The Race Place

not such a karaka field ...

Maximus

very very disappointing field for the Karaka (Stayers) Cup.

A seven-horse field led by the worthy #1 Tiptronic who is forced to carry the grandstand, such is his superiority on Ratings.

#2 Sir Nate is a R82 and it tails off from there. A R62 horse is #7 ... Iffrajinator 3 wins from 37 starts inlcuding several times last in R65 fields this prep.

WHY SUCH A CRAP FIELD? Interested in your answers, peeps, there $110k up for grabs so it ain't the stake money

MM

50 minutes ago, Maximus said:

very very disappointing field for the Karaka (Stayers) Cup.

A seven-horse field led by the worthy #1 Tiptronic who is forced to carry the grandstand, such is his superiority on Ratings.

#2 Sir Nate is a R82 and it tails off from there. A R62 horse is #7 ... Iffrajinator 3 wins from 37 starts inlcuding several times last in R65 fields this prep.

WHY SUCH A CRAP FIELD? Interested in your answers, peeps, there $110k up for grabs so it ain't the stake money

MM

They could only get 8 for the City Of Auckland Cup, with 200K up, also with the quality tailing off

Not usually a conspiracy theorist, but wonder what shady dealings went on behind the scenes, with the scratching of Grace'N'Grey to allow Time Flies to get into the field.

The owner of Time Flies probably provides TA with a lot of business, and G'N'G is just another TA syndicate horse.

What if TA, know that Time Flies is the best of their horses.  From the money on it first 2 runs, someone thinks it's crash hot

32 minutes ago, barryb said:

You are a typical Labour whinger Hesi, contribute fuck all, don’t own any horses and whinge like fuck when smart owners are sending decent horses overseas.

Then are shocked when the fields here are shit.
You are not a bad bloke Hesi but the whinging gets fucking tiresome.

You're on that weed again aren't you Barry

Grace N Grey owned by a KFE Te Akau syndicate.

Time Flies owned by Chris Rutten and Little Avondale Stud.

I personally can't see anything wrong with this situation. 

If it was reversed I'd be more concerned but in  any case I don't see anything underhand in what has been done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hesi said:

Not usually a conspiracy theorist, but wonder what shady dealings went on behind the scenes, with the scratching of Grace'N'Grey to allow Time Flies to get into the field.

The owner of Time Flies probably provides TA with a lot of business, and G'N'G is just another TA syndicate horse.

What if TA, know that Time Flies is the best of their horses.  From the money on it first 2 runs, someone thinks it's crash hot

Hi Hesi.

I don't believe in the conspiracy theory, as if Time Flies is their best horse, then why not just pull out one of their other four horses out before acceptance time.

Just my thoughts.

Robert.

6 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Hesi.

I don't believe in the conspiracy theory, as if Time Flies is their best horse, then why not just pull out one of their other four horses out before acceptance time.

Just my thoughts.

Robert.

Maybe they thought they could have their cake and eat it, and squeak in anyway

8 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Hesi.

Just my thoughts.

Robert.

Although they wouldn't know how many would accept, so may not have achieved that outcome.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, there is the omen bet, Time Flies, currently at 11.00.  A mountain of money has already gone on this horse in it's first 2 starts.  I suppose the thing opposing my conspiracy theory, is that Bosson is not on it.

Just posing the scenario, and wondering what back room dealing has gone on if any.  Te Akau after all are well known for manipulating things to suit themselves, and if Time Flies is indeed their best horse, then they will have wanted it in the race

26 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Sometimes these forums are hard case alright.

1 poster calls out another poster for having a moan, then swiftly follows it up with a moan themselves lol.

It's just Barry

Barry is like a big cuddly bear, just every so often he reminds us he is a bear and has a growl

3 minutes ago, Hesi said:

It's just Barry

Barry is like a big cuddly bear, just every so often he reminds us he is a bear and has growl

Haha.

Dont know anything about this topic. Max was the starter of this thread anyway lol. Not saying Max is having a moan.

Its too good.  Anyway leave you gallop folk to it, to debate the Karaka field. 

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Well, there is the omen bet, Time Flies, currently at 11.00.  A mountain of money has already gone on this horse in it's first 2 starts.  I suppose the thing opposing my conspiracy theory, is that Bosson is not on it.

Just posing the scenario, and wondering what back room dealing has gone on if any.  Te Akau after all are well known for manipulating things to suit themselves, and if Time Flies is indeed their best horse, then they will have wanted it in the race

It is human nature for us to have our theories, and that is what makes this website so good, we can put our points of view over, and in general, be accepting of each others view.

My view is, on what Time Flies as shown to date, he has been a little disappointing, but it is well known, he will be ridden differently tomorrow, and blinkers are going on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Haha.

Dont know anything about this topic. Max was the starter of this thread anyway lol. Not saying Max is having a moan.

Its too good.  Anyway leave you gallop folk to it, to debate the Karaka field. 

Max is a powder puff

Just now, barryb said:

Just for your info Max, the quality of the field is of no concern to me, if there is value to be had then its a great field to me.

As Mardigras said BGP have found value and they have created super value elsewhere for me, I took Even Chance at $12, I have it rated at $3.80.

Yes that is one of the good things about BGP, they accentuate value elsewhere.

Who is picking for BGP this year?

10 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Goes back to Jandell, remember her in the 70's

21 minutes ago, pete said:

I reckon Alabama Gold looks superb value.

Alabama Gold was an $85,000 purchase out of Highline Thoroughbreds’ draft at Karaka and is from the speedy family of Vinaka, who won both the Gr.1 Railway (1200m) and the Gr.1 Telegraph (1200m).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pete said:

Jamie Richards in the Herald:

"It's unfortunate we had to scratch Grace 'N' Grey"

Doesn't say why.

WE ARE VERY SAD TO ANNOUNCE GRACE ‘N’ GREY WILL BE SCRATCHED FROM THE 2YO KARAKA MILLION. MINOR MUSCLE ISSUE - VERY GUTTED FOR HER OWNERS BUT SHE WILL KEEP AS SHE IS A VERY EXCITING FILLY FOR THE FUTURE.
TIME FLIES WILL TAKE HIS PLACE OFF THE BALLOT SO WE WILL HAVE FOUR STABLE RUNNERS STEP OUT
  • Thanks 1