The Race Place

whats going on here?

Maximus

W Pinn (EMPRESS QI) – Admitted a charge of improper riding in that he commenced to jag on the mouth of EMPRESS QI on pulling up after the race and continued to do so while returning to the saddling enclosure. After considering submissions the Judicial Committee suspended W Pinn’s licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Sunday 09 May up to and including racing on Saturday 29 May, 13 national riding days

12 minutes ago, Maximus said:

W Pinn (EMPRESS QI) – Admitted a charge of improper riding in that he commenced to jag on the mouth of EMPRESS QI on pulling up after the race and continued to do so while returning to the saddling enclosure. After considering submissions the Judicial Committee suspended W Pinn’s licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Sunday 09 May up to and including racing on Saturday 29 May, 13 national riding days

My horse I backed. He is a rider you take your chances on. I commented on a couple a while ago that he never tried in the home straight and they came out next start to win a big odds. He was questioned over the rides. He was once again questioned on his riding tactics on EQ during the race.

Edited by LookingForValue

21 minutes ago, Freda said:

That is the growth industry of the 21st century.   We boomers just got our ears clipped and got on with stuff.

Agree, saying it is likely to get you in trouble

What's next, 5 days mental health leave.

My line to my off spring is, we need another war, to appreciate the freedoms we have.  They look at me???????????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

A total of 9 weeks suspension

Whangarei Racing Club - Wednesday 05 May 2021 Race 3 HOMESTEAD SPORTSBAR REUBEN LEWIS MEMORIAL 1400 W Pinn admitted a breach within the meaning of Rule 636(1)(b) in that being the holder of a Class B Jockey’s licence he failed to take all reasonable and permissible measures throughout the race to give EMPRESS QI full opportunity to obtain the best possible finishing placing in that he failed to show sufficient vigour in the final straight when it was both reasonable and permissible to do so. After considering submissions the Judicial Committee suspended W Pinn’s licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Saturday 29 May up to and including racing on Saturday 10 July 2021, 6 weeks.

Woodville-Pahiatua Racing Club - Sunday 09 May 2021 Race 9 WOODVILLE-PAHIATUA CUP 1600 metres W Pinn admitted a breach within the meaning of Rule 636(1)(b) in that being the holder of a Class B Jockey’s licence he failed to take all reasonable and permissible measures throughout the race to give NOT SANTA full opportunity to obtain the best possible finishing placing in that he failed to maintain contact with the body of the field allowing NOT SANTA to drift approximately 10 lengths behind the last horse in the race when there was the opportunity to maintain contact with the body of the field. After considering submissions the Judicial Committee suspended W Pinn’s licence to ride in races from the conclusion of racing on Saturday 10 July up to and including racing on Saturday 31 July 2021, 3 weeks.

Edited by LookingForValue