The Race Place

SUMMER SUPER DRAFT COMP DRAFT THREAD - Draft is Tuesday 11th Jan - 8.00pm NZ time (6.00pm Oz time)

PWJ

Summer Super Comp Draft 8.00pm NZ time (6.00pm Oz) Tuesday Jan 11

We have enough players for 9 teams 

First round next weekend will be Gold Coast and Trentham (and maybe one from Flemington).

How the draft will work -

Each Captain will have 90 secs to submit a draft pick (if they have not already submitted an email to me containing their draft order). Captains, submit your draft order to me as a PM if you don't want to participate in the Live Draft

If you don't pick and post in 90 seconds the next Captain will be invited and then the option will return to you once and once only once the next Captain has taken their turn. If you fail to select a 2nd time I will randomly draw a player from the Draft Pool for your team.

CAPTAINS (9)

Hesi

Ray

Maria

Rex

Howie

Ian

Pete

Max

Craig

DRAFT (36)

Blind Squirrel

Buller Rep

Dino

Gary

Gee

Geoff

Gordy

Gospel of Judas

Graeme

Happy Sunrise

Harewood

Heather

Jack

Jakey Boy

Jen

Lightning Blue

Maurice

Midnight Caller

Pam

PJ

Punter Pete

Rees

Richie

Rob

Robert

Roland

Secret Squirrel

Sharne

Smiler

Steve P

Stevie N

Tom

Tonkatime

Trotslover

Wrinkles

Ziggy

• PWJ pinned this topic

DRAFT ORDER

This is the usual "snake" draft with the order reversed on each successive round of the draft.

1. Ray

2. Pete

3. Ian

4. Maria

5. Hesi

6. Craig

7. Max

8. Rex

9. Howie

10. Howie

11. Rex

12. Max

13. Craig

14. Hesi

15. Maria

16. Ian

17. Pete

18. Ray

19. Ray

20. Pete

21. Ian

22. Maria

23. Hesi

24. Craig

25. Max

26. Rex

27. Howie

28. Howie

29. Rex

30. Max

31. Craig

32. Hesi

33. Maria

34. Ian

35. Pete

36. Ray

17 hours ago, TooFast said:

I hope Geoff's still there when I come in at No. 27 ! 🙂

Howie, You're the only Cap who gets two picks in the first 10 draft choices plus you will be all done when the dregs of the final 8 unchosen are fought over - I'd say you were looking good provided no one steals the Plodder in the first 8 picks....

34 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Howie, You're the only Cap who gets two picks in the first 10 draft choices plus you will be all done when the dregs of the final 8 unchosen are fought over - I'd say you were looking good provided no one steals the Plodder in the first 8 picks....

Howie may wish to bribe other Captains in order to ensure he gets JP..in which case Maxi's bank account number can be made available by PM. 

MM

• Haha 1

It gives the Mustelid great pleasure to announce that he hath not yet come up with a team name, for a variety of reasons. Not least is that he knoweth not who his team consists of, and Max likes to get team approval of the name before Round 1. He also has to invent a name that is short, easy to spell, outrageously klever, and does not cause The Legendary Scorer any grief (too many letters etc).

As Rachel once said; it may not happen overnight but it will happen.

MM

14 minutes ago, Maximus said:

It gives the Mustelid great pleasure to announce that he hath not yet come up with a team name, for a variety of reasons. Not least is that he knoweth not who his team consists of, and Max likes to get team approval of the name before Round 1. He also has to invent a name that is short, easy to spell, outrageously klever, and does not cause The Legendary Scorer any grief (too many letters etc).

MM

Always the rogue Max...

image.png.be3d97087a83aa8dae712c94592fced3.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maximus said:

MM

The Noddies

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maximus said:

MM

No Panteening around here mate. Keep it clean.... 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Maximus said:

indeed, Rayzor Sharp ...sometimes inspiration cometh quite quickly and sometimes not at all. Will be fab to see who you pick as #1 in the Draft!

MM

It will be! The curse of the first pick has ruined the chances of many highly sought after players and as a consequence the team that select them. I just can't bring myself to jinx any Turbo players so instead I'll be looking outside the Turbo box. Having said that, Turbos line up 2-5 on my list. 

So, for reasons of form, reputation or just plain sabotage the following people have come into serious consideration to carry the curse of the first pick. 

In no particluar order.. Maurice, Geoff, Gordy, Jack, Richie, Sharne, Tom.

• Like 2