The Race Place

Where's the bucket?

mardigras

Te Akau Monday Update – Te Akau Racing

Supposedly, everyone loses by having Opie Bosson out for Trentham.

The Wellington Racing Club loses New Zealand’s star jockey on one of its best and highest profile race days of the year. 
True, but is of little significance imo.

The Wellington public and on course attendees do not experience New Zealand’s most successful Group 1 rider in action. 
Again, of little significance. I certianly have never gone to the races to witness a specific jockey ride. 

The owners miss out on having the top rider on their wonderful mare. 
How does that make them lose? Are they not starting the horse? She has the same chance with or without Bosson - even with Chris Dell.

The mare herself loses her pilot for a crucial Group 1, that can add huge residual value to her.
How does that make her lose? Is she not capable of winning without Bosson? Odd thing to suggest.

The industry and TAB lose too as many punters follow Opie.
And many punters don't follow him. It's a big stretch to suggest he increases the net revenue from punters. 
Firstly, if he is so great, surely he will win races. 
If he wins races, surely the TAB will be losers on those horses in fixed odds markets.
Remind me again of how the industry lose and the TAB lose if he doesn't ride.

Ellis as usual, is showing his true colours. They're not tangerine coloured though.

No wonder the industry is in strife when someone builds up a single person as being such a need to the industry. Perhaps Bosson needs to think about these things himself before he makes an error in judgement.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Again, of little significance. I certianly have never gone to the races to witness a specific jockey ride. 

I have to admit I have

When I was young I went to Ellerslie to watch a specific jockey ride, I think he rode something like 4 winners and a second from 6 rides, he was latter done for tax fraud

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, VC! said:

Thats the one

I think thats the one and only time I've gone to the races because a jockey was riding, I think my parents were the influential factor that day

Between you and me, I think there is possibly a tiny difference between him and Bosson. Actually, the win mentioned was a pretty good ride. That was patience.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VC! said:

Thats the one

I think thats the one and only time I've gone to the races because a jockey was riding, I think my parents were the influential factor that day

Those international races were great.

Remember Jesus 'Bong' Guce?

1 hour ago, VC! said:

I have to admit I have

When I was young I went to Ellerslie to watch a specific jockey ride, I think he rode something like 4 winners and a second from 6 rides, he was latter done for tax fraud

Went to Epsom once to watch a specific jockey ride. He was later also done for tax fraud.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VC! said:

I have to admit I have

4 minutes ago, curious said:

Went to Epsom once to watch a specific jockey ride. He was later also done for tax fraud.

If someone went to the races to watch Bosson ride - my 1st pick would be his mother. I'm struggling to come up with a second pick.

I've been to the races and seen Dettori and Moore in the NH, but I wouldn't go to the races because of them. (They actually both won races at Royal Ascot when I was there).

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

The Wellington Racing Club loses New Zealand’s star jockey on one of its best and highest profile race days of the year. 

The Wellington public and on course attendees do not experience New Zealand’s most successful Group 1 rider in action. 

How does that make them lose? Are they not starting the horse? She has the same chance with or without Bosson - even with Chris Dell.

The mare herself loses her pilot for a crucial Group 1, that can add huge residual value to her.
How does that make her lose? Is she not capable of winning without Bosson? Odd thing to suggest.

And many punters don't follow him. It's a big stretch to suggest he increases the net revenue from punters. 
If he wins races, surely the TAB will be losers on those horses in fixed odds markets.

Ellis as usual, is showing his true colours. They're not tangerine coloured though.

No wonder the industry is in strife when someone builds up a single person as being such a need to the industry. Perhaps Bosson needs to think about these things himself before he makes an error in judgement.

ELITE owner defending an ELITE jockey who often rides for an ELITE trainer who trains for an ELITE group of owners.

These socalled giants of the industry have too much say.

• Like 2

I suppose the simple answer is Don't Start Her.

What a load of bollocks, this is starting to look like the Dorkovic saga.  If you have money and power you think you can manipulate the system.

Piss off Ellis

• Like 2

All those that think Ellis and Te Akau are good for the industry, think again, this is an example of why they are not

If he does not agree with what is happening, wants it done his way etc etc, then he will use his money power and influence to try and get the result he wants, a result that is usually to the benefit of Te Akau

6 minutes ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Better not say too many bad things about Ellis his mate from BOAY will not be happy!. Say be why certain Owner from there outed me. 

You don't have to worry about that sort of thing here. Just don't post anything that can't be backed up with factual evidence.

11 minutes ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Better not say too many bad things about Ellis his mate from BOAY will not be happy!. Say be why certain Owner from there outed me. 

First statement is opinion Gospel

Second is fact, by virtue of what he is doing and has said on social media

Guest Wilfred
2 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Why are you always going on about what happens on another site? Who cares?

Looking at the video, it was an over confident crap ride on the Perfect Pink by the over rated Bosson.  Ellis should be lambasting him for the ride, not coming out with some of the garbage he is.

This is the Opie Bosson that cannot get a 1.20 then 1.30 shot(Time Flies) home for Te Akau

Shows how incestuous racing is in NZ.  In Aus, Bosson would have been pilloried for the ride