty Blues buddy Gordy ...too strong for me in the run home and a worthy winner of our personal match-up.

It's the first day of Spring, it's Father's Day …. plenty of reason for optimism and we 'Toofasts' look forward to rising again and shaking up some of those high=flying teams who think they may have our number.

Wishing a Happy Fathers Day to all us fathers and grandfathers - and a very happy and successful Spring.

Thanks again PJ for this latest version of your wonderful comps …. always very much appreciated. We 'Fartoofast's will be joining in very soon. 😊 

• Like 4

Special mention of our 'FarTooFast' star player Robert (Double R) …. has been enjoying a highly successful start to this Spring Comp campaign ….  carrying on a fine PJ Comp tradition of players picked late in the 'Draft' who quickly go on to enjoy considerable success. Well done, Sir ! 👍

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TooFast said:

One of the downsides to getting a bit older is that the memory can flicker in and out ….sometimes it vanishes for a day even.

I know I woke up yesterday and the sun was shining and I was all set for a big day ahead... plans all set in place.

And yet here I am waking Sunday morning and I absolutely can't remember a thing about yesterday ...something must have happened (hopefully good) ….but my mind is a complete fog about yesterday's events. Things must have happened fartoofast for me, and I ended up with a brain 'overload'. 😄

I am younger so my memory is unfortunately a bit better...

I remember this from the "inter-team communications" earlier this week..
Geoff: "With us playing the joker, I wonder if it would not be prudent for someone to post late, just in case there was one roughie that more than 2 of them end up on?"
Howie: "I'll post late this Saturday, as Geoff's advice has real merit. I'll be looking out for any longshot that 2 or more of our opposition have - as  a Team Profit point x2 for the Joker play would be some consolation in the unlikely event that we lose the match."

And yesterday ...
Captain Corporal Private Howie: "that's right, I'm the only one on the planet not on 'Cutadeel'. I will always walk in the direction my heart tells me to go, even if I must walk alone. 😊)"

those two memories will haunt for years to come I am thinking 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is your favourite mighty Mustelid reporting in for a post-duty wrap ...thanx for all your cards 'n letters 'n posts of concern ...MM was INDISPOSED last night and that''s all I have to say about that (except that Mrs W looks a tad dishevelled this morning...she looks the way I feel.)

So, on behalf of ANIMAL KINGDOM, our thanks and commiserations are lovingly extended to the finest wine quaffers of all time LA BODEGA, (cin cin!) who somehow let us pip them at the post in a day of fairly average tipping. Exception being the in-form Moose, whose antlers keep on growing. Well done, mate. And to think captain Maxi nearly played the Joker but chickened out! (He also committed the cardinal sin of changing his mind, removing Cutadeel and Melody Belle (BB) from his picks at the last minute. Arrrggghhh!)

Message for Howie: Hang on in there, tis early days. Save your best for Five-O, please.

Message for PJ: 8 out of 10 ain't bad, you're on fiyahh! And just because of your remark about one MM 'trying for the lowest winning score and missing by $1', I am pulling out the HTD card for next week. Read it and weep. Please adjust your fabulous master spreadsheet and scoring software accordingly, maestro.

Sharne v Heather
Wrinkles v Graeme
PJ v Maximus
Pete v Rob
Tom v Moos e

PS: Get well soon, Rex. Thanks for making the effort to post yesterday when you weren't feeling too good. That was a tight match, thought you had me covered! Better luck next week ...SAY NO MORE!!!

MM

• Like 2