The Race Place

Pukekohe $12,000 Day!

Hesi

On 11/11/2021 at 7:11 AM, mardigras said:

Of course, my data is not complete, but is still extensive.

3 minutes ago, London Trader said:

Still can't work it out. Care to point me in the right direction?

You must have missed the part where I stated my data is not complete.

I am only interested in the performance of a horse when I need to assess it pre race. So if a horse races from barrier 1 and does not race again then I won't have the information pertaining to that start (until it accepts for a future race).

I don't assess the last start a horse has - until I need it to assess it's performance/ability for use in a future race. I don't see a lot of point assessing something that I may never use.

Therefore, I won't have the detailed start/performance information for the last start of any horse that retires (without having been entered for a subsequent race and not starting). And I won't have that information for a horse's last start until it accepts for another race.

Therefore, my data is not complete, but still extensive - and a few horses here and there are not going to make a significant difference to the overall information presented across many years of data. I don't do stats when assessing horses, so I don't need complete data on barriers as I don't consider them a factor in my betting.