The Race Place

Netflix

Hesi

Max lives in the wops wops aka Bedrock...where UFB and streaming are just part of a dreamy future...

so in an effort to assist (whoever) allow me to recommend some fab movies worth a look for the first or tenth time...

Meet Joe Black

Fried Green Tomatoes

Scent Of A Woman

Legends Of The Fall

Rustler's Rhapsody (spoof Western ... funniest thing you'll ever see, funnier than Blazing Saddles)

clip here:

45 minutes ago, Honest john said:

Watched on Netflix yesterday , catch me if you can, true and great story, Leo DiCaprio plays lead role brilliantly. 

Doco channel I think was three part McDonald’s story of mcmillions swindle, brilliant story. May be on netflix

hj

The real life Frank Abagnale jr has a cameo role in the movie

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gordy said:

I finished watching Squid Game the other night, well worth it if you don’t mind Korean with English sub titles.

Apparently it’s the most watched series ever on Netflix.

I watched it in English no sub titles, it reminded me of Hunger Games, they left it open at the end so a series two could be on the cards, with it being the most watched series, you would think Netflix will push for a second series, entrepreneurs actually bet on the poor people, the human is actually the thoroughbred 

Well worth watching, strange watching it in English though

I give it the GREEN light 

Edited by VC!
  • Like 1

Whats this thread on Netflix hmm. Just ask Karrots - currently the Netflix watching machine.

Going into week 9 or 10 or whatever it is of lockdown now. 

Currently watching El Dragon, which is The Dragon in Spanish. About drugs & cartel, money laundering, subtitles, you name it, it has it including a bunch of HOTTIES too 😄

Spongebob Squarepants Popcorn GIF

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, Gordy said:

I finished watching Squid Game the other night, well worth it if you don’t mind Korean with English sub titles.

Apparently it’s the most watched series ever on Netflix.

I must watch it Gordy, thanks.

South Korea make some great movies best of which I think is THE HOST which is a monster/human drama feature with some good humour thrown in. The CGI was done by NZ's own Weta Workshops. It's directed by Bong Joon-Ho, Korea's foremost filmaker who also made the sci-fi drama Snowpiercer and the brilliant detective drama Memories of Murder, the astonishing Okja (which you can find on Netflix I believe) and the more recently highly-acclaimed Parasite

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468492/

• Like 1

My latest watch is ‘The Chestnut Man’ , a 6 episode Danish crime drama. I am up to the last episode which I will watch tonight. 

I will take a look at El Dragon next, sounds like I might like it, thanks Karrot.

• Like 2