The Race Place

INTERDOMINION 2021

Lightning Blue

16 minutes ago, Double R said:

1. No Response.

2. Maori Law.

A beautiful action shot of NO RESPONSE and a youthful Richard Brosnan . 1979 Interdominion trot winner.  2 points to Robert.

Can he train another Grand Final Winner over 40 years later ?? now he is 72 years old I think . With Maori Law ?   Yes he can !!! (maybe lol)

*MAORI LAW won a Group 3 this month after also winning well,  the GROUP 1  Australasian Trotting Championship in September.

The 'traitorous ' Anthony Butt has jumped off to drive MAJESTIC MAN tonight ???  goodness me , that Nz blood still in his blood it seems lol.

Majestic Man a rather warm $1.50 favourite tonight against Maori Law at $7.50.  Ant's abandoning his 'Aussie' winner lol to help you blokes out ? mmmmmm

There was a great song way back and it went " I Fought the Law and the Law Won"   hehehehe

2 Very young ex-pat Kiwi Trainers are taking part tonight in the Interdominion.  Great to see the NEW ones coming through !!!!!!!!!

Jack Trainor (27) has had about 70 wins from 300 odd starters this season in NSW . super impressive. BALRAJ and POCKET OF TERROR could both win tonight too.

Trent Lethaby (24) first season training and 12 wins from just 60 starters. He purchased the trotter RED CASTLETON  off Bernie Hackett in Auckland very cheap , to race with his new girlfriend Taleah Mcmullen in Queensland . He won a couple of local Group 3's so has paid himself off well and truly already for the pair.

Taleah only 20 years old junior driver still , but has driven 300 winners already !! quite incredible . all the ability of her 2 sisters and brother Pete (the leading QLD driver)

Wahoo !!  we have a Queensland rep racing ( Red Castleton at $67-1 tonight in 2nd trot heat) hope he shows some Interdom 'Sir Castleton' type of dash. !!!!!! 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, craigos1 said:

I'll be keeping an eye on Mach Dan , Mach da Vinci

Well done in the galloping tips Craig. Mach da Vinci is a bold show tonight R6 and in sterling form .

Also the kiwi bred The Black Prince in R7, also racing with number 15  is racing very well too, and a strong chance IMO.

Well worth a dollar  is the double 15 - 15  in races 6 and 7 the heats of the Interdominion, @  $300 - 1    .  bring it on 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

2 Very young ex-pat Kiwi Trainers are taking part tonight in the Interdominion.  Great to see the NEW ones coming through !!!!!!!!!

Jack Trainor (27) has had about 70 wins from 300 odd starters this season in NSW . super impressive. BALRAJ and POCKET OF TERROR could both win tonight too.

Trent Lethaby (24) first season training and 12 wins from just 60 starters. He purchased the trotter RED CASTLETON  off Bernie Hackett in Auckland very cheap , to race with his new girlfriend Taleah Mcmullen in Queensland . He won a couple of local Group 3's so has paid himself off well and truly already for the pair.

Taleah only 20 years old junior driver still , but has driven 300 winners already !! quite incredible . all the ability of her 2 sisters and brother Pete (the leading QLD driver)

Wahoo !!  we have a Queensland rep racing ( Red Castleton at $67-1 tonight in 2nd trot heat) hope he shows some Interdom 'Sir Castleton' type of dash. !!!!!! 

Don't forget young Sean Grayling.

Doing well with a $6k purchase, and I would say a roughie  for some of that consolation money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I expect the image used by the official is clearer than that one. Looks potentially outside, but could be a DH. (Wouldn't be surprised to hear it is the inside).

Yes true, re clearer. Good genuine guess. Ill have another taker or 2, then reveal which is the winner & what I had thought. Ill give a clue. The winning margin as per the official website Australian Harness racing is a short-head, so not a deadheat. This is an Interdom Heat. 

Just now, Globederby19 said:

I will go inside , driver is urging his horse a bit more so could be coming home the quicker.?

Love the reasoning here, urging horse a bit more, so Globe is with inside horse, Mardigras is with outside horse. Will reveal Karrots guess now, Karrots had thought deadhead. Any other guesses?

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Cancel my first answer. There is a green line missing somewhere and a few mtres to go .?

Ok so will Yes there is a green line missing isn't there. No green line for the 2nd horse with a margin of a short head.

Current guess standings 

Max who needs a magnifying glass goes for inside. Along with Gordy & DR. 

Globe suspects this is a trick question as the 2nd place horses green line is missing, & suspects a few metres to go. After initially going for inside horse due to driver movement.

Karrots goes for a deadheat.

Hesi & Mardigas go for outside horse. Altho Mardigas wouldn't be surprised if it was inside horse. And suspects officials have a better photo to view. 

Rusty is going for the current 3rd positioned horse. Suspecting this maybe a trick question ... 

Any last minute guesses? Will do reveal shortly. 

Reveal everyone is a winner. As clearly from all our different answers/guesses it was not clear who infact won. As Mardigas said hopefully officials had a better pic to view from. These horses are going for points for Grand Final as well as stake money.

An article on HRNZ an Aussie journo has written win down as being by a whisker. Which is more like it, oppose the short head officials have declared.

In fastest time of Heats the outside horse was the leader, got headed by inside horse, but then fought back. The favourite being beaten by a short-head as per results & got pic from the photo finish as shown here. If going by outside horses leg Id have outside horse as winner. But thought deadhead judging by the pic. But there you have it inside wins.

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 7.24.38 AM.jpg

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

I'll go for this one... just to be different. 

Screenshot_20211128-100215_Gallery.jpg

Crikey I wish you were right !! Love this horse. so had a bet on this bloke at 30-1 in this race above, and he drove him hard again and nearly got there. LINE UP .

Such a shame they didn't have Ant's driving him still. LINE UP beat his stable-mate 'Copy That' 2 years ago at Auckland before running 3rd in Sires stakes Final Chch.

Then he went to Australia early last year,  to Win the Vic and NSW derbies for Ant's and $250k. He is Quite a Horse.  !!!!

A real smokey for the Interdominion. (having resumed recently after year off with injury set-backs) Just needs a  Good 'Driver' now. 

• Like 1

INTERDOMINION quiz.     todays question.   (points so far  Blackie 2, DoubleR 2, GlobeDerby 1 )

Luke McCarthy (and wife Belinda as trainer) stable ran super well with their 4 pronged attack in first round of Interdominion.

In the 3 heats last night, Expensive Ego, King of Swing and Spirit of StLouis (who was pipped at post) running near Identical sectionals leading . (Alta Orlando 2nd for the stable as well.   All rattling home in 28 then 26 second last quarters. The final is over 'longer' distance, so that might change things up a bit.

Luke has had the applecart tipped up in the past, so is yet to win the Interdomion .

QUESTION Who is this fine Horse ? that did the damage to McCarthy stable Interdominion dreams in past series's.  2. which State is he from ?

Beautide – Farewell to a Legend