The Race Place

SUMMER SUPER DRAFT COMP DRAFT THREAD - Draft is Tuesday 11th Jan - 8.00pm NZ time (6.00pm Oz time)

PWJ

47 minutes ago, Rayzor said:

It will be! The curse of the first pick has ruined the chances of many highly sought after players and as a consequence the team that select them. I just can't bring myself to jinx any Turbo players so instead I'll be looking outside the Turbo box. Having said that, Turbos line up 2-5 on my list. 

So, for reasons of form, reputation or just plain sabotage the following people have come into serious consideration to carry the curse of the first pick. 

In no particluar order.. Maurice, Geoff, Gordy, Jack, Richie, Sharne, Tom.

Funnily enough my first pick is in those names.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

It gives the Mustelid great pleasure to announce that he hath not yet come up with a team name, for a variety of reasons. Not least is that he knoweth not who his team consists of, and Max likes to get team approval of the name before Round 1. He also has to invent a name that is short, easy to spell, outrageously klever, and does not cause The Legendary Scorer any grief (too many letters etc).

As Rachel once said; it may not happen overnight but it will happen.

MM

Stop faffing about and provide a name 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PWJ said:

Howie, You're the only Cap who gets two picks in the first 10 draft choices plus you will be all done when the dregs of the final 8 unchosen are fought over - I'd say you were looking good provided no one steals the Plodder in the first 8 picks....

I’ll be shocked if The Plodder ends up in Fish Bait

Everyone knows he’s the top tipster in the family

You could say he’s the glue in the Blues outfit

BTW do you have dregs in your comps?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, PWJ said:

Howie, You're the only Cap who gets two picks in the first 10 draft choices plus you will be all done when the dregs of the final 8 unchosen are fought over - I'd say you were looking good provided no one steals the Plodder in the first 8 picks....

hehe ...I think I got too smart and was misunderstood ..... I knew I had 2 early picks ..... I was throwing it out there to me not going to be considering the plodder until my round 27 pick was due ! ☺️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maximus said:

It gives the Mustelid great pleasure to announce that he hath not yet come up with a team name, for a variety of reasons. Not least is that he knoweth not who his team consists of, and Max likes to get team approval of the name before Round 1. He also has to invent a name that is short, easy to spell, outrageously klever, and does not cause The Legendary Scorer any grief (too many letters etc).

As Rachel once said; it may not happen overnight but it will happen.

MM

oh, no .... not this again 😄.......weren't we into round 4 of the previous draft comp before Maxi finally sealed his team name on the books.
Here's a thought for Maxi's team name ........ The Ditherers.
No, no thanks necessary ...I'm always keen to help, you know that. 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rayzor said:

I just can't bring myself to jinx any Turbo players so instead I'll be looking outside the Turbo box.

That's the official despatch for the media ...... and it sounds convincing enough to lure in the gullible and the naive ...... but the word around the traps is that in reality Ray doesn't see any Turbo having the necessary wherewithall to successfully carry the banner of #1 selection.
So Ray will be looking to tried-and-proven Team Mighty Blues and Team Piko luminaries to slot in as the prestigious #1 Comp draftee ...... and who can blame Ray for that.
He knows what's good for him ! 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VC! said:

I’ll be shocked if The Plodder ends up in Fish Bait

Everyone knows he’s the top tipster in the family

You could say he’s the glue in the Blues outfit

BTW do you have dregs in your comps?

Maybe we'll never know the plodder's true worth, cos he's always been my #1 selection each and every draft comp and therefore his value has never really been tested in the marketplace.
Fair to say the plodder has been a stand-out in recent years, and well-known as very likely the most consistently successful Best Bet-taker in all comps. That has been pure gold for each team he has been in.
Based on that, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the plodder go in 8, and that's ok ...I won't be at all offended, in case anyone thinks they might upset me by picking the plodder before I get the chance to call up his name. I would just say "that's racing ! you win some ..you lose some"  🙂

2 hours ago, TooFast said:

That's the official despatch for the media ...... and it sounds convincing enough to lure in the gullible and the naive ...... but the word around the traps is that in reality Ray doesn't see any Turbo having the necessary wherewithall to successfully carry the banner of #1 selection.
So Ray will be looking to tried-and-proven Team Mighty Blues and Team Piko luminaries to slot in as the prestigious #1 Comp draftee ...... and who can blame Ray for that.
He knows what's good for him ! 😁

Totally understand why you've gone on the offensive Howie but let's be honest. You'll be spending your first day inducting 4 new members to the Blue Piko franchise whether I pluck one of the former from your grasp or not. At 9th pick you'll be lucky to get Bluko!  (The Blues/Piko mascot )  

But in In the interests of a close competition, I sincerely hope there are still some Turbos available to help build the foundations of your new team. From what I hear they will go like hot cakes. 🔥🔥🔥  In fact I guarantee less than half the Turbos team will be available by the time I get to my 2nd pick!  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JustPlodded said:

I was a Turbo once. I recall we gave the comp a good nudge that time. 
It is good to mix these teams up sometimes. 
I even think Graeme will be hesitant to join the gals in the the Hot Bitches, sorry..  Baches,  this time.

We're speaking about you, not to you

14 hours ago, JustPlodded said:

I was a Turbo once. I recall we gave the comp a good nudge that time. 
It is good to mix these teams up sometimes. 
I even think Graeme will be hesitant to join the gals in the the Hot Bitches, sorry..  Baches,  this time.

Hey don't you start making fun of my potential baches! 😲  ..  you might end up one of them! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sir Gallivant said:

May I suggest that if Max does not conform to the request of providing a name pre the draft, his final team may wish to consult

YARN | It is mutiny! | Star Trek (1966) - S03E24 Turnabout Intruder | Video  gifs by quotes | 83df1f44 | 紗

The Mutineers has spme appeal, thanx Sir G ...

in the meantime PJ will prob just run with Maxi$ as a provisional name

• Sad 1