The Race Place

Bensons Mate and Cam Jones

Happy Sunrise

2 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

You have moved on from brave to stupid to buy a winning horse ?? . I find that quite intriguing without an explanation.

There are 2 chances of any Australian buyers to be looking at the Colleen Negus driven horse to buy , that she got 4 months suspended on. Buckleys and None.

I would think Benson, even though only half horse-power of Regazzo Mach, would adapt and win in Aus quite easily.

Although I guess Sugar Me flopped badly in 2 Australian runs to date (whereas he won 6 out of 9 starts at Addington this year , with a 2nd to Bensons Mate as well

It hard to find improvement for a new trainer in a horse like Benson's Mate. 

Only way is down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Wont be able to watch it now as its late scratched. 

Still watched race, wasn't as exciting. Interestingly enough after race, TAB commentator explained 4.31pm late scratching of horse re betting deductions, then said it was ordered scratched by the Stewards. Wonder why?

Edited by karrotsishere

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Never a good sign.

😂

No its not usually a good sign. Iv highlighted the betting on this thread today - just as I noticed it (which is public info), for reasons I gave when comparing to All Stars runner. Who won the race. 

But best we don't jump to conclusions until we get full facts (which will come out) on why it was ordered scratched by Stewards. 

Edited by karrotsishere

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Full facts not a common occurrence in harness racing.

You know what I mean lol. Shall let you & Rusty sniff around, find out & enlighten us about what happened. As it was you both that educated me as to this trainer. Hadn't heard of him previously. 

Bensons last race after THAT win & then this betting thing Jonny Nevits for me were both unusual hence brought it up. 

There could be a reasonable explanation for both, there may not be too. So shall await & see what you guys find out. 

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Does it hurt sitting on that fence 😂

That's funny. Ha would of thought by now after highlighting Bensons last race & then the betting today on Jonny Nevits what I'm starting to think. Just more along Rustys lines as it's a public forum have to be careful what to say. 

Pete has warned us too earlier on this thread not to post anything without evidence. Therefore everything Iv been pulling has been evidence based & publicly available. 

Now just need the why horse was ordered scratched today by Stewards re as per what TAB commentator said. 

15 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

You know what I mean lol. Shall let you & Rusty sniff around, find out & enlighten us about what happened. As it was you both that educated me as to this trainer. Hadn't heard of him previously. 

I've just worked it out Karrots. !! That horse Johnny Nevits was one of the ones that ALFORD got 7 years Disqualified for , by tubing /injecting with 'stuff'  6 months ago. So I guess this Cam bloke and Bensons Mate are connected parties to all that carry-on in some way , hence the performance inuendo lingers.

Great job by the stewards who seem on the ball and catching some, and taking actions , keeping em honest . excellent.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

I've just worked it out Karrots. !! That horse Johnny Nevits was one of the ones that ALFORD got 7 years Disqualified for , by tubing /injecting with 'stuff'  6 months ago. So I guess this Cam bloke and Bensons Mate are connected parties to all that carry-on in some way , hence the performance inuendo lingers.

Great job by the stewards who seem on the ball and catching some, and taking actions , keeping em honest . excellent.

Ha yeah I already worked that one out. Eg something I observed but didn't state on here as prob 80% sure going from memory, that 1 of the owners Miss Fitzgerald was 1 of the same owners as 1 or 2 of those Alford horses that was tubed. Saw she was down as owner of this horse late scratched today. Not saying she has anything to do with anything like that. Just a connection, so again something I highlighted to myself. 

Edited by karrotsishere

3 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

No innuendo here. Just facts.

7 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Now just need the why horse was ordered scratched today by Stewards re as per what TAB commentator said. 

Traffic lights systems are everywhere these days so very difficult to speculate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

this horse late scratched today.

You'd think once burnt , twice shy. But you never know.

Thankfully the Queensland testing developed greatly in the 90's and raceday treatments were culled to the greater extent. some mugs perservered because they got good results. Serial offenders S Hunter (trainer of Happy Sunrise when purchased for 1/4 mill from NZ  lol  and also winner of 2 NZ Cups in the early 2000's with Flashing Red, possibly when NZ testing Not so great )  and A Donahue both caught out a few times each. Hunter ended up getting Vicki Rasmussen Disqualified for a year as well, not long ago sadly.

Hunter burnt a few times himself so started 'torching ' others too. Very very sad .....  

• Like 1

Could It not be something as simple as horse was injured slightly whilst being transported to the track.

Remembering was in an early race and it's quite feasible no vet was on course at time.

These things do happen and does not have to be a witch hunt on Trainers from a certain part of Canterbury that some seem to be obsessed with!

9 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

You'd think once burnt , twice shy. But you never know.

Thankfully the Queensland testing developed greatly in the 90's and raceday treatments were culled to the greater extent. some mugs perservered because they got good results. Serial offenders S Hunter (trainer of Happy Sunrise when purchased for 1/4 mill from NZ  lol  and also winner of 2 NZ Cups in the early 2000's with Flashing Red, possibly when NZ testing Not so great )  and A Donahue both caught out a few times each. Hunter ended up getting Vicki Rasmussen Disqualified for a year as well, not long ago sadly.

Hunter burnt a few times himself so started 'torching ' others too. Very very sad .....  

Yeah one would think but fits into the demographic young Woodend Beach. Plus has an unusually high UDR for a 1st year trainer.

I remember an article that Alford said to Stewards "what was it, why me, was it the betting". He literally said that to the stewards it was reported. 

Gosh it's like that Negus drive you said you can't be pressing on highlighting yourself like that & not be pulled out lol. 

Anyway I'm gonna wait & see exactly why ordered scratched. Remember last time Wigg was ordered scratched & it turned out to be a legal substance but think tubed that day or something. Still legal. So hence I'm guna wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Could It not be something as simple as horse was injured slightly whilst being transported to the track.

Remembering was in an early race and it's quite feasible no vet was on course at time.

These things do happen and does not have to be a witch hunt on Trainers from a certain part of Canterbury that some seem to be obsessed with!

Absolutely could be hence Iv said multi times I'm gonna wait for full facts.

Did hear them say earlier that another horse was scratched order by vet & also said stewards notified of a couple racing in foal. So it did seem like a vet was on course. But anyway will wait and see. 

8 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Can't be that or it would be on vet's advice. 

Wording is all important. Last week, Jack Harrington's horse was scratched on order of stewards but it was an outside influence it seems from reading this. Being scratched on order of stewards is not that common.

HILARIOUS PRINCE - late scratching at 5.35pm due to Trainer J Harrington being unable to attend the meeting with a satisfactory explanation.

11 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Can't be that or it would be on vet's advice. 

Wording is all important. Last week, Jack Harrington's horse was scratched on order of stewards but it was an outside influence it seems from reading this. Being scratched on order of stewards is not that common.

HILARIOUS PRINCE - late scratching at 5.35pm due to Trainer J Harrington being unable to attend the meeting with a satisfactory explanation.

Yes but in all fairness it could be something along these lines, it may not be too. Hence I'm guna wait. Shall log back in & check in the morning. 

Nite all. 

3 hours ago, craigos1 said:

For some reason, and look I don't know why this is, but for some reason, I have the legendary Australian cricket commentator Bill Lawry's voice in my head, screaming: 

"GOT 'EM!!!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1