The Race Place

The Beach strikes again Rusty!

Happy Sunrise

Who is that? Mark Dunnett? No, it is the mighty Stella's Delight🤪

Someone put this jigsaw together. I did, and came to the conclusion it stinks to high heaven. The TAB should have opened it 2.00

💩💩💩💩💩💩

I'm farking sick of it.

Horse Movements: Gosakhi to Chris McDowell at Weedons, Stella's Delight to Robert & Jenna Dunn at Woodend Beach

Last 4 runs:

4bk otr,wdr tn,asked,no impact (12/12)

Soon ld,no peace,on retreat 600 (12/12)

Prkd,1x1 700,grinding bid in str (11/11)

4bk otr, 3wd train, no impression (10/10)

image.thumb.png.0eb9171bb755f5a386847c7372faea6b.png

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Happy for your post, and sharing your observations. They are important, but it's almost like noone, or at least not many people care too much about this b/s, or they are just too scared to pass comment. 

Unfortunately, here in Jacindastan, I am unable to freely post my opinion, what I think, what I suspect, and what I believe (about the magic beach), without facing repercussions down the track.  

• Like 1

Will get  a soft run behind probable leader Twice Shy and does have John's Juniors driver there to assist if he can, will he be looking behind like he usually does? . 

If they can turn around its form they are a lot better than  many give them credit for, me included. 🤔

Edited by Addington
  • Like 1

Sorry for intrusion didn't know where to put this & didn't want to start a new thread for it. Found it funny but not funny. 

Found it funny as McKendry doesn't drive on the Grass circuits nor at Mana. Iv only seen him drive at Alex & Cambridge. 

Following Race 3, Driver M McKendry was charged in that he ‘drove carelessly near the 300m when shifting ground outwards which resulted in interference to HEZASHADOWPLAYA (S Abernethy  which broke’.

Mr McKendry said he heard Mr Abernethy call out as he angled his drive out, however by then it was too late and there was contact between the horses.

Mr Dooley said that Mr McKendry had a clear record in respect of this Rule, and added that he was a busy Driver. He submitted that a 2 day suspension would be appropriate given his record.

Mr McKendry advised the Adjudicative Committee that he had drives at Auckland on 3 February and was in a position to commence a suspension following that meeting.

The Adjudicative Committee believed that this incident was at the lower end of the scale. Given Mr McKendry’s impeccable record it was felt that a 2 day suspension was appropriate and in accordance with penalties imposed on other Drivers in similar circumstances.

Mr McKendry’s driving licence was therefore suspended from after racing on 3 February until after racing on 6 February 2022 – 2 days.

The meetings involved in this suspension are :

4th February – Stratford

6th February – Hawera

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/waikato-bop-h-27-january-2022-r3-maurice-mckendry/

Edited by karrotsishere

9 hours ago, Rusty said:

I am unable to freely post my opinion, what I think, what I suspect, and what I believe (about the magic beach), without facing repercussions down the track.  

Simply because you are on the wrong side of the fence to the cabal of a few of those involved in the RIB, HRNZ leadership, media and training ranks who look after themselves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Addington said:

If they can turn around its form they are a lot better than  many give them credit for, me included. 🤔

Coaster Howe and Michael House had this horse initially, then went to Raewyn Low. It ran a third at Oamaru once (1 solitary placing from 23 starts) and I remember having it on my radar after that but it showed next to nothing after that and it became one of those horses you didn't need to be concerned about regardless of what race it was in.

Then I was mightily surprised Gavin Burgess took it on because he doesn't muck around with horses of no ability. Still did no good.

Now, after going to Dunn's it is into $3 drawn one on the second line behind.....a Geoff Dunn horse paying 1.80! That is keeping it in the family.

Robbie Close on Matt Purvis horse paying $61...........

Korbyn Newman $81.......

Gavin Smith $18....

Blair Orange on Burrows horse drawn 2....

Watch this race unfold. Someone is going to get the trail or at worst 3 back (which is fine at Methven) no one will put pressure on. Unless Katie Cox or Ben Hope fuck up this rort.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 2

Matt Peden must be under the pump with his mates coming to the party. Will they be covering the tracks of the their buddies with artificial price movements?

See Me Now from 41 to 26? In the face of the Stella's Delight money you have to be kidding.

Watch Me is brought in a touch to cloudy the blue skies of the market.

Blair Orange 8s out to 21s on a horse that is traditionally kept pretty tight in the market. Obviously not its day today is it.

image.thumb.png.67e4c0c15e606a78bf7e889ba721385f.png

Edited by Happy Sunrise

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:

Now that my Honey Moon phase with Harness is over.

Going off it unfortunately. Starting to form the generalised similar opinion that the General Public has towards the sport. 

It is a great sport and you have to remember it is just a small percentage who are wrecking it.

It actually doesn't even matter how Stella's Delight runs today because the perception of what is happening is enough to destroy betting confidence in the race and without turnover there is no industry. 

Unless, of course, a person is a money grabbing grub and jumps on board or who tips it out to mates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Going off it unfortunately. Starting to form the generalised similar opinion that the General Public has towards the sport.

This is a sad reflection, but very true reality for the sport in its current state Karrots. 

Racing has'nt been 100% squeaky clean for at least 60 years, but in the last 15 or so years, it's the worst it has ever been in my opinion, at least in the harness code anyway. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

If it wasn't for Sweety (whom is adorable), would stop following altogether. But will do that after Sweety. 

And therein lies the problem too. You are very keen about harness and have taken to it like a duck to water but are already seeing through the bullshit.

Ask yourself this, Karrots,

If you were the owner of Stella's Delight and had seen your 6 year old mare race for 23 starts for a single 3rd, what has changed in such a short space of time that she can be plunged from 9 to 3s in not the best (but certainly not the worst) maiden field?

24 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

How is Matt Cross going to explain this on TV?

Pre-race comments and selections will be telling. Normally I don't give a rat's for Matt Cross' selections, but I would be interested to know his first 4 picks for this race. 

No doubt during the call, a horse will be "in the chair" and quite a few horses "will be under" other race horses during the run. God knows how they don't get trampled on. 

Post race, if this thing wins, it will be a superbly rated John Dunn drive, and no mention of the previous 23 starts with more ducks eggs than a Chinese street market. 

Be interesting to see if any of the other drivers will be turning their necks back and forth like they are a spectator at the Aussie Open tennis, during this race. 

Meanwhile, #9 in the same race, is Korbyn's drive, opened up at 26s and went out to $126. Comments for the runner, now say it is scratched? 

What the hell is going on? 

16 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If you were the owner of Stella's Delight and had seen your 6 year old mare race for 23 starts for a single 3rd, what has changed in such a short space of time that she can be plunged from 9 to 3s in not the best (but certainly not the worst) maiden field?

If i was the (unfortunate) owner,I would be asking firstly "how the hell " did my mare only open up with bookies paying $9 !!!!!

In her last 10 starts,has only once started at tote odds under $40 (that being $27),and average has been $58.70.

Remember,its only a rort if you aren't in on it!🤑🤑🤑

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rusty said:

Unfortunately, here in Jacindastan, I am unable to freely post my opinion, what I think, what I suspect, and what I believe (about the magic beach), without facing repercussions down the track.  

The new code of conduct in harness racing is a paper tiger.

The powers that be won't draw any attention to things like the 5 horse race or House mouthing off because it will draw attention to the bullshit and that is the last thing they want.

The first person to get done with the code of conduct will most likely be an amateur driver lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Just to bring more attention to it. The Whale has Twice Shy as one of his selections. 

How will it look with Stella beating a hotpot put forward by the Whale?

image.thumb.png.05165c9dbd7e77e42c878ef4e15dfae5.png

Craig Thompson has Whale Watch.

Happy Sunrise has Woodend Watch.

Both not to be missed, and valuable pointers to the punt. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Gavin Smith $18....

I had to edit the post where I wrote this because I initially put $81 but then I looked back it was $18 so I thought I was seeing things.

However, a friend saw it and took You Fly With Me at 10ff the place. Which means it was at 81s. Now it is 16 and 3.60.

Another thing to watch.