The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

Interesting comment on The Daily Blog. I'm not saying whether I agree with it or not - just posting for discussion.

"Most of these new rules are to protect the unvaccinated. When the traffic light system comes into effect, the protective controls of closed businesses & schools, limited numbers, social distancing, seated patrons etc, will no longer be used by businesses using vaccine passports. This means the risks for unvaccinated people increases greatly.

Businesses & schools have a duty of care to their staff & patrons, they can not knowingly allow people to enter an area that is unsafe for them. Hence unvaccinated people are not allowed to enter businesses where the previous infection controls are no longer in place. Likewise if your job would require you to be in an unsafe environment and you are unwilling to take the protective vaccine, your employer can not endanger you by making you work in that environment, so if no alternative is available, you will not be able to carry on working there. The mandates & law changes just make this situation simpler for employers.

Teachers & front facing staff will be facing significant risks if not vaccinated and even if they are happy to face that risk, no caring (or one that doesn’t want to face legal repercussions) employer can allow it.

If you are unvaccinated, this is being done for your protection, now smile & be grateful or get vaccinated now. The gates are going to open soon, whether you like it or not. It’s going to be a very COVID Christmas"

On 10/26/2021 at 8:22 PM, Hesi said:

There is a vaccine passport of sorts already in place.  You can go to this website, register with your email and drivers license or passport, and it shows what your vaccination status is

Easy to show on your phone, with your drivers license as proof of identity

https://app.covid19.health.nz/

Hesi, thanks for pointing this out. Just went on and did the bizo!

This what it looks like.

1766741618_Screenshot2021-10-2809_53_17.thumb.png.e664de33b2f4f10e770d4459ebaf150d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Todd Gibbs is stuck in the United States and is effectively stateless.

"Nobody can understand why I wouldn't be allowed home when I can't legally reside in the United States," he told Newshub. 

His visa has run out but he can't get home. He's now an illegal immigrant, living in fear of being caught. 

"Every day I'm walking a tightrope. If I put a foot wrong anywhere then I do face the risk of deportation."

Memo from Max to Todd:
What's so bad about deportation? You wanna come home, don't you?
Rock up to the nearest police station and be on the first flight to Godzone.

Just an update . At our little protest today in Carterton with about 50 people, there was a large proportion of cars tooting their approval. Nice to see that a lot of NZ;ers can see past their nose .

Lo and behold Chris Fafoi drove past, our minister of Justice and an ex journo. 

And yes we all got the fingers, and our friend standing in the middle of the roundabout was verbally abused with profanitys  . This Prime Minister more than any has blood on her hands.

41 minutes ago, barryb said:

Try being in a lockdown Globe, those of us in Auckland & Waikato are sick to death of this shit.

I can commiserate Barry. We have people here still driving their cars with face masks, in level two. Our RSA has shut down snooker /pool/etc, go nxt door to the Queens Charter club and play happily. Duh. 

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Try being in a lockdown Globe, those of us in Auckland & Waikato are sick to death of this shit.

But at least Barry you are still doing it.

I wear a mask pretty much everywhere in Dunedin.

Did go to a Cafe for Lunch on Friday so I do realise how you must be feeling not being able to do that!

27 minutes ago, barryb said:

Craig, you have no idea mate what its like.

No haircuts, no shops, no gatherings, no visiting anyone, No school, no work for many, no money for shit tonnes of people.

Because of a virus thats had a scare campaign run where someone like you with a less than .1% chance of getting Covid right now is wandering around with a fucking mask on. We are so scare shitless of something thats seen 2 die, 40 odd in hospital from now thousands of infections & billions of $ spent, really?.

The question you Labour guys are too scared to admit is its the Govt's fault the vac rollout is so slow, they took there time becuase they thought they had time & now its become the public's problem. A decent opposition will see them slaughtered at the next election. 

A decent opposition Barry? Ithink you ask too much even tho i agree with you.

Just pointing out

1.  Collins has stated in the past that the Nats would have pursued lockdowns and mandating of vaccines.  Whether they would have managed it like Labour is open to debate, but you have to factor in, that they have lost a huge chunk of their experienced personnel, and they have made a hash of running their own party in the last 18 months.  Hardly inspires confidence.  Any other solutions?

2.  People only started to get serious about vaccination in mid Aug, when Delta was found in Devonport.  Up until then, we had had a long period of no community cases and complacency had set in  This was about the same time(Aug 23) as the FDA gave full approval to the Pfizer vaccine.  Up until then it only had emergency use status.  Now with the ability of people to 'do their own research', how much resistance would there have been.  I can see all the hand wringing now, we are not stuffing something into our body that has emergency use approval only.

3.  These people that proclaim the loss of freedom through lockdowns and mandates, yet refuse to take a fully approved vaccine, what is their solution then, come on tell me what it is?

4.  People who are anti, a fully tested and approved vaccine, yet choose to do their own research and come up with Ivermectin as a solution, a chemical that has not been approved for use against viruses in humans???  That is the mentality of what you are up against

On 11/1/2021 at 4:36 PM, ngakonui grass said:

Very cynical of TV1 to go straight from JA dominating the screen to an add promoting her husbands show.

Apart from Soper does anyone ask unprepared questions.

Its sad that those responsible for creating the problem are in charge of the solution. 

• Like 1

I remember the supercilious Winnie standing on the pulpit of power after mulling over his coalition partner options and telling us all that he had ultimately voted for a 'transformational coalition partner to govern Godzone country. Wonder whether he was expecting such a disgustingly disappointing transformation in such a shirt time:

• crippling public debt to burden the next generations
  • housing, child poverty, health issues worse than ever
  • asset grab looming to take over 'three waters' part of "centralisation of power" ideology
  • countless SMEs dying, dead and/or about to be buried from Covid restrictions
  • inflation rearing its ugly head as the gummit fails to manage economy at all levels
  • gang violence at its worst in years cos Police won't act to punish them

That's just for starters. 

And to think that, after bequeathing Jacinda and Co to us, Winston thinks he can make another comeback!

The ONLY person talking commonsense consistently well through all this Covid-Response nonsnse from Labour is David Seymour ...and Max is not an ACT supporter.

Edited by Maximus

Naughty naughty Leo, pinching other peoples work

SEPTEMBER 23, 2021
The Atlantic
About the author: Craig Spencer is an emergency-medicine physician and director of global health in emergency medicine at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Among the unvaccinated, the virus travels unhindered on a highway with multiple off-ramps and refueling stations. In the vaccinated, it gets lost in a maze of dead-end streets and cul-de-sacs. Every so often, it pieces together an escape route, but in most scenarios, it finds itself cut off, and its journey ends. It can go no further.

Leo Molloy - general expert on everything, Auckland mayoral hopeful Facebook 4 November 2021

The virus is like a car with a bad-arse villain in it, speeding down a motorway being chased by the police.

If there was no vaccine, the car could escape via any off-ramp, side street, overpass, any junction or roundabout. But once the vaccine takes effect, every off-ramp and every side street becomes a cul-de-sac, the virus runs into dead ends, and the cops catch up.

Max happened to see that FB video, Hesi...he makes some very sound points, IMO, and then ruins it at the end by saying it's all about being able to party (at HQ) or words to that effect!

I see he got his just desserts in the Cup Week H2H too!

MM

Edited by Maximus

Much have hit a raw nerve.  Posted on his FB page, pointing out he was plagiarising Craig Spencer, replied that he had read the Spencer article, as he reads a lot of medical journals(The Atlantic is not a medical journal)

Of course he read the Craig Spencer article, how else could he copy it and change it around as above, to look like his own original work

Anyway, obviously caught with his pants down, as everything has been deleted on FB

On 11/2/2021 at 7:36 PM, Maximus said:
  • crippling public debt to burden the next generations (I don't think so)
  • housing, child poverty, health issues worse than ever (Pretty much a long term ongoing issue)
  • asset grab looming to take over 'three waters' part of "centralisation of power" ideology (3 Waters centralisation a great idea in my view, even if the implementation of it requires analysis/amendment)
  • countless SMEs dying, dead and/or about to be buried from Covid restrictions (Yes poorly managed)
  • inflation rearing its ugly head as the gummit fails to manage economy at all levels (Inflation increasing in most first world countries)
  • gang violence at its worst in years cos Police won't act to punish them (possibly - would you rather police were permanently armed?))

And I'm not a supporter of Labour.

Point 3 - 3 waters. What do you think is the issue around a centralised approach to dealing with the 3 Waters assets. The biggest issue I see facing 3 Waters is that elected officials seem incapable of making the hard decisions during their tenure. Ultimately that leads to a pass the buck scenario when things fall apart - which they are. A lot of NZ infrastructure was put in at a similar time - that infrastructure is largely at or past its life expectancy. Councils can't afford to fix it, because a) they don't know where it is broken, and b) they can't increase rates sufficiently to cover it.

Instead, they do a good imitation of an ostrich.

• Like 1