The Race Place

The New Racing Season 2022

Double R

Haha, just trying to figure this out, @Mike is pretty good at Math but as you say, 10% owners have to pay out for trainer/driver fee. So 4th is not the finishing spot you want right?

As while the sponsor gets majority of their cash back ($65k out of $75k put up), but then, the owners then need to pay out 10% of $65k for 4th oppose 10% of $37,500k which is 5th-10th.

Is that right? So owners are worst off for running 4th over last? Surely not …

Edited by karrotsishere

58 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Haha, just trying to figure this out, @Mike is pretty good at Math but as you say, 10% owners have to pay out for trainer/driver fee. So 4th is not the finishing spot you want right?

As while the sponsor gets majority of their cash back ($65k out of $75k put up), but then, the owners then need to pay out 10% of $65k for 4th oppose 10% of $37,500k which is 5th-10th.

Is that right? So owners are worst off for running 4th over last? Surely not …

No, it's not right Karrots

I don't think you grasp who gets the $ from a slot race

It isn't the Owner unless they are also the slot holder, or unless they have done a deal with the slot holder

I'll explain further and better later if you can't figure it out, just a bit busy atm

Mike

3 hours ago, Double R said:

Regardless whether the 4th Stake is $65k or 75k, the owner/s are going to drop $10k, having to payout the trainer, and driving percentages.

Isn't it the slot holder DR, not the Owners (unless on a deal)

Mike

Edited by Mike

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

No, it's not right Karrots

I don't think you grasp who gets the $ from a slot race

It isn't the Owner unless they are also the slot holder, or unless they have done a deal with the slot holder

I'll explain further and better later if you can't figure it out, just a bit busy atm

Mike

Ok thanks for that, so think this is your short code for saying, the slot owner pays for everything including trainer/driver dues, they therefore receive any payouts, unless otherwise negotiated with owners.

If thats correct that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Double R said:

I am not sure Mike. One way or the other the trainer and driver will want their percentage.

OK DR, I'm sure

The slotholder gets the $ 

Split with the Owner if on a deal

Of course the Fees have to be paid

But Karrots was off beam thinking that $65k less fees was somehow less than $37500 if you reread her post

Mike

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

Settle down

Typo

Don't encourage them

Lol ok.

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

But Karrots was off beam thinking that $65k less fees was somehow less than $37500 if you reread her post

Mike

Maybe you didn't read my original post about the topic, referring that 4th should be $75k not $65k. That way the sponsor (slot holders) fees would be covered. But then DR said to me that trainers/drivers fees had to be paid so would be out $10k anyway for owners. That is what put me off track. 

But got it now. 

1 thing do agree with Guerin tho, that he said on Boxseat, is that if some peeps that are often negative about everything anyway, - so in a general negative person. Anyway if they have a moan about - The Race - oppose being excited about it, then perhaps its time they weren't in the industry.

After all he mentioned its not costing them nor the industry anything as

Slot holders pay the bulk $750k & the host has topped it up $150k = $900k.

Edited by karrotsishere

16 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

1 thing do agree with Guerin tho, that he said on Boxseat, is that if some peeps that are often negative about everything anyway, - so in a general negative person. Anyway if they have a moan about - The Race - oppose being excited about it, then perhaps its time they weren't in the industry.

After all he mentioned its not costing them nor the industry anything as

Slot holders pay the bulk $750k & the host has topped it up $150k = $900k.

Agree, at least they are trying something

The $150k that the Club is topping up is significant as there is no way that betting revenue will come anywhere near that cost

So I can only assume that the publicity and rub-off effect is what they are aiming at

The Club's CEO is very good financially, with a working background in harness, so I'm sure that he has done the numbers

I do worry about a possible dominance of a superstar

For example when Lazarus was here at his peak how would you feel about having paid $75k a year or 2 previous to "enter" another horse?

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I do worry about a possible dominance of a superstar

For example when Lazarus was here at his peak how would you feel about having paid $75k a year or 2 previous to "enter" another horse?

True, good point. It is pref draw, so that would put a horse like that with the worst barrier draw & a smaller track like like Cambridge over Addington makes it harder to over-take & get to lead easily. So with that respect be a bit harder to win from a bad barrier. But yes agree & hear you. 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, Mike said:

Agree, at least they are trying something

The $150k that the Club is topping up is significant as there is no way that betting revenue will come anywhere near that cost

So I can only assume that the publicity and rub-off effect is what they are aiming at

The Club's CEO is very good financially, with a working background in harness, so I'm sure that he has done the numbers

Been reading & hearing alot of negativity about this - The Race.

Everyone of course is allowed their opinion. As as its ALL just opinion & not at this stage fact. Either those that are not believers or those that are believers 1 or the other will end with EGG on Face.

So lets see who will end up with Egg on Face. Hehe.

Ok. So IF they get this RACE off the ground - can see it being a BIG success. Here is why. BTW have never seen nor read anything about Everest Race). BUT from what little I can see. 

It will be BIG sponsors taking up slots. Big CORPORATE SPONSORS. And they shouldn't have too much trouble with only 10 slots to fill. $75k to the super wealthy is nothing. Might be someone that doesn't want a race horse but hey has the money to do this one off (3 year commitment). Treat them like royalty on the day. Make the slot holders feel special. They won't care if their horses win or lose, once they are boozed up. Be in the moment & hey we sponsored a horse. 

Not sure if this is fact or fiction, but is it 1 trainer only in race. So no stable driving. NO stable dominance. 

A horse e.g. Sweetie Lewie. Hello lets say in 2 years. She maybe eligible. Hypothically just an example, if she comes on, in 2-3 years time - as a mare, if she isn't quite the best, but gets the draw. And a sponsor no reason why she couldn't enter with a sponsor for slot. She will get the preferential barrier draw.

Feel the negative attitude towards it aren't seeing this. 

ALSO they plan to bring in a TROTTING race for it. So there will be 2. A pace & trot. That is what they said on Boxseat.

Cambridge Raceway are the Club to do this. They are very innovative. 

They have recently introduced BYO only on Xmas Eve. Why would they do this? To get peeps on course. To get atmosphere. They can then market it to peeps, hey come along to this day. The Race. (Better to have peeps on course one off than just at home). Creates atmosphere. Then be like hey lets go to this THE RACE. WE had a great day Xmas Eve. 

They just need to pump it, market it hard. Then over time, as Cup Week is Addingtons biggest race punt week, The Race, can be for Cambridge. Then they can justify to upgrade facitilies including the back room grandstand that needs up dating & maybe The Club House. The rest Skylounge is good. 

No you are not going to attract attention from maidens, normal run of the mill races. You need a hook, a catch. So this grass roots thing. While I get where peeps are coming from reality is it just doesn't hook peeps with no interest in Harness. Why do peeps go to Karaka Millions? Ill tell you why. Just a few days ago, had peeps tell me they are going gallops, no interest or knowledge in racing. They were going on and on about the Karaka Millions. Karrots you need to go etc. 'Its a really good day out because xyz about the Karaka Millions Race" & the day that was presented. Showing me the day on their ph, the promotion around it & this BIG 1 race. I was like oh ok. Nice.

YES THE RACE can BE THE SAME. BRING IT & GO Cambridge Raceway. Good luck, go hard or GO home. 

Edited by karrotsishere