The Race Place

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

Maximus

11 minutes ago, Maximus said:

not to mention sheer galloping ability

What will they target with her? Most heavily backed in the Cox Plate of the big events. I would have thought a Caulfield Cup would suit her, that's if she runs out a strong 2400m. Won the Oaks, but the CC would likely be a different story.

If Waller has got her to truly relax, the sky's the limit...I wonder though if she's as good left-handed as right handed. Seemed to have trouble settling in Vic last season, unless I'm getting mixed up. May havr had more to do with immaturity than what leg to lead with!

She will probably have her work cut out winning a Melbourne Cup - she is however, the lowest priced runner not from the NH in the betfair market. To win that, I'd say she would have to have come back a lot better than last season. Which is always a big question mark with quality 3yo fillies. Time will tell.

18 hours ago, Hesi said:

Best form has been on heavy and soft tracks

All previous starts in Aus have been against her own age group.  First start against the serious G1 horses.  Perhaps she is not as good as people have judged 

i wont be writing her off just yet...happy to see if she improves 2nd up ... didn't watch the race closely but heard commentator say she was pulling...if back to her old tricks she wont be competitive at the top level 

there's a few ...if its reasonably recent the one that comes to mind is Rising Romance...won the ATC Oaks and wasn't sharp enough to beat the older horses in spring sprints, came into her own over a longer trip and nearly stole a Caulfield Cup.

Verry Elleegant was less than 4L from them yesterday, not disgraced.

Edited by Maximus

On 8/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Hesi said:

Was thinking  Bonneval but maybe not

She won a couple of G1's in Aus really well but then went off the boil and never  came back

On 8/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Hesi said:

Was thinking  Bonneval but maybe not

She won a couple of G1's in Aus really well but then went off the boil and never  came back

After cleaning up the longer fillies events at 3, (Oaks here and Sydney) Bonneval resumed as a spring 4yo by winning the Grp2 Feehan Stakes (1600m) and the Grp 1 Underwood (beating Hartnell, Gailo Chop) then finished down the track in Caulfield Stakes and Caulfield Cup. Never raced again - injured, I think after trialling in NZ the following spring.