The Race Place

Monday trivia

PWJ

4 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Its alright LB, he has been banned from the Harness quizzes . lol. Obviously knows a thing or two about TB,s. The rabbit  hole goes deeper.:classic_smile:

Correct Rees.

I have been fortunate enough to have had shares a Karaka Million, two, and three year old winner. I will add, many not so good ones as well.

Lets try Greyhounds next????

Edited by Double R
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I assume you are looking for something outside the obvious - the quinella trained by kiwis?

Yes it was a fine kiwi quinella in the 1998 Melbourne Cup . but there's something more too.

I am so grateful to 'finally ' have some homegrown Melbourne Cup winners again. VOW and DECLARE (2019) and now VERRY ELLEEGANT (2021) at last bringing home the bacon 2 of past 3 years in the Cup.

The kiwi connection does involve VERRY ELLEEGANT too actually . So does that help ? how is she connected ?

Verry Elleegant Thoroughbred Horse Profile - Next Race, Form, Stats, News,  Breeding | Racing and Sports

Edited by Lightning Blue

19 minutes ago, Double R said:

I have been fortunate enough to have had shares a Karaka Million, two, and three year old winner.

Hey that is really excellent !! do you have a nice display wall at home for some of these beauties ? hope so.

AND you are 'un-barred' as maybe these TB guys need a little expertise in the Jezabeel, Champagne, Verry Ellegant Trivia. Dancing S Maria would be all over it , Hesi might struggle a bit hehehe.

15 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yes it was a fine kiwi quinella in the 1998 Melbourne Cup . but there's something more too.

I am so grateful to 'finally ' have some homegrown Melbourne Cup winners again. VOW and DECLARE (2019) and now VERRY ELLEEGANT (2021) at last bringing home the bacon 2 of past 3 years in the Cup.

The kiwi connection does involve VERRY ELLEEGANT too actually . So does that help ? how is she connected ?

Verry Elleegant Thoroughbred Horse Profile - Next Race, Form, Stats, News,  Breeding | Racing and Sports

Zabeel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Hey that is really excellent !! do you have a nice display wall at home for some of these beauties ? hope so.

AND you are 'un-barred' as maybe these TB guys need a little expertise in the Jezabeel, Champagne, Verry Ellegant Trivia. Dancing S Maria would be all over it , Hesi might struggle a bit hehehe.

The Goodwin Family bred Verry Elleegant, and have shares in Vow And Declare.

Edited by Double R
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Lol, wouldn't call Verry Elleegant home grown (from an aussie perspective).

Nz bred horses racing /training in Aus are my favourite thing on the planet. Just plain refuse to Support the northern hemisphere horses and Billionaire playboys Shiehk and LLyody trying to monopolise the great race.  (The Mighty LIGHTNING BLUE himself is kiwi bred fine Australian race-horse lol ) it all blends so well !!!!! 

4 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Zabeel.

Correct !!!!! both the great mares thundering to the post , Jeezabeel and Champagne were by ZABEEL . Whata cracker he is ???  beautiful.

And Now at long last , the Zabeel grand-daughter Verry Elleegant (by ZED , the son of Zabeel) has taken up the MC Banner !!!  how good is that.

Get some more Zeds around the place would be great !

5 minutes ago, Double R said:

The Goodwin Family bred Verry Elleegant, and have shares in Vow And Declare.

Home grown hero 'VOW and DECLARE' , !! i think I kissed the TV as he hit the line in the Cup .... lol.....  some part owners are QLD school teacher from QLD Country town called Gympie (like ROGAN JOSH for Bart too all those years ago had a school teacher owner)   now that's the ones I like !!!!  Snowy Lupton with KIWI , etc......

Isn't that so much better than billion boys ,arab shiehks ,L Williams etc.. and those that don't even go along on the day , winning the Melbourne Cup??

2019 Melbourne Cup result and replay - Vow And Declare for Australia -  Racenet

15 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

I just about smashed the bloody TV when Red Cadeaux got beaten a mere millimeter 🤢

Yes,  it is truly a game of Inches . Just ask these two in photo. 

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

The 1999 Caulfield Cup went even better for the Zabeel's. Scoring the trifecta.

And could this be another ZABEEL getting the job done ? before the great mares came along the Following year ? you betcha !!! another great kiwi/ Aussie mixer lol! 

I'll leave them for anyone to name ???? , as everyone loved these two greats . a very easy Trivia.

Might and Power, with Jim Cassidy aboard, edges Doriemus in the thrilling 1997 Melbourne Cup.