The Race Place

Karrots

Globederby19

19 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Was thinking about Honest J.

See out of the corner of my eye a new member signed up 😃 Honest John yay. Welcome. Hello, Honest J, so pleased you figured it out! Sorry bout that. Leaving & all so quickly.

@Honest john

Btw we have a fun comp next weekend, that you can join in now you are a member, that Poster M - @Mike has organised. Sponsored by T Shaw Transport. Its a horse transport company in North Island. So peeps if you need a horse transported they are your folks to give a call. Think you might run into Mike himself too. 

If anyone else that used to enjoy the comps I used to do on other site & would like to come, join in on this one feel free. It is for next weekend $100 up for grabs! BUT you have to be a member here to play obviously. Trying to think of some that used to enjoy playing selection games. Jakh, Trotsfan, Unhinged. 

Exciting stuff finally playing for something real. Who will be the WINNER ?? !! 😃😃 

2 hours ago, Honest john said:

Hi karrots, Ludwig tipped me the wink.

Ludwig, wow really, talk about putting the boot in lol trying to get rid of me & my friends. Oh well you, me, Mike & psst think Gamms is here too now, but undercover not 100% but just a hunch 😉

Just like The FANTASTIC FOUR 😉 see that is undercover Gamms in clay outfit, then you, me & Mike 😁

There is sports area & a comp area. Still navigating myself thru site. But Ill mainly just be on this Harness side & over the weekend Thurs/Fri-Sun. That is when racing is on mainly anyway & not so much goes on midweek Harness NZ. You might like other areas tho e.g. Gallops side etc. Seems a bit more busier. 

Good to have here now 😀 To put some humour into site with your Honesty! lol 

Well peeps will be signing out now. Back next week Thursday & will be ready to Rock & Roll on with Mikes Competition 👍 Might even start a thread too called - NZ CUP ROAD TO CUP 🙈

Fantastic Four GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Is that Gammalite ?. Used to have some banter with him on the other site if it is. He is an Aussie I think. ?? Correct me if Im wrong.

G'day Globe , yes have my Lightning Blue 'hat' or 'skull cap') on for the great race coming up soon. To get in the winning zone!!!!  Blue with an Interdominion Grand final win as well as a big NZ Cup win at Addington in times gone by , alas Gammalite had a few cracks (6 starts without a Win at Addington, but did manage an Interdominion win and Auckland Cup win up at Alex Park)

Shame about the crowds situation as the best day of year's trots enjoyed by many on NZ Cup day, is to be reduced it seems. that is harsh. 

Think they just said 10,000 people double jabbed can attend at Melbourne Cup soon, after no-one got to go last year. (and normally near 100,000 go. )

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 5:31 PM, Globederby19 said:

Is that Gammalite ?. Used to have some banter with him on the other site if it is. He is an Aussie I think. ?? Correct me if Im wrong.

Yes, he is excellent to have banter with. Feeling much happier over here 😃 

Dont have to worry about being trolled by multiple posters, nor being name called - Iv been called all the names under the sun lol. Nor putting up with trolls dumping on my threads, nor have to worry about repetitive talk about non related to horses or racing & what is GREAT is that these threads on standardbred side are mostly if not all talk on standardbred racing & NOT babbling on talk about things quite frankly I have no interest in and posters actually post on those other non-related posts on threads that are up on site e.g. under Other 👍

What a breath of fresh air. 

Lastly forgot to mention Taupiri. Earth calling Taupiri come in Taupiri. Last I knew he left other site approx 2-3 weeks ago. No idea if he will return online. If you do & by chance you randomly see this thread & post. Come join in over here. 

Taupiri is neat. He is quiet, but has good input when he does channel in . He loves watching the sport & his fav is 1 of those Oz blondies can't remember name a host, he nom-ed for a Hot list I ran lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Yes, he is excellent to have banter with. Feeling much happier over here 😃 

nor being name called - Iv been called all the names under the sun lol. 

Look what I just found @Lightning Blue 😄 Doing a clean up. Reminded me of our fun banter during Tokyo Olympics & when I told you about how I went to Rio Olympics. And told the story how went & watched L Ko. Ill give short story here, 1 of the days I went there was so few Kiwi supporters approx 8 ish of us as they had gone to watch the water sports & a sea of South Korean supporters 50 ish that was her main rival. With the silver fern flag went racing ahead a few holes & put flag right behind a hole on fence so she could see there were Kiwi supporters there. Her sister after the match came & thanked me for coming & supporting. Very nice she was too the sister - took pix etc. Noted which I mentioned that Ko worn on the last day a Silver Fern cap. Maybe a shout out to Karrots, thinking back to Rio ... hehe. Anyway there were some non-believers on the other site. Even got name  called a c..t from a poster, good old Bill $. For sharing stories that quite frankly were true. Doesn't understand a normal fact of life that peeps lead different lifestyles no matter how to them, non-realistic it may seem. Pix of my tickets I saved as souvenirs.

Will head back to post later today once odds are out with selections for comp.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 11.28.54 AM.png

• Like 2

Oh & lastly. Sooooo good not having to worry about the troll poster that is allegedly one of the most disliked, if not the most disliked person in Harness racing. Poster Ranga. Not a nice poster either. So I would believe this rumour based off that.

Thanks for the tip @Honest john& Hunter the Punter. Hope you doing well Hunter if you ever read this!

Still awaiting odds out, maybe at 4pm. The main trot fixed odds are out now tho. 

Edited by karrotsishere

Karrots is firing up today. Maybe some 'omen' horses will fire up at her local Cambridge harness shortly for Karrots too.? Here's a tip the program Karrots theme.

Alicia Harrison is a Karrots favourite so hopefully win some.

R1 MmSunshine, R2 WatchandLearn R3 I'llHaveaBubbles R4 GossipGirl R5 SheReigns R6 ClassyOperator R7 HighonLove R8 BadMedicine R9 MarathonMan 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Karrots is firing up today. Maybe some 'omen' horses will fire up at her local Cambridge harness shortly for Karrots too.? Here's a tip the program Karrots theme.

R1 MmSunshine, R2 WatchandLearn R3 I'llHaveaBubbles R4 GossipGirl R5 SheReigns R6 ClassyOperator R7 HighonLove R8 BadMedicine R9 MarathonMan 

Yes because I just went to take a look at other site, on the off chance that I MIGHT post on both. BUT no. NO CHANCE. Ranga clearly reading here & Ludwig. Both obsessed with Karrots for some bizarre reason even tho I left approx a week ago. And talking crap about me. And Ranga went and mocked as per usual for him, the ticket post that I put up. By putting up on a thread dedicated to me lol. Pix of ballet. So lame & without a doubt typical behaviour from them. Am a bit disappointed Chief for some reason is playing along too. Like saying prove it via video. 

So here proved. A bit more personalised. Now not going to Check that site again! 

Yes hopefully Lightening that Harrison does well tonight. Nice selections even a Lou in the Last 👍😃

Photo on 14-10-21 at 3.12 PM.jpg

Edited by karrotsishere

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Yes because I just went to take a look at other site, on the off chance that I MIGHT post on both. BUT no. NO CHANCE. Ranga clearly reading here & Ludwig. Both obsessed with Karrots for some bizarre reason even tho I left approx a week ago. And talking crap about me. And Ranga went and mocked as per usual for him, the ticket post that I put up. By putting up on a thread dedicated to me lol. Pix of ballet. So lame & without a doubt typical behaviour from them. Am a bit disappointed Chief for some reason is playing along too. Like saying prove it via video. 

So here proved. A bit more personalised. Now not going to Check that site again! 

Yes hopefully Lightening that Harrison does well tonight. Nice selections even a Lou in the Last 👍😃

Good idea, I am biased of course lol

The overall irony, is that the Chief as you call him, started the site, because he was fed up with the abuse and bullying he was getting from the site owner, and the much maligned Leo Molloy on Racecafe, and rightly so.

Must have forgotten those particular principles

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Good idea, I am biased of course lol

The overall irony, is that the Chief as you call him, started the site, because he was fed up with the abuse and bullying he was getting from the site owner, and the much maligned Leo Molloy on Racecafe, and rightly so.

Must have forgotten those particular principles

Ok. Yes & I was also very disappointed when he posted Mikes full name on a thread to fully identify him. Felt that crossed a line & openly said so on too.

What poster Ranga will do next is read this, then go & do the exact same thing I have done with the writing something similar to what I have done. Of course if he just googled his ballet ticket in Malaysia pix & posted it then he won’t be able to. That is the behaviour that Iv had to tolerate. And as I said Im here, not even there anymore.

Ranga also put up a pic of colours of owners. Owners that are dear to a poster Hunter the Punters heart. Just to mock Hunter. Chief didn't obviously press him hard to remove them. And when recently confronted openly by Hunter about it, said that he was unable to go into someones profile & edit. Umm you have an email, why not tell the person to remove them full stop & no posting until you do.

Galah & Davis are probably the best regular posters left, bar the ones that are now posting here. Brodie is alright too, just gets so repetitive.

Anyway moving on. And no won’t. Most of the time now, they don’t seem that interested in talking about the racing.

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Karrots is firing up today. 

R1 MmSunshine, 

Whoop, whoop, @Lightning Blue a win race 1 with Harrison onboard. Commentator mentioned that he spoke to her when she was down South recently & she gives her trained debut runner a chance. Starting 2nd fav, altho the field is not bad, so surprised me a lil. Not paying enough place money to have a small fun punt on. 

Haha yes starting to get @Mike self admitted problem with lack of self control lol. Firing up lol. But as said, for me best not to look & read. Then no chance of firing up 😄

2 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Harrison continues on her merry winning way, with a 2nd in the 2nd & another win in the 3rd! @Lightning Blue you Race 1 win, Race 2 win, Race 3 2nd. Needed to be on Harrison for 3rd 😉

What is up with the kamikazi driving for lead for 800 odd metres race 3 & also a fair way in race 2. These drivers didn’t get the memo. Kamikazi driving 9 times out of 10 ends badly. But young Harrison got the memo coming over the top of them from the back. Next up debut runner in Shirley Bassey.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Well just a battling 4th for Alicia Harrison with that one. But some good news that impressive winner  is a SWEET LOU Karrots. should of picked that for you.

winner 'MO SZYSLAK' gave them a 'shillacking' alright .   

Yes started to get tired 1/2 way down the back by the looks, plugs out then too. But fresh up 1st run so can only improve & 4th is better than 'also ran'. And true to form yes a Lou wins swiftly in just his 2nd start.

How good was She Reigns from the 50 metres over 2200. Another win for you Lightening. Gee your on fire tonight with your Hot selections. 

R1 win R2 win R3 2nd R4 miss R5 win!! You can telly up your final result I need to make my selections, struggling with it.

Burning Daft Punk GIF

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

He is always worth a read as very knowledgeable but those heavy curtains are a worry.

OMG tots remember that post you made on the Manawatu thread. Was very funny. Galahs intensive study with curtains pulled Hehe, yeah he's the best. I need him to give me the laugh(like) emoji as he seemed to get my sense of humour. Was the only 1 really lol. 

Well as we were following Harrison last nite & Lightening hasn't done a final update, he's being all modest.

Results

Harrison Queen of Cambridge last nite. The young female Northern Jnr took out the actual TAB Drivers Challenge with 3 Wins - a 2nd & her training debut finished 4th. 

Lightening finished of with 5 WINS total for the nite & 2 2nds. How about that for a warm up for our comp starting tonight. 

queen GIF

On 10/10/2021 at 5:29 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Surely a North Island winner 😉

Missed replying to this. Well us in the North are def in with a chance. With SCA, Copy T, Bad to the Bone, I like ALL 3 of those for win chances with right run. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Word is that the Code of Conduct will be brought in in approx 6-8 weeks. Oh no does that mean that as per the post above can't put a Gif which states #outofmywaypeasants

What is going to happen? What is this sites thoughts on this? 

Karrots is intrigued.

What code of conduct?

The harness racing one re social media that was drafted & meant to take effect 1 July 2021. However feedback from peeps felt it was taking freedom of expression away. However a new draft has been made.

Participants include owners.

It was initially that you were not allowed to post non-de-plume, but from the sounds that has gone. 

HRNZ are asking for feedback which is fantastic, so Ill give my feedback here & I do get why they are doing this to try to limit bullying.

Anyway a couple of things. Feel this will be hard to enforce - something about not passing on confidential information. So if it was in writing or verbal or any other way. Whats confidential & whats not? Is passing on an email confidential? Is talking about an email confidential? Is someone telling you about an email confidential?

Also another thing when using social media participants need to provide informed facts accurate information. And in a way that its not damaging to Harness.

Well what if Karrots say - Stable driving - stable driving. Blumin stable driving.

Does Karrots gets punished for this? 

PS Double R - mostly no I would not think. But what about the points Iv just raised?

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

The harness racing one re social media that was drafted & meant to take effect 1 July 2021. However feedback from peeps felt it was taking freedom of expression away. However a new draft has been made.

Participants include owners.

It was initially that you were not allowed to post non-de-plume, but from the sounds that has gone. 

HRNZ are asking for feedback which is fantastic, so Ill give my feedback here & I do get why they are doing this to try to limit bullying.

Anyway a couple of things. Feel this will be hard to enforce - something about not passing on confidential information. So if it was in writing or verbal or any other way. Whats confidential & whats not? Is passing on an email confidential? Is talking about an email confidential? Is someone telling you about an email confidential?

Also another thing when using social media participants need to provide informed facts accurate information. And in a way that its not damaging to Harness.

Well what if Karrots say - Stable driving - stable driving. Blumin stable driving.

Does Karrots gets punished for this? 

PS Double R - mostly no I would not think. But what about the points Iv just raised?

It says it is okay if you make a statement, like stable driving, and you can show evidence of your perception of why you gave your opinion. From experience, everyone can see things from a different angle.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Double R said:

It says it is okay if you make a statement, like stable driving, and you can show evidence of your perception of why you gave your opinion. From experience, everyone can see things from a different angle.

Ok cool. What about this factual one. Maybe the wording needs to be changed to, as much as possible?

People talk rubbish all the time. Nothing going to stop that. Hard to police - No?

And still this confidential one, think they need to be more specific or change wording a bit. What if you heard something verbally at the pub or with family or friends or after a race. And then you come on RC & tell peeps.