The Race Place

Audio Quiz Racing and Music - Testing

Hesi

Okay, I have about one third of the questions prepared, 50 are planned

They are not easy, and in some cases I will give a clue.

Here's a sampler of 2 questions, that are not included in the comp when I get it underway

Music Question 1  Name of the song? Probably the one thing I have learn't since being on these chat forums - 1 point

Racing Question 1 2 parts 

What race is this, race and year? - 1 point (clues, it is a G1, it was won by an                                           outsider, who then won it's next race, also a G1, the trainer is a kiwi

How was the horse probably named - 1 point

Sample question Music.mp3 Sample question Racing.mp3

1 minute ago, LookingForValue said:

Racing question 1: He's No Pie Eater winning 2007 Chipping Norton Stakes. Unfortunately he broke down a little later in track work and was euthanised. 

Broke his shoulder, according to Rogerson, he was being planned for stallion work and was valued at 10 million, and was insured for 5 million.

Now, how did the name most likely come about

Bruce Reid's children named him in memory of their father. Originally criminals who were press ganged in to the army deserted and as they still had their uniforms, lived off the free pies from the army buffet in Hyde Park. It was later taken to mean "Don't listen to him, he's just a pie eater". Reid adapted it to refer to athletes who were competing against David, his son. The opposition was overweight and just a pie eater. The threat (his son) "he's no pie eater"

Edited by LookingForValue
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LookingForValue said:

Bruce Reid's children named him in memory of their father. Originally criminals who were press ganged in to the army deserted and as they still had their uniforms, lived off the free pies from the army buffet in Hyde Park. It was later taken to mean "Don't listen to him, he's just a pie eater". Reid adapted it to refer to athletes who were competing against David, his son. The opposition was overweight and just a pie eater. The threat (his son) "he's no pie eater"

Hes No Pie Eater answer.mp3