The Race Place

Leading Racing Internet man has new business

Gospel Of Judas

See Colin Wrightman finally found something keep him off the Racing sites. So can't claim be NZ best Trainer, breeder, owner and stallion manager. Someone sent me links a month ago been too busy post them.  Also some find it funny gone in with The Green Party!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/homed/124071938/another-tiny-homes-stoush-brewing-in-north-canterbury 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/homed/houses/114585903/tiny-house-maker-facing-uncertain-future-from-waimakariri-district-council  

https://www.kiwitinyhome.com/blog/fighting-the-good-fight-for-kiwi-tiny-homes

• Haha 1

Yes, is very old info - but maybe he just came to the realisation that NZ racing was beyond help, even though I disagreed with a lot of what he suggested.

I hadn't seen him state he was the things you mention, but at least he had a passion.

Edited by mardigras

1 thing will say re Tiny Homes, is they aren't actually a bad idea in the current climate re house prices - Auckland.

Was reading just last nite, some developers wanting to build a bunch of small places for MIQ purposes, near Huntly. Sure I read M Key new development company wanted to get involved.

Colin was well known Gallops poster, thought was hot shit because owned, breed and trained some group winners. Kind rubbed everyone up the wrong way in the end. Find it funny use constantly go on about Green Party, yet ended geting own business support backed up by them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Colin was well known Gallops poster, thought was hot shit because owned, breed and trained some group winners. Kind rubbed everyone up the wrong way in the end. Find it funny use constantly go on about Green Party, yet ended geting own business support backed up by them.

He was - I had a huge number of discussions with him online. He had his own views, I wouldn't say he was a lot worse in that regard than many posters - myself included. I'm sure @RaceChatwould remember those days between Colin and myself, when I posted as 'Rod Hill' 

Edited by mardigras

29 minutes ago, mardigras said:

He was - I had a huge number of discussions with him online. He had his own views, I wouldn't say he was a lot worse in that regard than many posters - myself included. I'm sure @RaceChatwould remember those days between Colin and myself, when I posted as 'Rod Hill' 

Remember them well Marty. Colin's main problem was a superiority complex.

Then there was the fact that he thought Painted Black was a top sire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

1 thing will say re Tiny Homes, is they aren't actually a bad idea in the current climate re house prices - Auckland.

Was reading just last nite, some developers wanting to build a bunch of small places for MIQ purposes, near Huntly. Sure I read M Key new development company wanted to get involved.

I thought Tiny Holmes was a well known harness driver.

(Joke!)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pete said:

Remember them well Marty. Colin's main problem was a superiority complex.

Then there was the fact that he thought Painted Black was a top sire.

Colin was abit fishy when came to that, trying make out was gun sire and did not have interest in it. Then got found out he did...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mardigras said:

Very entertaining,  I used to think.

The pair of you tangled often, commingling was one topic that got blood pressure up!

Many of his assertions have come to fruition - as have yours.  So, from the position of an observer, a very 'educational' period.

I trained for him, for a while, he was pretty good to deal with on the whole. Managed to shift a horse to HK for him too, so overall very profitable. 

• Like 3