Craig's 5 Winners Spring Summer Comp Second to Last Day Feb 22
Sir Gee Gee's(Sir Gallivant/Rex) HARNESS Comp continues FEB 23RD OAMARU - BURNIE
Sign in to follow this  
Hesi

ENTRY THREAD

Dexter You Devil    ~~    Claire 
Mongolian Marshal    ~~    Claire 
Kubrick    ~~    Claire 

Up to date [1810] list of "LIVE" selections:

Brian        ~~    Hilo    Cliff's Edge    The Velvet King
Betty        ~~    Serengeti    Stampede    Pohutukawa
Rosina        ~~    Demerara    Osborne Bulls    Wolfe
Isaac        ~~    Celestal Falls    Belieber    Raptures
Damion        ~~    Miss Leonidas    Samadoubt    Avilius
Claire        ~~    Dexter You Devil    Mong Marshall    Kubrick
Maureen        ~~    Constaninople    Cosmic Force    Star of the Seas
Lisa        ~~    Brutal    Renewal    Pohutukawa
Paddy        ~~    Tally    Flirtini    Mr Quikie

THANKS ALAN

Late Mail...G3 at Ashburton

Betty        ~~    Miss Federer    Serengeti    Pohutukawa

Isaac    ~~    Celestal Falls    Belieber    Into the Abyss
Damion    ~~    Steel Prince    Samadoubt    Avilius
Claire    ~~    Dexter You Devil    Long Jack    Kubrick

Thanks Alan

Brian        ~~    Mr Quickie    Romancer    Lys Gracieux
Betty        ~~    Aotea Lad    Attention Run    Pohutukawa
Rosina        ~~    Villami    Osborne Bulls    Sikandarabad
Isaac        ~~    Lys Gracieux    Belieber    Diamond Thunder
Damion        ~~    Secret Allure    Music Bay    Avilius
Claire        ~~    Condo's Express    Miss West Coast    Kubrick
Maureen        ~~    Zentessa    Tellem We're Comin    Bivouac
Lisa        ~~    Battenburg    De La Terre    Pohutukawa
Paddy        ~~    It' A Deel    Reelem in Ruby    Mr Quikie

You lost me, as well as most others, weeks ago Brian.  Now that could be put down to the increased alcohol intake since the RWC started, other than that, I have no idea what you are doing.

The idea was to pick 3 horses, that you stick with for the duration of the comp, unless you want to sub in at any stage, which will cost you 500 points per horse

Alan....we only want a runner in each race....accept the 500 point penalty [sic] for changing. This comp will not be won by any tipster posting three horses for the duration, in fact the winner will probably be a punter scoring in the negative...One of the Whanau may win with enough winners.

Suggest you check our wins to date and include in your results....Please !!!

Cheers

Brian

17 hours ago, Mafioso said:

... in fact the winner will probably be a punter scoring in the negative

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case - there are a bunch of us on 1,000 points and if at least one of us makes no subs during the comp we will finish on 1,000 points.

Unless you're attacking the double and triple points races, your expected return from a sub is negative.  And even for double and triple points races it is marginal unless you have a short priced favourite. 

Double/triple points aside, if you make a sub the horse needs to win at least 2 group or listed races to possibly generate a positive return - if it only wins one race, it needs to be a Group 1 race for you to just break even.

This comp might come down to who can make a sub and nail the triple points at Ellerslie in March.

Having said all of that, I do take your underlying point - the leaderboard should reflect all sub penalties and all winners.

1 hour ago, VvD said:

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case - there are a bunch of us on 1,000 points and if at least one of us makes no subs during the comp we will finish on 1,000 points.

Unless you're attacking the double and triple points races, your expected return from a sub is negative.  And even for double and triple points races it is marginal unless you have a short priced favourite. 

Double/triple points aside, if you make a sub the horse needs to win at least 2 group or listed races to possibly generate a positive return - if it only wins one race, it needs to be a Group 1 race for you to just break even.

This comp might come down to who can make a sub and nail the triple points at Ellerslie in March.

Having said all of that, I do take your underlying point - the leaderboard should reflect all sub penalties and all winners. that

Well spoken Sir !!

Unfortuneatly the leaderboard has not been updated since the 24th Oct and hence the Cox Plate day points are awaited.

I note that your position has dropped from  1st to 19th are you going to wait for March to collect on  Auck Cup & Derby ??

There are 2 people on 1500 points, several on 1300 and quite a few more on 1000.  Where did all this, the comp will be won by negative points come from.

As Virgil has suggested, the comp will be won by those that picked well in the first place, and strategic subbing in the double and triple scoring races.  Surprised no one tried it on with Lys Gracieux.

Brian, feel free to update yours and the whanau's leaderboard(I won't be), but when you get to about minus 10,000 points, I'd give up

I deliberately put this format in place, because my time is at a premium over the Spring and I don't want to be scrolling through a new set of picks by everyone, each race day.

As it turns out, I think the scoring and penalties, needs a bit of fine tuning, but that is now inadvisable, now that we are well into the comp.

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

There are 2 people on 1500 points, several on 1300 and quite a few more on 1000.  Where did all this, the comp will be won by negative points come from.

As Virgil has suggested, the comp will be won by those that picked well in the first place, and strategic subbing in the double and triple scoring races.  Surprised no one tried it on with Lys Gracieux.

Brian, feel free to update yours and the whanau's leaderboard(I won't be), but when you get to about minus 10,000 points, I'd give up

I deliberately put this format in place, because my time is at a premium over the Spring and I don't want to be scrolling through a new set of picks by everyone, each race day.

As it turns out, I think the scoring and penalties, needs a bit of fine tuning, but that is now inadvisable, now that we are well into the comp.

Alan..back in Septembee I did try to address the contrast between points and penalties, but you didn't have your hearing aids turned on

I did have the Cox Plate winner yesterday and am disappointed you refuse to score the double or any points.

Now to case the minus 10,000

Brian, I said, if you wish, you score yourself and the whanau.  If you or any of the whanau happen to out score those others in the comp, then of course, I will honour the prize.....set in concrete(ouch)

2810    ~~    6.7.1    ~~    Bella Mente    ~~    Betty    Attention Run    Pohutukawa

27 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Brian, I said, if you wish, you score yourself and the whanau.  If you or any of the whanau happen to out score those others in the comp, then of course, I will honour the prize.....set in concrete(ouch)

Thanks Alan

Brian 211    

12.5.2    Melody Belle
12.6.2 Bivouac    
12.7.1    Shadow Hero

The remainder of the Whanau have dropped out of this comp and are competing separately for the 10 crayfish for Christmas.

Cheers

Brian

On 8/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, richie said:

Avilius

Mystic Journey

Alizee 

Thanks team

Please replace all of my current selections with the following 

Santa Ana Lane

Melody Belle

Catalyst

Thanks mate