The Race Place

NZ CUP - Road to the Cup

Happy Sunrise

8 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Sorry to butt in your comment to Happy S. I think my reasoning is sound. There are not that many 3200m races year to year. I guess the Easter Cup still may be as well. And the OPEN Class horses seem to Overall hold their form year to year , because they are the good ones. ALL Oz and NZ 'top' horses through the years , were great through their whole career.

Verry Elleegant I backed last Tuesday in MC , mainly based on her HUGE run (7th) in last years Melbourne Cup , at track and distance. 

That paid off well. thankfully.

With NZ Cup SELF ASSURED , this time last year , was Sensational in 3.55.2 . very quick, very good, and seems to be going well lately too if you like current form. (I'm still taking 9-1 Sportsbet on the coming Interdominion, very nice !!!! ) 

Of course your reasoning is sound, and that is what makes this site so good, that most of us respect each others opinions, and by being open to sharing them, it gives others thoughts and ideas that they may not have considered before.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

What odds do you think they should give in the Cup next week Happy? (or anyone) No odds up here on TAB. although they do have the DOMINION market up today Qld,  with SundeesSon $1.80 and MuscleMountain $3.20. 

They are the odds, 51 for Bad to the Bone etc.

If they are offering 3.20 for Muscle Mountain in OZ you should get into that.

The big day is only 3 more sleeps away. Read back thru this thread as had thought I said Ill be on the horse in trail, couldn't find it but it is interesting reading back thru it anyway. Some points mentioned by posters Addington pointed out, turnover & hospitality to take a hit. Wonder how much by? Be interesting to see how the Boxseat Punters Club goes. Good initiative. Rusty prediction - Self A - SCA - Copy That then daylight is a goodie lol. 

Any last thoughts? Will it be a favourite? Will it be a boil-over? ALL eyes will be on the start. The pressure will be at its max. Will they false start 1st time, 2nd time then go 3rd time. Will it be a fair start to ALL? Will Self Assured get a nice run thru from 2nd line to be in top 1/2 of field early? Will SCA rear at the start & be out of it? 1 thing is for sure no stable driving for AS with just 1 runner. (Must be a while since only 1 runner in Cup)?

How will things unfold in this years NZ CUP 2021?

Ill still be on the horse in the trail whoever that horse is 😄 

28 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

The big day is only 3 more sleeps away. Read back thru this thread as had thought I said Ill be on the horse in trail, couldn't find it but it is interesting reading back thru it anyway. Some points mentioned by posters Addington pointed out, turnover & hospitality to take a hit. Wonder how much by? Be interesting to see how the Boxseat Punters Club goes. Good initiative. Rusty prediction - Self A - SCA - Copy That then daylight is a goodie lol. 

Any last thoughts? Will it be a favourite? Will it be a boil-over? ALL eyes will be on the start. The pressure will be at its max. Will they false start 1st time, 2nd time then go 3rd time. Will it be a fair start to ALL? Will Self Assured get a nice run thru from 2nd line to be in top 1/2 of field early? Will SCA rear at the start & be out of it? 1 thing is for sure no stable driving for AS with just 1 runner. (Must be a while since only 1 runner in Cup)?

How will things unfold in this years NZ CUP 2021?

Ill still be on the horse in the trail whoever that horse is 😄 

The interesting thing about this years cup is, there is enough uncertainty surrounding the barrier draws to give encouragement for people to have a bet on any horse they fancy.

It is noticeable from our Harness and Thoroughbred competitions, that everyone on this site is capable of out selecting the "so called experts", so just select your own horses that you wish to bet on, and know whatever the result, you are only accountable to yourself. I am not against the initiative of a punters club, but it is everybody to their own in a democratic society.

• Like 1

This is cute. What horse is on the front of the NZ CUP racing book 2021? None other than wee Sugar 😄🙌💃

Here's back story folks on RP. He was horse I chose to follow & was vocal about it as a young gun being a 1/2 to an old fav American Dealer & being by Sweet Lou. Then he got a start in Jewels after not placing at all. So a thread on the other site was created for him (not by me) with a good luck. Some people actually thought he must be Sweetie Lewey. But alas no. Then of course after race, some negative talk as he kind of stopped in Jewels saying he shouldn't of been there, after leading 😬 Anyway he came out next start ish & won. 👍 He now features on the front of the N Z CUP Racebook 2021. Cutie Sugar - you show dem negative peeps 😛

As per the article he has literally just flown to Oz a couple days ago, after being sold to Aus interests. Bye wee Sugar 👋

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/copy-who-sugar-apple-to-make-unusual-farewell-on-harness-racings-biggest-day/

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 2.35.51 PM.jpg

Edited by karrotsishere

It seems obvious to me, and I'd say nearly everyone else,  that the 3 best horses in the race are Self Assured, South Coast Arden and Copy That 

The only 1 that I can see with an upset chance is Classie Brigade who will lead early, and probably hand to Copy That

That makes him a rough chance from the trail especially if Mark an Nat bobble away slightly

Despite all the critics complaining of the lack of depth I think it's the race of the year so far

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1