The Race Place

Bet365

pete

Jesus I ended up in a cycle of stupidity after I got a request for address verification after having operated the account for more than a year. Thought you might be entertained by this email.

"Can I just have it put on record how abysmal your address verification process is?

After having operated an account for over a year I got a notification about address verification when I logged in yesterday. I sent a bank statement through and received an email saying that the account was fully verified.

When I logged in again today I got the same notification. It turned out that my documents had not been accepted but I never received any notification  of this.

At 17.06 today I received a message from Charlie K saying that the documents I provided were blank and could I please provide another proof of address. Listed amongst the options was 'mobile telephone bill'. I sent that through and received another notification saying the account was verified but now my ability to withdraw from the account had been removed.

I finally spoke via chat to Morgan who said that Charlie was wrong and mobile bills weren't acceptable.

I'm sorry but at this point I lost my patience.

I finally resolved the whole issue by sending a utility bill through which was thankfully accepted.

I really love being a bet365 customer but have to say that this whole episode smacks of incompetence. How hard can it be?

I'm currently considering whether to close my account because this just isn't good enough."

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Jesus I ended up in a cycle of stupidity after I got a request for address verification after having operated the account for more than a year. Thought you might be entertained by this email.

"Can I just have it put on record how abysmal your address verification process is?

After having operated an account for over a year I got a notification about address verification when I logged in yesterday. I sent a bank statement through and received an email saying that the account was fully verified.

When I logged in again today I got the same notification. It turned out that my documents had not been accepted but I never received any notification  of this.

At 17.06 today I received a message from Charlie K saying that the documents I provided were blank and could I please provide another proof of address. Listed amongst the options was 'mobile telephone bill'. I sent that through and received another notification saying the account was verified but now my ability to withdraw from the account had been removed.

I finally spoke via chat to Morgan who said that Charlie was wrong and mobile bills weren't acceptable.

I'm sorry but at this point I lost my patience.

I finally resolved the whole issue by sending a utility bill through which was thankfully accepted.

I really love being a bet365 customer but have to say that this whole episode smacks of incompetence. How hard can it be?

I'm currently considering whether to close my account because this just isn't good enough."

Stop cutting off your nose to spite your face Pete, you know how good they have been compared with the TAB

Do you want me to call you by another well known person's name, who really did cut off their nose to spite their face

Regards Worzel Gummidge

Just now, Hesi said:

Stop cutting off your nose to spite your face Pete, you know how good they have been compared with the TAB

Do you want me to call you by another well known person's name, who really did cut off their nose to spite their face

Regards Worzel Gummidge

You've missed the point. The whole process was a sack of shit. They send emails telling you you're verified when you aren't. Give you wrong info about what's acceptable and worst of all block withdrawals.

Really crap service.

7 hours ago, slam dunk said:

There is absolutely no need for bookmakers. They are dragging racing down. Given new technology and software clubs can bypass them completely.

You might well be right slam, but the issue I see is that as it stands, clubs are not legally entitled to run any form of revenue generating gambling themselves. The only forms of gambling they could do would be as a class 3 operator (and each club would need a license) and I'm not sure the approach you are talking about fits in with the class 3 rules.

And from past posts, you don't seem keen to elaborate on exactly how they would do this (which is fair enough), but if it was that simple, there wouldn't be a lot of money involved in any software to do it I wouldn't have thought - so not sure why you are not prepared to divulge at least some of how you see this happening. It simply wouldn't work if it was some form of peer to peer solution imo (which it may not be).

Even some basics about how you see this possible would be interesting to read. 

9 hours ago, mardigras said:

You might well be right slam, but the issue I see is that as it stands, clubs are not legally entitled to run any form of revenue generating gambling themselves. The only forms of gambling they could do would be as a class 3 operator (and each club would need a license) and I'm not sure the approach you are talking about fits in with the class 3 rules.

And from past posts, you don't seem keen to elaborate on exactly how they would do this (which is fair enough), but if it was that simple, there wouldn't be a lot of money involved in any software to do it I wouldn't have thought - so not sure why you are not prepared to divulge at least some of how you see this happening. It simply wouldn't work if it was some form of peer to peer solution imo (which it may not be).

Even some basics about how you see this possible would be interesting to read. 

You are right about the nitty gritty being kept to ones chest.

The way I see it the TAB should be there to offer betting on everything everywhere in a way it could be taken over by an overseas agency. Local betting on local events kept separate so that it is merged with sponsors prizes making the clubs responsible for generating their own turnover and betting formats. Naturally law changes required. But surely if betting can be used as a promotional tool to generate business activity thats a good thing.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

You are right about the nitty gritty being kept to ones chest.

The way I see it the TAB should be there to offer betting on everything everywhere in a way it could be taken over by an overseas agency. Local betting on local events kept separate so that it is merged with sponsors prizes making the clubs responsible for generating their own turnover and betting formats. Naturally law changes required. But surely if betting can be used as a promotional tool to generate business activity thats a good thing.

Good luck with what you have in mind. I struggle to see why a punter would bet through a club as I can't see them getting sufficient enticement for someone to do so to any great degree.

I wouldn't bet on anything where the result was a form of barter.  So for me at least, any bet I placed, I would want to receive the proceeds of any success in cash/funds allowing me to use that cash/funds again for another investment or to buy anything I may want. And to get to the point where the club is generating upwards of $200k+ in net revenue (to cover stakes and costs), is going to require a lot of punters prepared to engage in whatever the strategy is.

Which is why I stated that peer to peer wouldn't work at that level. There won't be sufficient assets able to be traded (whether that be cash or services) at an agreeable price point, to generate the revenue imo.

Hopefully the idea will come to fruition and then I'll understand why it has been kept under wraps.

Aren't you going to have to sell the idea to clubs in order to advance it?

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

Good luck with what you have in mind. I struggle to see why a punter would bet through a club as I can't see them getting sufficient enticement for someone to do so to any great degree.

I wouldn't bet on anything where the result was a form of barter.  So for me at least, any bet I placed, I would want to receive the proceeds of any success in cash/funds allowing me to use that cash/funds again for another investment or to buy anything I may want. And to get to the point where the club is generating upwards of $200k+ in net revenue (to cover stakes and costs), is going to require a lot of punters prepared to engage in whatever the strategy is.

Which is why I stated that peer to peer wouldn't work at that level. There won't be sufficient assets able to be traded (whether that be cash or services) at an agreeable price point, to generate the revenue imo.

Hopefully the idea will come to fruition and then I'll understand why it has been kept under wraps.

Aren't you going to have to sell the idea to clubs in order to advance it?

You are reading more into this than required therefore deviating along the wrong road. The TAB still has the same betting but on top of that an oncourse system which promotes sponsors products as well. Women would more likely have a bet if there was a chance of winning a washing machine whilst hardened punters wouldn't mind shouting their kids a hard won prize.

Think of it another way. Prior to race meeting much easier to target a town or suburb with an advertising publication soley of products and services.

8 hours ago, slam dunk said:

64 dollar question. Waiting for patent and trademark approval.

Very cryptic slam

On 1/10/2022 at 11:00 PM, slam dunk said:

There is absolutely no need for bookmakers. 

14 hours ago, slam dunk said:

The way I see it the TAB should be there to offer betting on everything everywhere in a way it could be taken over by an overseas agency. 

12 hours ago, slam dunk said:

The TAB still has the same betting but on top of that an oncourse system which promotes sponsors products as well.

The TAB is one of the bookies - hence my confused state. There is no need for bookmakers, yet the TAB still has the same betting?

But if what you are working on delivers just one thing, then it will be awesome. 

That 'thing' being taking NZ racing from being a tax-payer funded beneficiary to a self sustained vibrant one. That would make a nice change.