The Race Place

Tour de France comp open now

PWJ

27 minutes ago, Hesi said:

What position Rees?.........left right out lol

Started out in the backs , progressed to midfield and then up front. Last year at Rongotai was striker for First 11. Great club Miramar. Was still playing in my 50,s for Douglas Villa up here in Masterton (until I broke my main arch support tendon), and we had a brilliant indoor league in the Stadium until Genesis decided to up the rent and killed it. Typical

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Started out in the backs , progressed to midfield and then up front. Last year at Rongotai was striker for First 11. Great club Miramar. Was still playing in my 50,s for Douglas Villa up here in Masterton (until I broke my main arch support tendon), and we had a brilliant indoor league in the Stadium until Genesis decided to up the rent and killed it. Typical

I spent a summer training and playing for Miramar Rangers. When Fash was there on loan from Norwich. Great club. I also coached at Rongotai College for a season and had played for Karori Swifts earlier

Justin Fashanu. Remember him and he had a brother as well. Bit after my time ,but we used to thrash Karori Swifts, lol.. 

Played Central League 3 for WWMC ,full of beligerant poms who spent most of the time waving their arms in the air and berating the ref. Also played for Nth Wgtn in the same league before moving to the Wairarapa.  Good times

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Justin Fashanu. Remember him and he had a brother as well. Bit after my time ,but we used to thrash Karori Swifts, lol.. 

Played Central League 3 for WWMC ,full of beligerant poms who spent most of the time waving their arms in the air and berating the ref. Also played for Nth Wgtn in the same league before moving to the Wairarapa.  Good times

Yes the Swifts were a very average club. Shittiest team to play was Douglas Villa at home. Always someone sent off !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

I played Central 3 when 16-17 for Kiwi United and sometimes Central 1 or 2 if I was in the first team squad. Played for PNBHS in a Cutler Cup Final against Rongotai and had to mark some shrimpy little 3rd form prodigy they played as an attacking midfielder. Ran rings around me although I got in a couple of tackles. Turned out his name was Wynton Rufer. 😏Brother Shane was in the same Rongotai team I recall.

• Haha 1