The Race Place

Ashburton Monday

Addington

Here is a link to the proposals good to look back on as a reminder

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/assets/FAQs-Change-of-birthday-Consultation2.pdf

That scheme is called Silk Road. And the name re country cup is Country Grass Gems & Springtime Gems

Says too stakes have been increased across the board for all race meetings. And a Jnr driver concession scheme is being developed and launched 1 Jan 22.

Says they were due to present to ALL clubs on 15/10/21 at Annual Conference BUT think read due to covid it was postponed. Guess that is why they are releasing on HRNZ the dates anyway, so hopefully the release all the other stuff too hehe.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Double R said:

I am not sure why you need to know who people are Karrots?

Three years ago, Globe and I when were on on Racecafe, I will clean my mouth out, invited members to meet up at the Jewels in Cambridge, and we were the only takers. Apart from that, I have not met anyone on here, and are happy to have conversations about our wonderful sport of racing, and will continue share when I have something racing.

Maybe we should try something like that again when this madness is over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete said:

I would be a starter to organize that.

We could have one in Cambridge or Alexandra Park, or both, and someone from the South Island to organize it there.

I am also on the N.Z Trotting Hall of Fame committee, based at Alexandra Park, so can arrange a visit there too sometime.

• Like 1

Just now, pete said:

Well I have always toyed with the idea of having a face to face with those people I have been conversing with for years. Logistical nightmare ,as you say in the current climate. I am sure some of us might be surprised at appearances compared to comments. 

Years ago our Plumbing firm in Wgtn had an answer service that people rang and left a message, and we would ring them up and retrieve the message . The lady that answered the phone had the most silky/smooth sexy voice, it oozed sexuality. Well after 4 yrs of this we were invited to a Xmas party put on by the aforementioned service ,and most of us were champing at the bit to see this woman.

Well , and not being to disingenuous to any females on here,  it was like looking at the Goodyear Blimp.

Lovely lady but, boy . Taught me a lesson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Well I have always toyed with the idea of having a face to face with those people I have been conversing with for years. Logistical nightmare ,as you say in the current climate. I am sure some of us might be surprised at appearances compared to comments. 

Years ago our Plumbing firm in Wgtn had an answer service that people rang and left a message, and we would ring them up and retrieve the message . The lady that answered the phone had the most silky/smooth sexy voice, it oozed sexuality. Well after 4 yrs of this we were invited to a Xmas party put on by the aforementioned service ,and most of us were champing at the bit to see this woman.

Well , and not being to disingenuous to any females on here,  it was like looking at the Goodyear Blimp.

I am sure people will not judge us when they meet us. They will have well and truly done that by then!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Globederby19 said:

I need to get back there Robert, not nearly enough time last time I was there. Like a little boy in a lolly shop.

Brilliant place.

I know Rees, each time I am hosting there is always so much to see.

I can arrange a special viewing at anytime, and not just on race night.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Double R said:

Okay, sorry about that.

Apology accepted 😃

Didn't like a bunch of you posters all leave a site to come HERE isn't that how this started? And then of course some of you may have been curious to see who also come over too 😃 Esp when peeps are changing up their poster names and all. I kept mine simple. The same but Im HERE lol.

27 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Apology accepted 😃

Didn't like a bunch of you posters all leave a site to come HERE isn't that how this started? And then of course some of you may have been curious to see who also come over too 😃 Esp when peeps are changing up their poster names and all. I kept mine simple. The same but Im HERE lol.

Maybe, I am the odd one out.

I couldn't care less who has come and gone, and if they changed their poster names.

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Funny you should say that. Same thing for me. I was 19 years old and working as a claims clerk for a big insurance company and I used to have to talk to this girl from the assessors.

I fell in love with that voice.

And then I fell out of love when I finally got to meet her.

Nuff said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Double R said:

Maybe, I am the odd one out.

I couldn't care less who has come and gone, and if they changed their poster names.

Ok fair enough, well for me, Ill give you the tip.

Knew Happy was a good poster & decent poster, same re Rusty & also Globe & Mardy. Saw they were here.

Had I not known that, then most likely would not of come over. Would of stopped posting all together.

If you don’t know the hosts its much better knowing someone at the party if you are going alone so you will have someone to talk with & know the type of environment you will be going into. I mean the convo could be really boring otherwise. And also if anyone else you know is coming along that you get on well with esp if you are a newbie in town. 

But yip each to their own.

Anyway moving on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

1 hour ago, Double R said:

I can arrange a special viewing at anytime, and not just on race night.

I had to read the latest posts on this thread very carefully so not to come to the wrong conclusions. 😉

• Haha 4

Now a Drinks Night is a great idea,

I recently was asked if I was interested in a Virtual Drinks Night to discuss "lefty" views!

I didn't as it would have meant missing Addington harness.

However the idea is good , I think , Pete would have to set up a "zoom" thingee and then all interested would join.

Whata reckon Pete!

ps: I have NO Idea how it really works.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Now a Drinks Night is a great idea,

I recently was asked if I was interested in a Virtual Drinks Night to discuss "lefty" views!

I didn't as it would have meant missing Addington harness.

However the idea is good , I think , Pete would have to set up a "zoom" thingee and then all interested would join.

Whata reckon Pete!

ps: I have NO Idea how it really works.

Actually thats a great idea Craig. Will get back to you on it.

Probably be good to do it on Cup Day depending on who can turn up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Double R said:

I am not sure why you need to know who people are Karrots?

Three years ago, Globe and I when were on on Racecafe, I will clean my mouth out, invited members to meet up at the Jewels in Cambridge, and we were the only takers. Apart from that, I have not met anyone on here, and are happy to have conversations about our wonderful sport of racing, and will continue share when I have something racing.

we have met years ago when we did battle with Mission - and then Bruce and I and a couple of ladies were the main moderating support for Ange and Dave in the good race cafe days.  Globe might have even joined Griffins after me advertising on Race Cafe and think Mardy did as well.  I know Brad Reid did when he joined our second syndicate - wish he had decided he didnt get enough money for Bolt for Brilliance and kept him and leased him to us as he might give us a run for our money tomorrow

I hope to be in Auckland if Covid lets us travel over Xmas New years as my wee grandson will be in Starship for several months and I will be missing him by then so a catch up and another visit to the racing museum would be excellent

Edited by Enteebee
spelling
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Actually thats a great idea Craig. Will get back to you on it.

Probably be good to do it on Cup Day depending on who can turn up.

I do have paid zoom subscription so not limited to numbers of attendees or length of "meeting" so could assist with that - have to work that day now but will be online "watching" races

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

we have met years ago when we did battle with Mission - and then Bruce and I and a couple of ladies were the main moderating support for Ange and Dave in the good race cafe days.  Globe might have even joined Griffins after me advertising on Race Cafe and think Mardy did as well.  I know Brad Reid did when he joined our second syndicate - wish he had decided he didnt get enough money for Bolt for Brilliance and kept him and leased him to us as he might give us a run for our money tomorrow

I hope to be in Auckland if Covid lets us travel over Xmas New years as my wee grandson will be in Starship for several months and I will be missing him by then so a catch up and another visit to the racing museum would be excellent

We certainly did Neil, and remember those racing days very well.

I was also a moderator in the Ange and Dave days, along with Bruce M.

Castleton's Missions was certainly a mighty horse, and through his early racing, and learnings, he did hand us a couple of nice wins.

Wishing you a good result tomorrow.

Robert.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Didn't even know there was a museum at Alex, just googled it interesting. Looks like it might be cool too. Might have to check it out sometime.

Check out Delightful Lady. I still love that horse. She was special.