The Race Place

National Championships Spring Super Comp Expressions of Interest (new players very welcome)

PWJ

4 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah Yeah. Unlucky I would have thought. Very narrow margins in this comp. Anyhow Max as I posted somewhere else, you have to get past ME for a 10 pointer . Good luck with that, the inertia I have generated will roll straight over the top , flatten, squash, mince, splat, crush, the truck cant be stopped 🚛😜

the pwecedent was set last weekend by the dirty Lowdown - and good on them, eh!
Add the daring stwategy of Team Piko with so many 'common' selections (one might almost call this the 'HairyCane' approach, say no more!) ... is it possible that MX5 gallop all over the Crazies? 10pts right there, thanks for coming .... sigh!

MM

44 minutes ago, Maximus said:

the pwecedent was set last weekend by the dirty Lowdown - and good on them, eh!
Add the daring stwategy of Team Piko with so many 'common' selections (one might almost call this the 'HairyCane' approach, say no more!) ... is it possible that MX5 gallop all over the Crazies? 10pts right there, thanks for coming .... sigh!

MM

We've been doing it for 3 weeks now Maxi.  All the Pikos have found it a lot of extra fun.  Same old story though, still have to pick winners.  

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

We've been doing it for 3 weeks now Maxi.  All the Pikos have found it a lot of extra fun.  Same old story though, still have to pick winners.  

yes, desperate times called for desperate measures, Piko were pretty much out of the race and now have an outside chance if results go their way. I prefer Lowdown's chances more than yours.

MM

49 minutes ago, Maximus said:

yes, desperate times called for desperate measures, Piko were pretty much out of the race and now have an outside chance if results go their way. I prefer Lowdown's chances more than yours.

MM

What planet are you on Maxi....Uranus

Piko score 1 point and Lowdown are done, even if they manage a max 5 points

12 hours ago, Maximus said:

Add the daring stwategy of Team Piko with so many 'common' selections (one might almost call this the 'HairyCane' approach, say no more!)

It always sounds good in theory, Maxi, but the combined collect from Tiny Terror, Ihu, In The Congo ..... all nutted out in the final couple of bounds at double-figure odds ....... was $0.
Easy to come away with egg-on-the-face ..... but we take the risk. 

• Like 2

TEAMS UPDATE

Completed teams (Captains with asterisk*):

BLUES: Pete, Gordy, Howie*, Roland, Geoff

TURBOS: Gary, Ziggy, Ray*, Blind Squirrel, Steve P

KAURI KATS: Graeme, Pam, Sharne, Max*, Jen

OTAGO TROTTERS: Mardy, Happy, Rex, Craig*, Rusty

VALLEY SWAMP FOXES: VS, Richie, Rees, Robert, Maria*

CHIEFS: Gee, Stevie N, Ian*, Jack, Punter Pete

FERDIES: PJ*, Heather, Maurice, Zac, Tom

MAGPIES: Porky, Hesi*, Wrinkles, Blazes, Rob 

Sub selectors: ??

Okay, we have a small problem. I think 8 teams is the limit so Jason, Sarah & Georgy Boy will have to be on-call reserves. The Hurricanes have imploded and the franchise has been sold to Hawkes Bay so they become the Magpies.

Likewise the Steelers line-up collapsed with former players sold off no doubt to pay for bigger icecreams at Pokeno.

Crusaders have lost a couple so Tom and Rob have been added to other sides which just leaves Wrinkles without a team. If anyone is unsure of a full commitment perhaps they could make way for our good buddy Wrinkles or alternatively he could post selections each week which could be called upon by any team in the case of an AWOL by anyone - a super sub in effect. 

• Like 5

here's a suggestion ...

Wrinkles posts a set every week and if anyone doesn't post before cut-off their team automatically gets Wrinkles selections. Takes pressure off the 8 captains to post in that short 'window' after close-off ..and gives PJ more time between cut-off and Comp R1.

MM

14 minutes ago, Maximus said:

here's a suggestion ...

Wrinkles posts a set every week and if anyone doesn't post before cut-off their team automatically gets Wrinkles selections. Takes pressure off the 8 captains to post in that short 'window' after close-off ..and gives PJ more time between cut-off and Comp R1.

MM

I like the idea Max. What happens if two players fail to show ? Do they each get Wrinkles' selections ?

1 minute ago, Maximus said:

if he can't/won't my mate Georgy Boy can do it. 

Alternatively, Wrinkles selections can be used for both/all non-posters.

A what if to take into account in planning 🙂   ...     what if they have scratchings as at cut off - will each captain that uses them be able to post their own replacements or will these just revert to the starting fave(s) in the race?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi PJ, 

Blind Squirrel led the Turbos magnificently last year! 🙏

So unless there any objections (must be hand-written on the official raceplace objection form,  minimum of 2,000 words and in triplicate - sorry no photocopies) then we're happy for him to take the reins again. 👍

Deadline for any objections is 6.10pm today. 

cheers
R

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

A what if to take into account in planning 🙂   ...     what if they have scratchings as at cut off - will each captain that uses them be able to post their own replacements or will these just revert to the starting fave(s) in the race?

my understanding is that any set of posted picks that has scratchings is just bad luck.

So if Wrinkles' (or whoever's) picks are used and he has scratchings, tough luck ...only late scratchings go on to subs..

PJ will know.

2 hours ago, Rayzor said:

Hi PJ, 

Blind Squirrel led the Turbos magnificently last year! 🙏

So unless there any objections (must be hand-written on the official raceplace objection form,  minimum of 2,000 words and in triplicate - sorry no photocopies) then we're happy for him to take the reins again. 👍

Deadline for any objections is 6.10pm today. 

cheers
R

You bugger - thought I'd dodged a bullet!!!

Just when you think you're safe......

prize.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

my understanding is that any set of posted picks that has scratchings is just bad luck.

So if Wrinkles' (or whoever's) picks are used and he has scratchings, tough luck ...only late scratchings go on to subs..

PJ will know.

Okay, here's how it will work. The sub selector(s) will submit selections by the required time (half hour before race 1. If a regular competitor has not shown then the Captain of that team or anyone else delegated, can elect to use the "sub selector's" picks. If there are scratchings they can replace them with whatever they choose before race 1. If they are not replaced then as per normal the scratched selections will be invalid. Any questions ? 

• Thanks 1