The Race Place

Interdominion Grand Finals . Pick The 2 Winning Trifecta's for the Glory .

Lightning Blue

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Yip & horses (trotters & pacer finalists) were all in retention barn too, as per DR investigation findings.

So big tick there & big tick top of Everest. 

they put his whole stable in there and still couldnt find anything - the "product" being used works for about 3 months and it doesnt swab - not sure exactly what or why alford and jones are doing on race day although as was reported nickel was used supplement it

1 hour ago, Enteebee said:

they put his whole stable in there and still couldnt find anything - the "product" being used works for about 3 months and it doesnt swab - not sure exactly what or why alford and jones are doing on race day although as was reported nickel was used supplement it

3 months really, never heard of that. Sounds like quite a long time. 

Re Alford 

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-sport/star-racing/seven-year-ban-harness-racing-trainer-caught-injecting-horse

Racing Integrity Unit investigators placed a surveillance camera at Alford’s Woodend Beach stable before they raided the property moments after Alford injected both horses with a dose of formalin, containing about 10 per cent formaldehyde, a chemical used to embalm corpses.    

Formalin is used to treat internal bleeding, but is banned in New Zealand because it can harm a horse’s cardiovascular system. Jimmy Cannon subsequently died on April 13, Harness Racing New Zealand reported.

Alford also admitted attempting to ‘tube’ Johnny Nevits with bicarbonate soda and water - a process known within the industry as a ‘milkshake’ designed to boost a horse’s stamina.

Rather than finish this thread of the Interdominion with Formalin and milkshakes , Here's a better story for the INTERDOMINION Champion.

I think everyone will be looking at Claimers in claiming races Very closely from now on lol.

Here's the story how Boncel Benjamin got his name...............

Steven Duffy took a moment to look to the sky after the pacer he named after his father caused a huge upset and won the Inter Dominion final on protest at Menangle on Saturday night.

Just hours earlier, Duffy visited his father’s grave just outside Shepparton and told him he was going to Sydney to win the sport’s biggest race with $50 outsider Boncel Benjamin.

“I lost my Dad in a car crash when I was just 21. I always wanted to name a horse after him when a really good horse came along and this was the one.

“Dad’s name was Boncel Benjamin Duffy. I’ve never heard of anyone else called Boncel.

0bf2090076672733c4d71285661e964a

Steven Duffy made a stopover to visit his father’s grave with the 2021 TAB Inter Dominion trophy. Picture: Steven Duffy

“This horse always had ability, but he’s done three tendons and it looked like he’d never fulfill his potential.”

It was just back in March when Boncel Benjamin raced in a “claimer” where all horses were for sale. You’d have bought him for just $35,000.

“Thankfully nobody did, probably because of his injury history,” Duffy said.

Soon after Duffy thought Boncel Benjamin, renowned for his early gate speed and brilliance, would be best suited moving to Menangle where they run so many mile (sprint races).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...