The Race Place

Bensons Mate and Cam Jones

Happy Sunrise

Here is the Stripes report with FACTS, what I was waiting for. 

Acting on a report provided by Racing Investigators who completed a stable inspection at the training premises of C Jones this afternoon, Stewards ordered that JOHNNY NEVITS be scratched from Race 2 acting under Rule 213(1)(c). An investigation was opened into this matter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Back to this, for me Ill put my honest opinion of what I had thought happened now things have come to surface, to Bensons mate. In his WOW run, that this thread was started, he had come from Woodends Beach - his trainer C Jones to race that day or within 24 hours. And boy oh boy what a run!

Then under a caretaker at Winton altho he ran nice races, he could not repeat the same WOW factor. It was obvious to me. Some on here made excuses for him. I thought it was pretty clear, the horse was not racing the same e.g. did not have the same stamina.

My honest suspicious is that I allege that what happened yesterday or was going to happen yesterday to that horse Johnny Nevits happened yesterday with the Wow run to Benson. (hope that is ok to put @pete) allege usually covers ya.  Let me know if not & I can edit or delete post. 

I have a different opinion to you Karrots, re the first run you are referring too, as being a wow run. I base that on years of experience of being around the racing game, and you being relatively new to the game.

From a performance point of view, Thursday's run had much more racing merit in it. In racing, as in life, acknowledgement of those hard efforts are sometimes not rewarded the result they deserve. From the stamina point, Thursdays run showed amazing resilience to run the first half, in 55, most which was three wide, and only get nabbed in the last 50 metres, was from a pure racing point of view, a great effort.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, Rusty said:

I'm picking Bensons Mate is perhaps missing the fresh air of Woodend Beach a just a smidgen. 

Afterall, horses can be funny like that 😉

The horse Johnny Nevits must love Woodend Beach too.

He didn't want to leave, and go to Addington last night. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Double R said:

I have a different opinion to you Karrots, re the first run you are referring too, as being a wow run. I base that on years of experience of being around the racing game, and you being relatively new to the game.

From a performance point of view, Thursday's run had much more racing merit in it. In racing, as in life, acknowledgement of those hard efforts are sometimes not rewarded the result they deserve. From the stamina point, Thursdays run showed amazing resilience to run the first half, in 55, most which was three wide, and only get nabbed in the last 50 metres, was from a pure racing point of view, a great effort.

With respect DR could you please stop with this you have lots of experience & I have little. Its coming across slightly to me as condescending. Maybe you don't have that intention but that's how it feels. I own when I'm wrong. On this occasion re betting irregularities it appears on was right. I'm not going to debate this with you further.

I have a degree & this isn't rocket science. I pointed out yesterday and brought to everyone's attention on here the betting irregularities with a horse that was then late scratched by Stewards after a stable inspection. 

This comes as no surprise to me. Of course he could of been innocent just the same. BUT alot of red flags for me brought this to my attention. 

1. Birds of a feather flock together.

2. Higher UDR rate than All Stars in 1st year training.

3. Unusual performances by a horse called Bensonmate

4. Betting plunges on his horse, when its up against the All Stars. 

5. Same owners as last horse that was busted as a drug cheat - J Alford. 

6. Rumors swirly around & also Rusty & Happy commenting something isn't right.

7. A journo recently flat out named a substances allegedly Woodends Beach Boys were using. 

As it turns out if allegations are true, he was being monitored by RIU. This is no surprise to me based on the above. And shows they are doing there job. The trainer of Bensons Mate has allegedly just been busted for wrongdoing. Therefore his performances are pretty self explanatory. 

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

With respect DR could you please stop with this you have lots of experience & I have little. Its coming across slightly to me as condescending. Maybe you don't have that intention but that's how it feels. I own when I'm wrong. On this occasion re betting irregularities it appears on was right. I'm not going to debate this with you further.

I have a degree & this isn't rocket science. I pointed out yesterday and brought to everyone's attention on here the betting irregularities with a horse that was then late scratched by Stewards after a stable inspection. 

This comes as no surprise to me. Of course he could of been innocent just the same. BUT alot of red flags for me brought this to my attention. 

1. Birds of a feather flock together.

2. Higher UDR rate than All Stars in 1st year training.

3. Unusual performances by a horse called Bensonmate

4. Betting plunges on his horse, when its up against the All Stars. 

5. Same owners as last horse that was busted as a drug cheat - J Alford. 

6. Rumors swirly around & also Rusty & Happy commenting something isn't right.

7. A journo recently flat out named a substances allegedly Woodends Beach Boys were using. 

As it turns out if allegations are true, he was being monitored by RIU. This is no surprise to me based on the above. And shows they are doing there job. The trainer of Bensons Mate has allegedly just been busted for wrongdoing. Therefore his performances are pretty self explanatory. 

Hi Karrots,

I certainly was not intending to put you down, and just putting across my view from my experience, which I hope is okay.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 2

Just now, karrotsishere said:

Cool. Thanks for that. Friends still tick yes. We agree on alot & the odd thing we disagree, which is fine too. 

Yes, still friends tick.

I think we agree on most things, because you do the homework, and I come from having been there, done that, over the last 50 odd years, and the combination can give a balanced opinion on subjects.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rusty said:

Is the penny starting to drop now? 

Perhaps don't answer if it is lol

"The Penny Drops" . Backed right into being the Favourite now, tonight in the INTERDOMINION trot GF final too. 

Yes I am a few hours behind you blokes in time and place so the Penny is a slow roll around here at times lol.

Have popped $10 EW  on the horse now , thanks to your Gun tip, and astute NZ harness racing observations. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

"The Penny Drops" .observations. 

Gotta say Lightning's penny dropped very quickly indeed when it came to Ludwig coming on this site as Wilfred. After being exposed by Lightning seems to have disappeared. 

Wasn't going to say anything as hadn't done any harm on here. So no probs. Altho must say was quite surprised he had come over as had thought he couldn't stand Lightning & I. Prob hence the change of name oppose using same name. 

5 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

It wasnt Alford they were after the first time but rumour was there were some tip offs and two of the trainers werent present when the raid happened. looks like it worked better the second time as Peter Profit suggests it was drones used.

• Like 1

Better update for those that don’t go on ALL threads. On Matty W wins 1000 thread, @Addington posted Fitzgeralds response to allegations. Yes he was interviewed & shared truck but his horse was cleared to race.

Pleased the journo from The Press hasn’t picked this up. Much better IMO to just go thru the industry itself than the entire nation.

Right Im ready to move on to tonight Interdoms. @Lightning Blue all ready got your beers for the Interdoms? For those that aren't aware Lightning has a wee fun comp pick the trifecta for Trot & Pace tonight. Selections are on another thread - called pick the Interdom trifecta. 

Edited by karrotsishere

"A post from Andrew Fitzgerald to Off N Racing Owners Group earlier today,& reposted on rival site.

Good Morning,I am writing to address an incident taken place before Addington Races.

Upon arriving at Addington Raceway,I was interviewed by Racecourse Detectives & RIB.

The horses I train are based at Woodend Beach in Stable being shared by multiple trainers.

Often horses from property representing different trainers travel together in same truck.

That was the case with Eyecon,who was free to race,however the other horse on truck from a different stable was not.

I wish to relay this message to all members,owners and supporters of Off N Racing,to provide some clarity & truth considering the misinfomation that is being published on social media currently.

I was not issued with any charges by Stewards."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Josias said:

"A post from Andrew Fitzgerald to Off N Racing Owners Group earlier today,& reposted on rival site.

Good Morning,I am writing to address an incident taken place before Addington Races.

Upon arriving at Addington Raceway,I was interviewed by Racecourse Detectives & RIB.

The horses I train are based at Woodend Beach in Stable being shared by multiple trainers.

Often horses from property representing different trainers travel together in same truck.

That was the case with Eyecon,who was free to race,however the other horse on truck from a different stable was not.

I wish to relay this message to all members,owners and supporters of Off N Racing,to provide some clarity & truth considering the misinfomation that is being published on social media currently.

Thanks for that, just mentioned that, but good to have it exactly written. We kind of ended up talking more about this on another thread called M Williams wins. I said Im very surprised if he was involved and hope he wasn't. As it turns out he wasn't so thats great news. 

Anyways Im off now talking about this. The end from me on topic. 

6 minutes ago, Josias said:

My Goodness. You actually have to plead to your owners that you're not involved .

Sure shows you need your own PRIVATE establishment to train (or stable at least) your horses. I can't see how it's possible with being in the same Barn as rivals?. Just a nightmare . Just As Andrew Fitz is showing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

My Goodness. You actually have to plead to your owners that you're not involved .

Sure shows you need your own PRIVATE establishment to train (or stable at least) your horses. I can't see how it's possible with being in the same Barn as rivals?. Just a nightmare . Just As Andrew Fitz is showing. 

what they are using cant be tested for - they only got McGrath, Alford and maybe Jones for administering on the day.  Security systems at other stables prevent surveilance 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 4:02 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Well done, Cam.  I thought Mitchell Kerr was the up and comer until his unfortunate issues so it would be great for harness if more horses went into this stable which would make the big races more competitive.

Your boy is back today in the Christmas Cup at Motukarara. Benson's Mate at 10-1 odds? wortha dollar or 2?

Cam is doing great too , with 15 wins from 60 starters this season , so a very good strike rate compared to some.

Let's see how they go today then .........

9 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Your boy is back today in the Christmas Cup at Motukarara. Benson's Mate at 10-1 odds? wortha dollar or 2?

Cam is doing great too , with 15 wins from 60 starters this season , so a very good strike rate compared to some.

Didn't notice that. Thx for update.

Form Guide says 'Market Watch'. So ... took a look. He's a drifter, from win $9 to $12, hmm wonder why ...

17 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Bensons Mate ran last, didn't handle the track or was it something else? Or a combination of both?

Lets see if this very good strike rate continues ... or not ... hmm ?

Here's latest update on Profit page, Im starting to get weary about his articles now. 

BUT re this Jones case the Christchurch Star reported a reference to an alleged needle. Have included a screen shot. Its the 2nd to last sentence in screen shot for a recap. 

How can they not get any charges (IF that is the case - which Im not actually sure is accurate just going off what this latest Profit article says) from a needle being found & a betting plunge?

What was the needle for? And why the betting plunge?

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.53.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.46.17 AM.png

Edited by karrotsishere

9 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.46.17 AM.png

Thought would give an update, as now have read full article. 

It doesn't make sense to me, I mean it does, but it doesn't. It matches up with what the Star Christchurch news wrote re another trainer was present & was helping with the RIB with enquiry.

Points to the witness withdrawing their statement against Jones, therefore the RIB most likely won't be pressing any charges. (how can someone just withdraw a statement)?

(Please note I am not sure if this is accurate or correct. Just based off what was written in the article. 

What doesn't make sense is a needle was found. Is that not enough. Mustn't be. 

28 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Points to the witness withdrawing their statement against Jones, therefore the RIB most likely won't be pressing any charges. (how can someone just withdraw a statement)?

(Please note I am not sure if this is accurate or correct. Just based off what was written in the 

If this is indeed true, re witness pulling statement, as an owner that is all for fair racing for all, it's disheartening. 

When read Star report re another trainer helping with enquiries, had a guess who it might be. And did think at time this may get interesting as thought they were likely mates. BUT in saying that too, felt that person had integrity. 

• Like 1