The Race Place

Melbourne Cup Trivia Quiz

Hesi

NG, I see you are being denigrated on the other site, suggesting you are getting your answers from the smart arse who posts answers there.

Let me assure you, no one on this site, for a moment believes that would happen, so please keep it up

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Hesi said:

NG, I see you are being denigrated on the other site, suggesting you are getting your answers from the smart arse who posts answers there.

Let me assure you, no one on this site, for a moment believes that would happen, so please keep it up

Thanks

To be honest Hesi your answer  of Timon put me onto the Wgtn Cup and when PWJ mentioned the Queen it was a quick google and then Good Lord had his own little summary on Wiki.

If my computer skills were 90% better i would know everything but they aren't and i don't.

Sure is a learning curve trying to get these answers.

• Like 1

I think Timon raced in front of the Queen at Ellerslie with Peter Johnson onboard.  I recall also, Lester Piggott rode at Ellerslie.

Bit hazy these days, the morphine has numbed the brain.

Nah, I'm in good health and probably more to do with the Bourbon, Agavero and port:classic_smile:

39 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I think Timon raced in front of the Queen at Ellerslie with Peter Johnson onboard.  I recall also, Lester Piggott rode at Ellerslie.

Bit hazy these days, the morphine has numbed the brain.

Nah, I'm in good health and probably more to do with the Bourbon, Agavero and port:classic_smile:

I recall Piggott winning on SOBAY trained by Jack Taylor which was Piggotts last win in NZ.

From memory Jack also provided W D Skelton with his last win possibly on Greek Meer.Could be awfully wrong on that one.

Rich, you're just a hippie from the 60's and 70's, those 2 horses never won MC's, did they even run in a MC

Unbelievably, I have the answer......and fortunately the Queen was not involved.......Doug.......... or was that Doug's copy and paste stooge

First - Chester

Last - Comedy king

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

Rich, you're just a hippie from the 60's and 70's, those 2 horses never won MC's, did they even run in a MC

Unbelievably, I have the answer......and fortunately the Queen was not involved.......Doug.......... or was that Doug's copy and paste stooge

First - Chester

Last - Comedy king

cheeky sod. I read it wrong. Thought it was to do with a sire having MC winner and being top sire. Too busy updating my form analysis. Did I say cheeky sod?

17 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Yes, well done Alan. Both won the MC and went on to be Champion Sires

Whoopeeee, can't resist this

That arrogant, know all twat ATA(Chief Stipe or his copy and paste crony) on BOAY got it wrong, had Spearfelt as the last.

I don't suppose he is big enough to admit he got it wrong...........just confirms one thing:classic_smile:

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Whoopeeee, can't resist this

That arrogant, know all twat ATA(Chief Stipe or his copy and paste crony) on BOAY got it wrong, had Spearfelt as the last.

I don't suppose he is big enough to admit he got it wrong...........just confirms one thing:classic_smile:

let it go ...let it go ...