The Race Place

NZ Cup , the Great Race x 4

Lightning Blue

Q2*Robin Dundee *Young Quinn = Miracle Mile Winners/but Non-Winners NZ Cup 🤪

Q3 Trifecta: * Lazarus (most brilliant Cup Winner x 10L Still Record Time. -10metres wouldn't stop him) *Lightning Blue (out toughing Luxury Liner a sight to behold) *Self Assured

17-6-9 🤑

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Tiger Tara

Locharburn in my opinion(when fully fit) was the best horse of that crop. Tiger Tara defeated him occasionally and went onto bigger things but Locharburn was the better horse. His Derby win typified this but then was beset by injury.

He is at stud now and as a son of Christian Cullen I am most interested to see what he leaves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Josias said:

Q2*Robin Dundee *Young Quinn = Miracle Mile Winners/but Non-Winners NZ Cup

Question 2 Answer ........... Josias Close but No cigar . 

The interesting bit of Trivia contained in Question 2 answer is YOUNG QUINN and ELSU.

Add them to the list of horses I had made earlier in thread  >>>>>>>>

(Tactician, First Lee NSW, Gammalite VIC, Mark Hanover, Our Sir Vancelot, Smoken Up/I'm ThemightyQuinn, Ultimate Sniper. )     and you have All the Auckland Interdominion Pacing Grand Final winners. !!!

In all history if you Win the Auckland Interdominion Pacing Final , like all that list did , You DON"T win the NZ CUP.

Tactician, Young Quinn, Elsu, Smoken Up, Gammalite and Mark Hanover   all tried the Big double ..and failed.

No points for that one folks , will tally up the final Trifecta Question 3 now.

5 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

In all history if you Win the Auckland Interdominion Pacing Final , like all that list did , You DON"T win the NZ CUP.

All history hasn't finished yet, and its you ,"didn't" win the NZ Cup, but not because you won an Auckland Inter. So far. Im sure that will change. Pure semantics there LB. 

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

All history hasn't finished yet, and its you ,"didn't" win the NZ Cup, but not because you won an Auckland Inter. So far. Im sure that will change. Pure semantics there LB. 

Fair comment. just a bit of trivia mate, that may never be achieved.

I personally find it staggering that the double hasn't been achieved by one of the 10 Auckland Interdominion GF winners to date , given the quality of those winners. Tactician, Elsu, Young Quinn , Smoken Up and Gammalite ....

5 of the best horses to ever grace the tracks of New Zealand too.

HOPEFULLY the 'curse' will be broken someday as you say , after near 80 years of trying  ....BUT will it  ??? 

Auckland might close before it is ever done ? . The Impossible double then . ..

Well the races are run and thanks very much for the input , and looking at 67 NZ Cup runners from the great A-Z list of harness horses. Makes history seem great !!!  better than war anyway lol.....

67 magic horses that put on the Great show for us , in the Great race. (almost beats Interdominion List) 

Question 3 answer . Select the trifecta in Race 4 Aussies v Allstars to match LB trifecta selection.  

Blackie and Globe Derby correctly labelling the 'Race Record Holder' LAZARUS as the winner in fast time. 2 points each.

Josias named 'Lazarus' and 'Lightning Blue' so picks up 4 points . Karrots again ??? How does she do it ? 6 points with the correct 3 horses that I submitted with Pete 3 days ago. Very well done Karrots. 2 boxed tri's trotting lol.....

Selected Trifecta being 1st Lazarus, 2nd Adore Me, 3rd Lightning Blue as the combo needed.  (Blue might of struggled in that field but at least he won the race (Cup) in his year, compared to most Aussies that tried lol.....) 

Final Points then >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Karrots (Nz Cup trivia champion) 22 points, Josias 19 pts picking up 7 today, Blackie 18pts with 5 pts  scored today 

Globe Derby 14, Sir Gallivant 8, Trotslover 6 and Enteebee 4 points 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That Karrots, is she getting swabbed?

Thanks again LB, great effort, know from the quizzes I do a lot of research goes in.

Have a feeling we've lived through a golden era, though I suppose every generation can say that as the bred gets better & faster.

Ah , nostalgia, gotta love it!👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Blackie said:

That Karrots, is she getting swabbed?

Your onto me, tried this new thing, ordered online. 

Doesn't show up in swabs, at least it says it doesn't. 

Nah just jokes, 

Thanks for the game Lightning. Didn't even know which horses WON the CUP lol.

Think when getting to know a person via reading what they write, can guess whom they may chose or have a soft spot for, thats was the trick to it, no extra help needed 😄

• Haha 1