The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

Finland reacted pretty much the same way as NZ

From a Nov 20 news report

1. Finland reacted swiftly

Back in Spring, as the number of infections skyrocketed around the world, the Finnish government reacted promptly and imposed a two-month long lockdown. Travel to and from Helsinki and the surrounding areas was banned. Schools and other institutions were closed, quickly followed by restaurants.

"Finland moved relatively quickly and comprehensively to introduce curbs on public life. It did so around two weeks earlier than other Scandinavian countries like Norway and Denmark, not to mention Sweden," Mika Salminen, director of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), told German public broadcaster Deutschlandfunk Kultur. The lockdown, he said, helped to slow down the spread of the virus.

And from 3 weeks ago, pretty much the same approach as NZ is now looking at

THE GOVERNMENT of Prime Minister Sanna Marin (SDP) on Monday announced it has decided to update its coronavirus strategy to ensure the re-opening of society.

The government confirmed in a news conference that its objective is to scrap the nationwide restrictions and comprehensive recommendations once a minimum of 80 per cent of over 12-year-olds have been vaccinated twice or had the opportunity to receive both vaccine injections.

It has been estimated that the target for vaccine uptake could be reached in mid-October.

well, Rees on the basis of those remarks, all I can say is: 'vive la difference'. You have every right not to accept a jab or two. But when you look at the number of ICU Cases/Deaths from/with Covid vs the number in ICU/Deaths from Anaphylactic Shock/ Thrombosis (and probably all other 'causes')...the odds aren't on your side.

In 10 years time, when half the world's 60+ population has expired from Covid-jab-induced thrombosis leading to heart failure Max may say "you were so right, Rees".

But I'm happy to take one (ywo, actually) for the team, because this glorious country does not have the medical facilities to deal with a shiteload of respiratory illnesses (Covid or not) happening all at once ....and the unvaccinated increase the risk dramatically.

Get the jabs, old son! (and if someone you love needs ICU care for whatever reason, I hope there's a bed for that person, and trained nurses and doctors available to save your loves one's life).

MM

Edited by Maximus

Not any more

Authorities in Finland plan to update the country's COVID-19 international entry restrictions. From Sept. 6, entry will be prohibited for travelers from Australia, Brunei, and Ukraine who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19;

The passenger is not required to have a certificate or COVID-19 test from 1 September onwards when the country or region of departure before arriving in Finland is Hong Kong, China, Macao, Malta, Taiwan, Hungary, New Zealand, 

19 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Not any more

Authorities in Finland plan to update the country's COVID-19 international entry restrictions. From Sept. 6, entry will be prohibited for travelers from Australia, Brunei, and Ukraine who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19;

The passenger is not required to have a certificate or COVID-19 test from 1 September onwards when the country or region of departure before arriving in Finland is Hong Kong, China, Macao, Malta, Taiwan, Hungary, New Zealand, 

And that was what I said .Transiting through NZ to get to Finland. They would have stayed with us for 3 mnths , then gone. Didn't happen as they have an exemption to move back to Victoria.

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

And that was what I said .Transiting through NZ to get to Finland. They would have stayed with us for 3 mnths , then gone. Didn't happen as they have an exemption to move back to Victoria.

So the totalitarian regime could have been quite helpful lol

On 9/26/2021 at 9:33 AM, Hesi said:

Brent, the mystery ingredient is Water

From the Pfizer FDA package

Inactive Ingredients
Ingredient Name Strength
ALC-0159 (UNII: PJH39UMU6H)  
ALC-0315 (UNII: AVX8DX713V)  
POTASSIUM CHLORIDE (UNII: 660YQ98I10)  
MONOBASIC POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE (UNII: 4J9FJ0HL51)  
SODIUM CHLORIDE (UNII: 451W47IQ8X)  
SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC, DIHYDRATE (UNII: 94255I6E2T)  
SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554)  
1,2-DISTEAROYL-SN-GLYCERO-3-PHOSPHOCHOLINE (UNII: 043IPI2M0K)  
CHOLESTEROL (UNII: 97C5T2UQ7J)  
WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)

FAAXl4LFAAXl4LVkAoOHMg.jfifVkAoOHMg.jfif 74.39 kB · 3 downloads

Yes. Given that's the diluted constitution and it's diluted with saline, it's presumably the water. Not sure why they would block it out though. It's hardly a novel excipient.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:57 PM, Maximus said:

You have every right not to accept a jab or two. But when you look at the number of ICU Cases/Deaths from/with Covid vs the number in ICU/Deaths from Anaphylactic Shock/ Thrombosis (and probably all other 'causes')...the odds aren't on your side.

Sorry Max. 1100 odd deaths in Australia from Covid, 70 odd percent over the age of 75, in a population of 26 million. Three time as many as that die each day in Australia from natural causes.

Over 1600 deaths have occured from vaccinations . Go search for the stats, but it takes some doing as they hide it. Its called control, and fear.   Like I said your choice.

That's all from me . History will determine the truth . 

Now back to the racing .

8 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Sorry Max. 1100 odd deaths in Australia from Covid, 70 odd percent over the age of 75, in a population of 26 million. Three time as many as that die each day in Australia from natural causes.

Over 1600 deaths have occured from vaccinations . Go search for the stats, but it takes some doing as they hide it.

1600 deaths in Australia from the vaccine? If that's what you're reading/hearing, I'd question the source of your stats.

I also think your death rates in Australia are a factor out. 300-400 die in Australia per day from all causes, not 3300.

Another aspect to this, when people quote the deaths in Aus and NZ, is that both countries, definitely NZ, have largely kept Covid under control.  If you look at other countries that have not, the death rate is approx 2,000/million

If you pro rata this, then

NZ - 10,000 deaths

Aus - 52,000 deaths

For a start, that would have overwhelmed the facilities in NZ, secondly, it would have had every political commentator in NZ lambasting Ardern and her government for not protecting the people.  You can't win.

58 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Another aspect to this, when people quote the deaths in Aus and NZ, is that both countries, definitely NZ, have largely kept Covid under control.  If you look at other countries that have not, the death rate is approx 2,000/million

If you pro rata this, then

NZ - 10,000 deaths

Aus - 52,000 deaths

For a start, that would have overwhelmed the facilities in NZ, secondly, it would have had every political commentator in NZ lambasting Ardern and her government for not protecting the people.  You can't win.

We are advantaged due to low population density I would think. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, curious said:

Yes. Given that's the diluted constitution and it's diluted with saline, it's presumably the water. Not sure why they would block it out though. It's hardly a novel excipient.

Not sure either, if you follow the link at the top it takes you to a whole lot of data, that is full of (b) (4)'s

https://www.fda.gov/media/151733/download

Blocked in the media release as commercially sensitive, but obviously not blocked in the submission by Pfizer to the FDA??

• Like 1

As an analogy

If they built a new harbour bridge in Auckland, different design to the existing.

What percentage of the population, would feel the need to do their own research into the engineering calculations and construction(which they are not qualified to do), before they used the bridge.

Very few I would suggest, they would trust the knowledge and expertise of professionals involved

How many websites would crop up, saying the bridge is unsafe, and not to use it

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Not sure either, if you follow the link at the top it takes you to a whole lot of data, that is full of (b) (4)'s

https://www.fda.gov/media/151733/download

Blocked in the media release as commercially sensitive, but obviously not blocked in the submission by Pfizer to the FDA??

To protect “confidential corporate information,” the FDA routinely redacts information in warning letters, using (b)(4) to indicate where information has been blacked out.

Warning letters are public, as are obviously media releases.  You would have thought that Physicians for Informed Consent would have been aware that this was FDA standard operating procedure

Redacted, a fairly common practice in legal documents, refers to the process of editing a document to conceal or remove confidential information before disclosure or publication. ..

FDA must be using redacting software that automatically conceals given words, numbers or phrases.

In the case of the redacted UNII for Polyethylene glycol  2000, the UNII is blocked, but there is nothing commercially sensitive there, you can find it on the internet in about 30 seconds.

No conspiracies, sorry

I guess my only comment, would be, that with all the conspiracy theorists around, the FDA should have considered the advisability of what needed to be blocked and not